Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Health Reform

Full story: TIME.com

Missouri voters go to the polls Tuesday for the first-in-the-nation referendum on President Obama's health care plan.

Comments (Page 928)

Showing posts 18,541 - 18,560 of18,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
working poor

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

StrongSurvive wrote:
I was always taught that, historically, people sacrificed their lives to provide us with the right to Life, Liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness. The "pursuit of happiness" is a guaranteed right, but not the happiness in and of itself. Do you have a right to healthcare-of course. Do you have a right to make me pay for it? Nope. Do you have a right to own a cellphone-sure, why not? Should my tax money pay for it-nope. You don't contribute to paying my living expenses so why should I pay for yours, regardless of what they may be.
Maybe you would rather pay for people's hospital bills instead, oh wait you already are. Wouldn't it be nice if people could have insurance and not run your health care up.
Hillbilly Jim

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

working poor wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you would rather pay for people's hospital bills instead, oh wait you already are. Wouldn't it be nice if people could have insurance and not run your health care up.
You are obviously someone who is very knowledgeable about the Affordable Health Care Act I was wondering if you could help me out? Where in the bill does it say insurance will be provided for those who don't have it?
COSTLY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

ALL I KNOW IS THIS IS GOING TO COST ME A LOT OF MONEY I dont have,
Dreams do come true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Obama Care. The best thing for our country.
Jer

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Commonwealth Fund ranks Missouri 36th on health care.The state is not giving us health care,so let the Feds do it.We need health care.
seymore broomwhat

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

call your senator and congress person in DC. My experience the last week is that the congressional lines are answered quickly, your senator will we are busy so hold or leave a voice mail.

For the white house you get a recording on both the switchboard and comment phone lines saying down due to government shutdown. So you need use the email option.

It only takes a few minutes to do all of this and it is important no matter what side of the fence you are on.

This is a great opportunity to let DC know what you want them to do

Thanks

Vince H
seagate

Dixon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Jer wrote:
Commonwealth Fund ranks Missouri 36th on health care.The state is not giving us health care,so let the Feds do it.We need health care.
At some point, the people of this nation are going to wake up and demand a SP_UHC system...much like the rest of the civilized world uses. We pay twice as much as any other nation, and rank way down the list in terms of quality of care. There is absolutely no reason why we should have drug and insurance companies making billions, and doctors getting rich...while millions of our people are going broke paying for health care. A "Medicare For All" system makes far more sense than what we currently have. However, so long as we have our "bought and paid for" politicians, little is likely to be accomplished. I hold out hope that Obamacare will make such a mess of our system, that we will eventually join the rest of the world in recognizing that health care is a basic human right.
tim

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

seagate wrote:
<quoted text>
At some point, the people of this nation are going to wake up and demand a SP_UHC system...much like the rest of the civilized world uses. We pay twice as much as any other nation, and rank way down the list in terms of quality of care. There is absolutely no reason why we should have drug and insurance companies making billions, and doctors getting rich...while millions of our people are going broke paying for health care. A "Medicare For All" system makes far more sense than what we currently have. However, so long as we have our "bought and paid for" politicians, little is likely to be accomplished. I hold out hope that Obamacare will make such a mess of our system, that we will eventually join the rest of the world in recognizing that health care is a basic human right.
I think ACA is a step in the direction you're wanting to go. But it may take years to get to a system even close to Canada or Norway.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

seagate wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any clue what it takes to become a doctor? I didn't think so.
I can guarantee you that Obamacare will be a disaster. It will also cost a lot and the healthcare will be a total disaster as well. I have friends that have been in healthcare for years and have talked about this happening for years. People really don't understand what is going on. Healthcare for everybody........great! However, somebody has to pay and that would be us. The government is the people you know. I know doctors that will just quit. There will be a shortage of doctors, longer waits, non-covered services because of this and that, etc. There are a million reasons this will be a train wreck. Sad thing is........this is not all about healthcare. It's about control and people don't have a clue.....not a clue!

CHEERS!
seagate

Dixon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I can guarantee you that Obamacare will be a disaster. It will also cost a lot and the healthcare will be a total disaster as well. I have friends that have been in healthcare for years and have talked about this happening for years. People really don't understand what is going on. Healthcare for everybody........great! However, somebody has to pay and that would be us. The government is the people you know. I know doctors that will just quit. There will be a shortage of doctors, longer waits, non-covered services because of this and that, etc. There are a million reasons this will be a train wreck. Sad thing is........this is not all about healthcare. It's about control and people don't have a clue.....not a clue!
CHEERS!
Doctors are NOT Saints. Half the time they spend in medical school is trying to match symptoms with Prescription Drugs...so as to keep the money flowing. It is only the AMA, and the lobbying they do to keep the number of medical students low, that suppresses competition in our health care system. SP systems...or Socialized Medicine, if you will...has proven to be very effective in virtually every nation who has moved in that direction. Insofar as doctors leaving the profession...HOGWASH!...what else would they do for a living??? If you do any research on our current system, you quickly find that the Almighty Dollar is ALL that matters to the vast majority of our current providers. Which is better...paying thousands for an effective medical system, or paying 10's of thousands for the greedy mess we currently have????

