How David Stern and Michael Jordan may have destroyed the NBA

Aug 14, 2008 | Posted by: Top Ex Ed | Full story: www.associatedcontent.com

The league potentially has a serious problem on its hands. Forget Brett Favre leaving the Packers. If Kobe Bryant were to leave the NBA, that would be the sports story of the decade. We're not talking about a veteran player opting to finish his career elsewhere. We're talking about one of the greatest talents the game has ever seen thumbing his nose at the league in his prime. It would serve as a harsh reminder to most ethnocentric Americans that our brand is not the best, or at least we can't afford it.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Jeebs

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

im the first to commnent. woohoo. this is the dumbest article i have ever seen. i wish the nba would go back to how it was back in the 90's with not as many foreign players as today. it was a lot more exciting then than what it is now. now its just boring.
bboobbyy

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

i like the fact there are more international players despite getting thier asses handed to them the diffrence of talent between the american team and the china teams isn't that much
perhaps soon we may be comparing players from other leauges to players in the nba and maybe basketball could have it's own world cup instead of the olympics
NoName

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

Judged:

Eddie wrote:
Who cares? The NBA is a bunchof thugs who pound their chest after every dunk as if they acocmplished something spectaculat. They get PAID to make baskets so cut the hot dogging and do it.
Do u play basketball (not play at it)? Can u play at the level NBA players play?

From your response, I doubt it so quit the player hatin'. It takes talent, skill, and hard work to do what they do
LLPH

Castle Rock, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

Yeah? And, who cares? He's right. The NBA isn't for white folk no more!
Andre

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

Eddie wrote:
Who cares? The NBA is a bunchof thugs who pound their chest after every dunk as if they acocmplished something spectaculat. They get PAID to make baskets so cut the hot dogging and do it.
I agree. It's the showboating and chest pounding that has ruined the NBA.
Drugs in basketball

Webb, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Pro basketball is no more of a sport than ping pong. Why are the scores so high in each game? Because basketball is easy when you're 7 feet tall. Move the goal up another two feet and make getting points more of a challenge. The players are on growth hormones to get taller ever since college and sometimes high school. Height is the key to scoring more than talent. No other sport allows steroids or growth hormones but basketball keeps it swept under the rug.

I mounted a basketball goal on the roof of my house without first measuring the height of the goal. It was only 9 and a half feet high. I was amazed at how easy it was to score in games with the neighborhood players. That's why it's not a true sport. When you're tall it's too easy.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

Judged:

Drugs in basketball wrote:
Pro basketball is no more of a sport than ping pong. Why are the scores so high in each game? Because basketball is easy when you're 7 feet tall. Move the goal up another two feet and make getting points more of a challenge. The players are on growth hormones to get taller ever since college and sometimes high school. Height is the key to scoring more than talent. No other sport allows steroids or growth hormones but basketball keeps it swept under the rug.
I mounted a basketball goal on the roof of my house without first measuring the height of the goal. It was only 9 and a half feet high. I was amazed at how easy it was to score in games with the neighborhood players. That's why it's not a true sport. When you're tall it's too easy.
and what about the players who are only 6".

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2008

NoName wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u play basketball (not play at it)? Can u play at the level NBA players play?
From your response, I doubt it so quit the player hatin'. It takes talent, skill, and hard work to do what they do
i agree with on this one. he is obviously not good enough or else he would playing instead of criticizing the league right now.
Bill

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

This article is B.S. Stern with his ego has killed the NBA. Jordan did everything he was asked to do thinking it would better the NBA and it's future players. Now the NBA is so boring with it's below average oversees players that I fall asleep during some games. These guys play so bad I know the NBA has let go other good players from the US in order to promote Stern's B.S. dream. Hell I can go to the playground and find better players. Stern needs to retire because he doesn't have a clue. I think some NBA players are looking out for themselves which is why they think about going elsewhere to play, get paid big big loot.
John Smith

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Drugs in basketball wrote:
So you think you can join the NBA and dominate the league? My friend, height is not everything in the NBA. You can be tall and still suck at Basketball. Height helps but it does not man you are automatically good at basketball. These guys practice hours a day since they where 10 some even 6 years old and some still don't make the NBA. Sure you have some athletic freaks like Lebron, an younger T-MAC and Kobe but those don't come everyday. You think Larry Bird, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Yao Ming could shoot cause they are "tall"? They practiced hours a day and played against legit competition not some back yard pick up game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andrew Bogut Discussions

Search the Andrew Bogut Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pep calls it quits on Barcelona (Apr '12) Apr '12 Baz 1
•••
•••
•••