Pierce: 'I'm the best player in the world'

Aug 1, 2008 Read more: Orange County Register 28

Paul Pierce said it. He meant it. And he still means it. The Boston Celtics small forward/guard recently was asked by a Spanish publication whether he thought Kobe Bryant was the best player in the world.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LATINA

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Aug 10, 2008
BEST PLAYER MICHAEL JORDAN LIKE IT OR NOT EVEN SICK HE CAN PLAY HE COULD GET A FOUL AND STILL MAKE THE PLAY!
IF YOU EVER SAW HIM PLAY!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Indiana Farmer

Barnesville, OH

#23 Aug 10, 2008
He may not be the best player, but he sure knows how to get you guys all stirred up.
Hylas1

Lowell, MA

#24 Aug 11, 2008
As I say the Truth hurts. You think 'Toine was more important to those teams than Gasol was to KB? Kobe's had a better supporting cast than Paul did in any of those years. Face it, Pierce was unstoppable in the Finals and Kobe was ....shut down. While we're at it, Phil Jackson the genius was badly outcoached by Doc Rivers, as he was by Larry Brown in '04.
Hylas1

Lowell, MA

#25 Aug 11, 2008
By the way, MJ was not the greatest player of all time. That would be Bill Russell. Most of you guys can be forgiven, you're probably not old enough to have seen him play. Don't get me wrong, I'd like MJ on my team, but BR set the gold standard for greatness.
johhny28

East Aurora, NY

#26 Aug 13, 2008
wow dude vlade divac is the best ever and the current best is vladimar radmonovic of the lakers
Hylas1

Standish, ME

#27 Aug 14, 2008
Hellooo Gasol is not a rookie, nor a second year man & is better than anyone Paul ever had on the teams he carried. Al Jefferson was close but hadn't arrived to Gasol's level. Kobe doesn't carry teams he crushes them. He did his best to crush Bynum, & it will be interesting to see how they play together. The contrast with LeBron is telling. Now THERE is a guy who carried a team. And notice how he treats his teammates -- he builds them up, he reinforces their confidence, and, gasp, he even passes to them! Kobe could learn a lot from him. But championships are won by teams and great players also understand that. Paul understood that this year and that's part of his greatness. And when are you guys going to let go of this "West is better" fantasy. You're lucky you have the Spurs because otherwise all the recent champions have come from the east.
j-dog

Kansas City, KS

#28 Aug 14, 2008
hey Paul you dont become the worlds best basketball player by winning a championship,its a team effort.you didn't win that game by yourself. before then you hadn't won anything.if anything you are on the best team in the united states,because if you look hard enough you might find a college team that caN BEAT THE CELTICS.AND IF YOU LOOK ABROAD HARD ENOUGH you might find a team that can beat you. MR.CONCEEDED
jay

North Bend, WA

#29 Aug 16, 2008
Pierce seems to be a very vocal outspoken guy and also very underated so hey he won he gets to say what he wants. Thinking he really believes it is another thing your talking about a guy who went on his own to recruit PJ Brown. Took a backseat to KG who was coming to his team as the emotional leader. Remarked earlier how the lakers vs celtics game would complete a perfect year for him the big 3 and Doc. Pierce was on a team going no where and never asked to be traded..

I do remember Kobe requesting a trade from a team that kept him and traded away Shaq.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martina Navratilova Marries Julia Lemigova In N... Dec '14 Ray 1
News Tamika Catchings shares career intentions and c... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ivyawe 1
News Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
News Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... (Sep '14) Sep '14 johnnyj 1
News Brittney Griner Proposes To Girlfriend Glory Jo... (Aug '14) Aug '14 John Wilkinson 1
News Kevin Love withdraws from Team USA (Jul '14) Jul '14 Black Mamba 2
News Happy Birthday, Michael Jordan, Basketball Icon (Feb '10) Feb '14 supa fly 2 14
More from around the web