CSU Expelled Sorority Amid Allegation...

CSU Expelled Sorority Amid Allegations of Hazing

There are 1 comment on the University Business story from Sep 3, 2009, titled CSU Expelled Sorority Amid Allegations of Hazing. In it, University Business reports that:

A Colorado State University sorority was quietly ousted from the university in the spring after campus police found numerous alleged incidents of hazing and harassment that one sorority pledge called "torture." Pledges from CSU's Omicron Omicron chapter of Zeta Phi Beta, a nationally chartered black sorority, alleged that they were at times ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at University Business.

The One

Reisterstown, MD

#1 Sep 9, 2009
i am a black Greek and to clarify in my chapter we have Sorors of Asian, Caucasian as well as West and East Indian. You can be of any nationality to be in a historically black sorority and or fraternity the key word is HISTORICALLY. I donít pay for friends my dues go towards the march of dimes toward young pregnant teen towards cancer research forms on HIV in the community and so on and so forth we are not allowed to have houses because our board members thought it was more important to use our due money to help the community so again i donít pay for friends i pay to help my community! When I graduate my work is not done I transfer to a graduate chapter when I work alongside sorority sisters that range from 25 to 90 still working for the community. As far as pledging and hazing you not forced to do it u always have a choice to leave itís not for everyone and unless u do it and go through it u will not understand it ( do not confuse traditional sorority and fraternity pledging with Historically black and sorority and fraternity pledging because it is completely different) and ur NOT MENT TO so judge me not because there is only one who can judge me or my Soror/Frat.... as far as all this rubbish about paying for friends and elites u have the right to those thought but the difference between me and you is Iím not worried about your personal choices and what you chose to do or not to do to join or not to join Iím happy with my choice and what my org has done for the community so please go out and get informed before you come on here with your mindless dribble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zeta Phi Beta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jones Speaks to Sorority (Feb '12) Feb '12 Iotaalphamu 1
News Do Black Greek Orgs own stepping? (Mar '10) Aug '10 Amanda 2
News Events raise awareness for men's health (Jan '10) Jan '10 DrWilson 1
News Those who cana t handle the hazing dona t belon... (Sep '09) Sep '09 and old greek 1
News New sorority chartered at AASU (Aug '09) Sep '09 ZphiB2 2
News Colo. State Suspends Sorority After Alleged Hazing (Aug '09) Sep '09 ZphiB2 5
News Achievers made their mark in 2008 (Jan '09) Jan '09 Just John 2
More from around the web