Frat Inspired By Gen. Lee Bans Rebel ...

Frat Inspired By Gen. Lee Bans Rebel Uniforms

There are 12 comments on the cbs2.com story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Frat Inspired By Gen. Lee Bans Rebel Uniforms. In it, cbs2.com reports that:

A college fraternity inspired by Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee has banned members around the country from wearing Confederate uniforms to "Old South" parties and parades after years of complaints that the tradition was racially insensitive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs2.com.

Yankee

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 23, 2010
If Gen Lee was around today, he would have been blown away by some remote-controlled Predator drone.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Francisco, CA

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Good news everybody! The gentlemanly agricultural South has defeated the industrial warlike North!
It was easy. They just cut off the supply of cotton and society collapsed.
Brilliant, really.
Jim Beam

Medford, NY

#3 Apr 23, 2010
Can the women still wear tube tops and daisy dukes?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 23, 2010
I wonder if they would ban someone in a Union uniform.....

Since: Aug 09

Doylestown, PA

#5 Apr 23, 2010
Earthling2010 wrote:
I wonder if they would ban someone in a Union uniform.....
Union suits at parades _are_ banned.

However, your post almost suggests that you think there's nothing wrong with expressions of racism or that you don't think the South was fighting to preserve slavery as more liberal parts of the country were moving to abolish it.(I know the Civil War was also about economics and self determination generally, but different trends in attitudes towards slavery was surely a big part.)

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#6 Apr 24, 2010
I'm wondering if all these sudden purges to ban Confederate symbols has something to do with the secession movements springing up around the states.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#7 Apr 24, 2010
hinamanu wrote:
I'm wondering if all these sudden purges to ban Confederate symbols has something to do with the secession movements springing up around the states.
IMO, people that embrace symbols of the Confederacy have a strong streak of "states rights" in their makeup, a trait that liberals in general fear because it does not conform to the nanny state, cradle to the grave government care ideology that they wish to impose on this nation.

United States

#8 Apr 24, 2010
some people I guess are still fighting the godam Civil War..grow up, the South lost, and there is no more 'solid South' either

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#9 Apr 24, 2010
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, people that embrace symbols of the Confederacy have a strong streak of "states rights" in their makeup, a trait that liberals in general fear because it does not conform to the nanny state, cradle to the grave government care ideology that they wish to impose on this nation.
Deo vindice brother

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#10 Apr 29, 2010
corrective_unconscious wrote:
<quoted text>
Union suits at parades _are_ banned.
However, your post almost suggests that you think there's nothing wrong with expressions of racism or that you don't think the South was fighting to preserve slavery as more liberal parts of the country were moving to abolish it.(I know the Civil War was also about economics and self determination generally, but different trends in attitudes towards slavery was surely a big part.)
Huh, narrow minded assumption.......go figure.
Roudy

Penn Valley, CA

#11 May 1, 2010
The next one will start in the West and it will be over water and illegal immigration. It will awful and it may already be in the making.
California`s are threatning to imposing an embargo on Arizona. Alabama has threatened to back Arizona as Nevada.Conservatives in California are opposed to this illegal embargo and stand with Arizona. Where do you stand?
http://www.sfchron.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...

http://www.sfchron.com/cgi-bin/blogs/bottomli...

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/illegal-9...

These issues are ABOUT STATES RIGHTS. The right of a state to protect it`s borders, about citizens having the right to be safe in their homes.Where will Alabama stand?
The Liberals want to impose their brand of one shoe fita all on ever free citizen in this country.
Look at what Nancy Pelosi is doing today. think about it. The conflict is not about slavery, it is about a free people having tthe right to protect their homes and property.Pelosi does not believe in this right. Where willAlabama stand ?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12 May 1, 2010
Roudy wrote:
~ snip ~
These issues are ABOUT STATES RIGHTS. The right of a state to protect it`s borders, about citizens having the right to be safe in their homes.Where will Alabama stand?
The Liberals want to impose their brand of one shoe fita all on ever free citizen in this country.
Look at what Nancy Pelosi is doing today. think about it. The conflict is not about slavery, it is about a free people having tthe right to protect their homes and property.Pelosi does not believe in this right. Where willAlabama stand ?
considering Alabama is one of only three states who's state law enforcement officers are empowered to arrest illegals on immigration law violations, I expect they will stand with Arizona.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coeducational Fraternities Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Peak of Reported Sex Assaults Involving SDSU Frats May '15 zio-greed 1
News Damage at Michigan Ski Resort Leads to Charges ... Apr '15 WE THE PEOPLE 2
News University of Oklahoma shuts down fraternity in... Mar '15 fedupwiththemess 8
News Video of racist chant threatens Univ. of Oklaho... Mar '15 TimeforHonesty 226
News Racism in Oklahoma Frat Video Is Widespread at ... Mar '15 fedupwiththemess 9
News sae Mar '15 brown 1
News VIDEO: Univ. of Oklahoma severs ties with Sigma... Mar '15 Ridiculous 1
More from around the web