China broods over ping-pong success

China broods over ping-pong success

There are 3 comments on the www.atimes.com story from May 13, 2009, titled China broods over ping-pong success. In it, www.atimes.com reports that:

Of the 20 medals awarded at this month's World Table Tennis Championships, China won 17. But rather than hail the sweep as another example of sporting prowess, Chinese label it a failure, a boring one-country show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.atimes.com.

LOL

North Chicago, IL

#1 May 13, 2009
well, US got basketball, China got Ping Pong, everyone dominates in something.
MajorMalfunction

UK

#2 May 14, 2009
LOL wrote:
well, US got basketball, China got Ping Pong, everyone dominates in something.
Even the best need decent competition ....no good if you win everything .....just gets boring...I mean how many people follow basketball outside the US? They should take a leaf from our book ...Invent a sport...and show how crap you are at it...worship your losers...typical british mentality
crysun

Wuhan, China

#3 May 14, 2009
yes , china is good at pingpong no country can get up it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College basketball had its first 4-OT game of s... (Feb '17) Feb '17 GamePharts 2
News 2016 Rio Olympics: Team USA Unveils Women's Bas... (May '16) May '16 Ivyawe 2
News Martina Navratilova Marries Julia Lemigova In N... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Ray 1
News Tamika Catchings shares career intentions and c... (Oct '14) Oct '14 ivyawe 1
News Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
News Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... (Sep '14) Sep '14 johnnyj 1
News Brittney Griner Proposes To Girlfriend Glory Jo... (Aug '14) Aug '14 John Wilkinson 1
More from around the web