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

seagate wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors are NOT Saints. Half the time they spend in medical school is trying to match symptoms with Prescription Drugs...so as to keep the money flowing. It is only the AMA, and the lobbying they do to keep the number of medical students low, that suppresses competition in our health care system. SP systems...or Socialized Medicine, if you will...has proven to be very effective in virtually every nation who has moved in that direction. Insofar as doctors leaving the profession...HOGWASH!...what else would they do for a living??? If you do any research on our current system, you quickly find that the Almighty Dollar is ALL that matters to the vast majority of our current providers. Which is better...paying thousands for an effective medical system, or paying 10's of thousands for the greedy mess we currently have????
Not only are doctors not saints, but 50% of them graduated in the bottom half of their med school class. The dirty little secret is that once you are accepted to almost all med schools, you can fail a class, a semester, or a year or more and they'll allow you to retake classes and try to pass them.

So your doctor could have taken a semester, year, or more than other doctors did to graduate. Since that same extended stay doctor could practice medicine after graduating, making life or death decisions, daily, the thought that he might have been "held back" to finish med school isn't comforting to me.

There are compassionate care providers practicing medicine out there and I only go to them. I refuse to go to a doctor who has confirmed to me that he's a mercenary bstard. If you can't clearly see that your doctor genuinely cares about your health and well-being, you might be going to the wrong doctor.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Hey Chilli J

Sounds like an expensive doctor who is going to show genuine concern also. Seriously.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
CHEERS!
Don't give me that crap about doctors quitting. What are they going to do move to a different country where they get paid $1200.00 for a minor surgery instead of $30,000.00?

Get serious! QUIT!!!!!HAHAHAHA

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Broken bones
maybe

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

In a health care system when your paying the bill if you complain something gets done. When the Government runs it and you complain ? You know the workers with there unions and such will just laugh at you and so will everyone else . You have no idea where this is going but you will find out..
tim

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Still beating a dead horse I see. Sorry healthcare is here to stay. Prop c is just a embarrassment to the state. Just shows how backwards we are. If you don't like it move somewhere else we don't want you.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Don't give me that crap about doctors quitting. What are they going to do move to a different country where they get paid $1200.00 for a minor surgery instead of $30,000.00?
Get serious! QUIT!!!!!HAHAHAHA
3,000 doctors leaving for greener pastures
http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/healthquest/...

@ CB... most likely that is what they will do. Take their money, exchange for foreign money, depending which country. Could exchange 10 to 1 , 3 to 1, 6 to 1 etc... live like a billionaire in a low wage country.

You must be one of those low information voters. Figures.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Judged:

tim wrote:
Still beating a dead horse I see. Sorry healthcare is here to stay. Prop c is just a embarrassment to the state. Just shows how backwards we are. If you don't like it move somewhere else we don't want you.
You dip chit. Obamacare is not about Health Care. It's all about taxing your ass to death.

If Obama had any concerns whatsoever he would of never signed the bill putting Monsanto above the law that Roy Blunt drafted up.

Just like a Low information democrat voter.
Lovin our Lord

East Providence, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

I have read from good sources that Obama has already implanted sub atomic microbs into our food supply that controle people.

That is why he got elected a secomd time( that is also why George Bush had to cheat in 2000 to get the Presidency) But some of the Tea Party have an andedote that they have been giving to thier eliet members that neutrializes it. Currently Ted Cruz is attempting to manufacture it in large enough quantities that he can get it out to decent God-faering American citizens.

I have been praying for our country and the fiery death of those commie, hippies that worked to put Obama into power. There is a group meeting on the second quarter moon at REAL Christian churches to end this sociolist take over of our country.

The biggest suprise is that Fox News is actually working for the Obama administration. They pretend to be in favor of Republicans but they actually broadcast secret mind controle waves at the viewers.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND FREE IT FROM TYRANNY!

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Lovin our Lord wrote:
I have read from good sources that Obama has already implanted sub atomic microbs into our food supply that controle people.
That is why he got elected a secomd time( that is also why George Bush had to cheat in 2000 to get the Presidency) But some of the Tea Party have an andedote that they have been giving to thier eliet members that neutrializes it. Currently Ted Cruz is attempting to manufacture it in large enough quantities that he can get it out to decent God-faering American citizens.
I have been praying for our country and the fiery death of those commie, hippies that worked to put Obama into power. There is a group meeting on the second quarter moon at REAL Christian churches to end this sociolist take over of our country.
The biggest suprise is that Fox News is actually working for the Obama administration. They pretend to be in favor of Republicans but they actually broadcast secret mind controle waves at the viewers.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND FREE IT FROM TYRANNY!
After having struggled through your post above, you have my profound sympathy. If you truly believe half of your post, you have to be in desperate need of professional help. I hope you can find the courage to seek that professional help to cure your confirmed case of raging paranoia. Your Lord can't and won't cure you, but professional help might. Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,541 - 18,560 of18,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the St. Louis Forum right now

Search the St. Louis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 44 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 92,139
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Samuel 17,744
St.Louis Remembers The Lost Shipment Of Cocaine ! 7 hr Reply2_CIA 3
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 15 hr guest 6,872
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr guest 262
St. Mob Thu Reply2_CIA 13
New wash machines don't work (May '12) Apr 16 well 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••