curious

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2009

I have a question, if anyone can give me any information I would surely appreciate it! The property where I live(have been renting for about two years)was foreclosed on by the bank. From what I understand the bank intends to auction this property within the next week. My question is how long does the buyer(new owners) have to give me to move out according to MO eviction laws? I am single with a disabled child and I don't have much money so just going out and renting a new place is proving to be a little difficult. Please if anyone knows any accurate information please post it.
Bag of Bones

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Unfortunately, I believe the bank should have notified you once the note went delenquent and THEY became the owner again.

I may be wrong, but you should be prepared to have the NEW OWNER demand that you leave immediately.

Sorry
Bag of Bones

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Your rental contract was with the previous owner.

The new owner makes that old 'contract' void.
I think

Ellington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

ok if u dont get out when they tell u...then they will give u a writen paper or have u served by the sheriffs dept to get out then if u dont they will get a court date which sometimes takes 30 to 60 days then a lot of the times even after it goes to court the judge will give you 30days...after that the sheriffs dept will set u out...I use to rent apts out and sometime it took 3 months to get it in court and to get them out...the new landload will not except any money from u BUT you need to put it back and SAVE it more then likely the judge will make u pay them the back the months that u were there
Rocco Kneib

Blue Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

I have rented a home through a rental company, March 1st I received a notice to move in 30 days. It states that this is not an eviction notice. I would like to be out by the 31st but I am handicapped. If they would serve me with an eviction notice how long does it take to eviction someone?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for St Louis County was issued at July 13 at 9:18PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

St. Louis People Search