U.S. women's gymnastics team wins sil...

U.S. women's gymnastics team wins silver medal

There are 9 comments on the www.chron.com story from Aug 13, 2008, titled U.S. women's gymnastics team wins silver medal. In it, www.chron.com reports that:

On an afternoon when it could afford no mistakes, the USA Gymnastics women's team absorbed two uncharacteristic falls by veteran Alicia Sacramone and several smaller slips elsewhere to finish second Wednesday ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.chron.com.

RXT

Broad Brook, CT

#1 Aug 13, 2008
Silver Medal? What a bunch of losers.
JAC

Tampa, FL

#2 Aug 13, 2008
How rude! The Chinese girls were flawless and earned it fair and square. Our USA team was also great but just one fall can make a difference! I think it was fair and still a pleasant to watch!
RXT

Broad Brook, CT

#3 Aug 13, 2008
LOSERS
JAV

La Crosse, WI

#4 Aug 13, 2008
First, the slips were unfortunate and played a large part of the 2+ point discrepancy. Second, I can't help to think China wasn't charged as many points for their wobbles because of a common rater error, halo effect. Everyone thought they would win, so they did. They were fantastic and artistic in the floor exercise...something missing from the Americans' routines. Congrats to China, and congrats to the Americans for being the second best team of female gymnasts in the world. They certainly aren't losers!
rtt

Belgrade, Serbia

#5 Aug 14, 2008
hey, offcourse they are not losers! US team did great. People make mistakes when under that kind of presure,it is perfectly normal. they still ended up second best female gymnasts (IN THE WORLD)!
Michelle

Kingston, RI

#6 Aug 14, 2008
I read that the US, before the competition started, were behind 2 points because of the difficulty factor. Even if the US had been perfect (no such thing), the Chinese would have had to make major mistakes not to get the Gold.

Silver is great and they represented us very well in their poise, dedication and class.
jayzee

Moreno Valley, CA

#7 Aug 16, 2008
Not bad for US. But China dominated and Jiang Yuyuan's floor routine was cool!
ChinaCheated dot com

Anderson, IN

#8 Aug 17, 2008
jayzee wrote:
Not bad for US. But China dominated and Jiang Yuyuan's floor routine was cool!
Dominated because they are 13 and 14 years old...

ChinaCheated.com
cheatermunk

San Francisco, CA

#9 Aug 19, 2008
dont hate, chinese and American both good, its the judges fault not the gymnists =[, but i do hope Shawn Johnson gets gold for the beam, shes my favorite

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chellsie Memmel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gatorade's G2 Channels Ali to Punch Up Its Mess... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Maroussia 1
News China win first women's team gold (Aug '08) Mar '09 Eddie07 3
Chellsie Memmel Personalized Gifts at Great Fri... (Mar '09) Mar '09 grasshopper 1
News 2008 Tour of Gymnastics Superstars Nastia Liuki... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Ryan 3
News Wide-eyed and wearing bubble gum pink (Aug '08) Aug '08 Melanie 18
News 2008 Olympics NBC TV Schedule Mens and Womens G... (Jul '08) Aug '08 ChinaCheated dot com 3
More from around the web