E-mail tells sorority party guests to bring fake IDs

Mar 17, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The ASU Herald

Three days prior to Friday's Alpha Gamma Delta "A-ball" party, a member of the sorority sent out an e-mail encouraging those invited to bring legitimate or fake IDs showing that they were 21 if they wanted to drink alcohol at the event.

Comments
1 - 20 of 80 Comments Last updated Jul 3, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

Judged:

And this is new since when? Poor stupid girl was just dumb enough to put it in writing.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

lol right!
erin

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Maybe YOU are the poor stupid girl.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

I think this situation has been blown way out of proportion. Drinking is part of the college experience. It is sad that a great sorority such as alpha gamma delta has had their name tarnished like this. The members of this sorority are some of the best girls I know. They hold many leadership roles on campus and do lots of great things in the community. I can't believe that an editor of a newspaper would actually allow a story of this sort to be published. The mission of a newspaper should be to promote organizations on campus and not to bring them down. This is truely heart breaking.
brittany

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

First,'truly' has no 'e'.

Second, a newspaper should report what its readers want to hear, as long as it is truthful and relevant. The Herald is no Washington Post, but the story brings to light the double standard of the Greek system. While Greeks drinking underage isn't news, a sorority that turns down potential members for having a party-girl reputation and then encourages such behavior is more interesting. I don't think the email or its intent is shocking. The only reason this is a big deal is because the Gams are so judgmental and act like their behavior is any better than anyone else's. Yes, it's sad that the Christian goody-Gams must be dragged through the mud with their sluttier sisters, but karma is a bitch. You can't play God and decide whose sins are less sinful. The Gams would never have become popular if they all stuck to the rules. There's a price you pay in college when you choose to party, drink, and sleep around, and it's about time these girls learn that you have to practice what you preach.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

brittany wrote:
First,'truly' has no 'e'.
Second, a newspaper should report what its readers want to hear, as long as it is truthful and relevant. The Herald is no Washington Post, but the story brings to light the double standard of the Greek system. While Greeks drinking underage isn't news, a sorority that turns down potential members for having a party-girl reputation and then encourages such behavior is more interesting. I don't think the email or its intent is shocking. The only reason this is a big deal is because the Gams are so judgmental and act like their behavior is any better than anyone else's. Yes, it's sad that the Christian goody-Gams must be dragged through the mud with their sluttier sisters, but karma is a bitch. You can't play God and decide whose sins are less sinful. The Gams would never have become popular if they all stuck to the rules. There's a price you pay in college when you choose to party, drink, and sleep around, and it's about time these girls learn that you have to practice what you preach.
Lol. Goody-gams!. Too funny. And their not that popular.
doWHAT

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

Maybe national headquarters should know about it.Losing their chapter might make others think twice.

“I'm mean because you're dumb.”

Since: Mar 09

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

Guest wrote:
I think this situation has been blown way out of proportion. Drinking is part of the college experience. It is sad that a great sorority such as alpha gamma delta has had their name tarnished like this. The members of this sorority are some of the best girls I know. They hold many leadership roles on campus and do lots of great things in the community. I can't believe that an editor of a newspaper would actually allow a story of this sort to be published. The mission of a newspaper should be to promote organizations on campus and not to bring them down. This is truely heart breaking.
Underage drinking is still illegal, no matter how much of the "college experience" anyone thinks it is. If people are holding leadership positions and do something that shows an utter disregard for the law, then yeah, people should know about it. It is news. It's not about bringing someone down, it's about objectively reporting news.
omg

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

First off, Kimberly holds no leadership position in Alpha Gamma Delta so why is the entire sorority being slandered?
Maladi wrote:
<quoted text>
Underage drinking is still illegal, no matter how much of the "college experience" anyone thinks it is. If people are holding leadership positions and do something that shows an utter disregard for the law, then yeah, people should know about it. It is news. It's not about bringing someone down, it's about objectively reporting news.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

doWHAT wrote:
Maybe national headquarters should know about it.Losing their chapter might make others think twice.
Oh trust me. They know about it.
not going to happen

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

They won't lose their charter.
Look at what Pi Kappa Alpha has done the past two years: rapes and assaults, and even Kappa Alpha faced some mishaps.
The only reason this is such a big ordeal is because it is the girls on campus who are known as being the "Goody" girls.

