Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Dec 23, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#21 Feb 27, 2013
not a geek wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, code master, you seem like a very smart guy. I am sure you can do the math and see that if you make $X an hour, and it takes you 2 hours to make the 2 hour video. It costs you $2X in money (simple math). Unless you are making only $5/hr, it actually IS saving money to have someone do it FOR you while you use your time making more money.
Now, if you use your spare time geeked out and watching Star Trek, then it doesn't make sense, but it is a simple time/money investment equation.
Simple.
Oh trust me i've never seen star trek nor do i have a interest in it. In fact if i were to rip vhs's i wouldn't get paid. If i were to get paid i would be rolling in money considering all the vhs tapes ive bought from goodwill. If anything if i like the dvd enough i end up buying a dvd copy if the price is right.
seriously

Columbia, IL

#22 Feb 27, 2013
codemaster802 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh trust me i've never seen star trek nor do i have a interest in it. In fact if i were to rip vhs's i wouldn't get paid. If i were to get paid i would be rolling in money considering all the vhs tapes ive bought from goodwill. If anything if i like the dvd enough i end up buying a dvd copy if the price is right.
And that has NOTHING to do with what dude was talking about, nor what the guy offering his service said.

They are talking about HOME movies!! Not VHS tapes of movies! That is illegal! And you seriously still buy VHS tapes!? Goodwill or not, you HAVE to be kidding me!!
not a geek

Columbia, IL

#23 Feb 27, 2013
codemaster802 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh trust me i've never seen star trek nor do i have a interest in it. In fact if i were to rip vhs's i wouldn't get paid. If i were to get paid i would be rolling in money considering all the vhs tapes ive bought from goodwill. If anything if i like the dvd enough i end up buying a dvd copy if the price is right.
Yeah, you would be the first "geek" I've ever known who doesn't watch Star Trek. Maybe your time is spent at the comic book store or playing Dungeons & Dragons.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#24 Feb 27, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
And that has NOTHING to do with what dude was talking about, nor what the guy offering his service said.
They are talking about HOME movies!! Not VHS tapes of movies! That is illegal! And you seriously still buy VHS tapes!? Goodwill or not, you HAVE to be kidding me!!
He said VHS which can relate to home movies or VHS Movies. Converting a Physical Copy of what you already own into digital is not illegal unless you intend to sell it.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#25 Feb 27, 2013
not a geek wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you would be the first "geek" I've ever known who doesn't watch Star Trek. Maybe your time is spent at the comic book store or playing Dungeons & Dragons.
I rarely read comics and i dislike dungeon and dragons.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#26 Feb 27, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
And that has NOTHING to do with what dude was talking about, nor what the guy offering his service said.
They are talking about HOME movies!! Not VHS tapes of movies! That is illegal! And you seriously still buy VHS tapes!? Goodwill or not, you HAVE to be kidding me!!
Plus VHS movies are cheap as hell at goodwill $1.00 is cheap.$2.00 if its disney but i dont understand why.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#27 Feb 27, 2013
I think it would be amazing if the OP's business could convert a lot of obscure formats like Laserdisc and Betamax
Good Lord

Saint Louis, MO

#28 Feb 28, 2013
Memories wrote:
Why are you letting your old VHS tapes degrade with time? Why not preserve them to DVD format to enjoy for years to come?
Why send your precious memories out to a national no-face company when a local, discreet, customer satisfaction-minded service is available?
I will convert your old VHS, VHS-C, Hi8, or 8mm video cassettes to DVD format VERY QUICKLY & DISCRETELY!
Many national providers may not convert certain materials. I do not judge your video content. I just provide DVD conversion up to 2 hours per DVD.
You will receive your original video tape with your new DVD(s). If your video tape has more than 2 hours of video content, I will convert the remaining video content at the reduced DVD rate.
Rates:
1st DVD (up to 2 hours)-$12
2nd DVD (up to 2 hours)-$10
3rd DVD (up to 2 hours)-$8
Duplicate DVDs -$5 each
If you are interested, please contact me either by email or text me at 31.44.09.34.41.
I ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS!!
Yeah, that whole "memories" thing could throw people off to mean that "Beverly Hills Cop" in crappy quality VHS that you want to keep. No one would ever think old home movies with an obscure word like "memories."

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#29 Feb 28, 2013
Good Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that whole "memories" thing could throw people off to mean that "Beverly Hills Cop" in crappy quality VHS that you want to keep. No one would ever think old home movies with an obscure word like "memories."
At least with the method i would do it, it would get rid of some of those fuzzy lines you see commonly in vhs tapes.
not a geek

United States

#30 Mar 2, 2013
codemaster802 wrote:
<quoted text>At least with the method i would do it, it would get rid of some of those fuzzy lines you see commonly in vhs tapes.
Not a chance. No VHS tape converted to DVD will ever be true VHS quality.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#31 Mar 2, 2013
not a geek wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance. No VHS tape converted to DVD will ever be true VHS quality.
Thats a lie. VHS quality on a VHS will have some of the stuff from vhs like the little lines on the video . For the most part it would look good but for those few first seconds it will not unless you cut it out where you pause.
not a geek

Columbia, IL

#32 Mar 6, 2013
codemaster802 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a lie. VHS quality on a VHS will have some of the stuff from vhs like the little lines on the video . For the most part it would look good but for those few first seconds it will not unless you cut it out where you pause.
Sorry. What I meant to say is that no VHS converted to DVD will ever be DVD quality.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#33 Mar 6, 2013
not a geek wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. What I meant to say is that no VHS converted to DVD will ever be DVD quality.
You are correct.
Brayden Ferrier

Adelaide, Australia

#35 Dec 23, 2013
Cineclair Productions is your local film to DVD specialist in Melbourne. With our expert knowledge and experience in the field, we’re able to take your old home movies – no matter what format they might be in – and convert them to DVD/CD with improved sound and picture quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 14 min RayOne 1,815
Interesting Article Regarding Wilson's Past and... 35 min Bob The Supremacist 4
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Believer 97,049
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,855
Michael Brown's family prepares to say goodbye 8 hr Justshootthebastard 12
You Will wake Up Soon St Louis Mo 9 hr ACTS 2 38 1
The Greatest Is Love 9 hr ACTS 2 38 1
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••