The editor who wrote the article clearly has it out for Greek Organizations; She has several individuals proof read the article to make sure she wasn't being biased. Why would they have to proof read is she didn't have hard feelings toward that particular organizatio, much less why would they have to publish having it "proofread by numerous individuals" in the paper.
I guarentee you no Alpha Gam proof read it. The editor couldn't even get the date of the formal right. Stupid.
guest wrote:
<quoted text> Oh trust me. They know about it.

Martinsburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Just because a few of the girls are lushes and can't keep their minds off of alcohol the rest shouldn't be punishd.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

not going to happen wrote:
They won't lose their charter.
Look at what Pi Kappa Alpha has done the past two years: rapes and assaults, and even Kappa Alpha faced some mishaps.
The only reason this is such a big ordeal is because it is the girls on campus who are known as being the "Goody" girls.
The editor who wrote the article clearly has it out for Greek Organizations; She has several individuals proof read the article to make sure she wasn't being biased. Why would they have to proof read is she didn't have hard feelings toward that particular organizatio, much less why would they have to publish having it "proofread by numerous individuals" in the paper.
I guarentee you no Alpha Gam proof read it. The editor couldn't even get the date of the formal right. Stupid.
<quoted text>
3 gams who worked at the paper quit including the editor when she insisted on publishing it.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

omg wrote:
First off, Kimberly holds no leadership position in Alpha Gamma Delta so why is the entire sorority being slandered?
<quoted text>
Judging by the presence I've seen of most AGD girls on here (I'm referring to the "we're the best" attitude), I can only imagine that any underlying message in this article was simply to knock them down a few pegs. Other than that, I don't know. I'm not affiliated with the paper and I know neither the girls who actually took part in this, nor the girl who wrote the article.
sugasmack

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

oh looky at maladi...gotta get jealous and start ur gossipy sh1t lmao
ABC

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text> 3 gams who worked at the paper quit including the editor when she insisted on publishing it.
There was only one alpha gam that worked at the herald and she quit, but she did it in a very respectful manner. The other two people who quit had not affiliation to alpha gam, they felt the whole situation was out of line and should have never been reported the way it was. The herald needs to start reporting both sides of the Greek system if they're gonna bring out something like this. The herald NEVER reports any thing good about Greeks and rarely reports anything about the Greeks period. I'm not a Greek but I feel that the Greeks on ASUs campus do alot to promote the school and raise money to help out charitys. This write should feel ashamed of herself and I would probably be scared if I were her. This story has not only upset alpha gams but the entire Greek community.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

I guess "KimWin" paid the fee and got the other alpha gam thread removed. The damage has already been done sweetie.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

I wish someone would dig a little deeper and find out exactly how the Herald got this story.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

sugasmack wrote:
oh looky at maladi...gotta get jealous and start ur gossipy sh1t lmao
Saying someone "is just jealous" makes you seem like you're still in grade school. That is a shallow insult and shows a lack of originality on part of the insulter.

Why would anyone be jealous of anyone on topix?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

ABC wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one alpha gam that worked at the herald and she quit, but she did it in a very respectful manner. The other two people who quit had not affiliation to alpha gam, they felt the whole situation was out of line and should have never been reported the way it was. The herald needs to start reporting both sides of the Greek system if they're gonna bring out something like this. The herald NEVER reports any thing good about Greeks and rarely reports anything about the Greeks period. I'm not a Greek but I feel that the Greeks on ASUs campus do alot to promote the school and raise money to help out charitys. This write should feel ashamed of herself and I would probably be scared if I were her. This story has not only upset alpha gams but the entire Greek community.
So she should be scared because the Greeks are upset? That's totally not a threat at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••