Motorcyclist Killed In Accident; Oliv...

Motorcyclist Killed In Accident; Olive at Craig Road Closed

There are 86 comments on the Fox2Now story from Mar 16, 2010, titled Motorcyclist Killed In Accident; Olive at Craig Road Closed. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

A motorcyclist has been killed in an early-morning accident in west St. Louis County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Virago Chrissy

Hazelwood, MO

#1 Mar 16, 2010
God Bless his family in this time of sorrow - hey cars and trucks, keep an eye out for us motorcycles ok?
Don

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Mar 16, 2010
Sucks to see this, get off your cell phones people!
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Mar 16, 2010
Don wrote:
EVERY SINGLE cell-phone moron thinks that THEY'RE the exception to the distraction rule. "Hey, I'm not distracted, I'm just multi-tasking! I'm cool with it! Got reflexes like a ninja! Don't tell me how to drive!"

I just watched a woman run a stop sign yesterday while gazing into her cell phone. I'm sure she thought she wasn't distracted, no, not at all.
Will

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 16, 2010
This man has a wife who is 7 months pregnant with their 2nd child. Please pray for his family.
Lane

Granite City, IL

#5 Mar 16, 2010
This is a very dangerous intersection. Is there just assumption someone involved was on a cell phone or is this fact? I am very sorry for this man's family, what a terrible loss.
Gus

O Fallon, IL

#6 Mar 16, 2010
A Federal law should be passed that would stop cell phones from operating after moving more than 5 miles per hour. Only a 911 call should work after that speed.

Write your congressman, demand this law!!!
Mary

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Mar 16, 2010
This mans name was David. Served in Iraq in 03 to 04. Will be dearly missed.
Krista Bailey

Columbia, MO

#8 Mar 16, 2010
It's stupid morons that think they can multi-task that kill motorcyclists. I'm 19 years old and I know how stupid and dangerous it is to multi-task while drivin. Ane another thing it isnt the people drving cars and trucks that gets killed when they multi-task. The most they might get is a few cuts and bruises but its the motorcyclist they hit that gets killed.I'm a motorcyclist and i've almost been hit by these people that can so call multi-task while driving.
Dingo

Kansas City, MO

#9 Mar 16, 2010
I see nothing about cell phones being involved. For all we know, could have been the motorcycle's fault. Dont jump to conclusions people.
Avengingangel

United States

#10 Mar 16, 2010
Dingo wrote:
I see nothing about cell phones being involved. For all we know, could have been the motorcycle's fault. Dont jump to conclusions people.
Hey stupid! The driver was quick to be arrested,cops dont do that unless they have cause, when it comes to driving you must be attuned to any and everything around, you should wear a sign that says IM A DUNCE!
fireman

Ballwin, MO

#11 Mar 16, 2010
Don wrote:
how do you know it was a cell phone and not the guy on the bikes fult
Fact Checker

Hazelwood, MO

#12 Mar 16, 2010
Avengingangel wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stupid! The driver was quick to be arrested,cops dont do that unless they have cause, when it comes to driving you must be attuned to any and everything around, you should wear a sign that says IM A DUNCE!
If you have read the article on STLtoday .com, the police have stated that the distraction had nothing to do with any cell phone or texting. Please get your facts straight before berating other posts.
This is a tragic accident and we should be focusing on the family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Mar 16, 2010
Dingo wrote:
Let me guess. You drive while running your mouth on a cell phone and you think you're such a good driver that you're not distracted.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Mar 16, 2010
Fact Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have read the article on STLtoday .com, the police have stated that the distraction had nothing to do with any cell phone or texting. Please get your facts straight before berating other posts.
This is a tragic accident and we should be focusing on the family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
How would they know? By asking the driver? "Oh, no, officer, I wasn't on my cell, it was just on the seat beside me, see? Right here. Oh, NO, I wasn't on it, no sir, no way."

We almost NEVER find out at the scene whether someone was on a cell unless the call is still active--i.e., if the driver is injured to the point where they drop the phone and can't retrieve it and turn it off.
The Doctor

Redmond, WA

#15 Mar 16, 2010
The 20 year old female driver from south St louis was on the way home from a party. Charges are manslaughter, dwi,dui, drug possession and assault (for the injuries of a passenger).
Okie Sailor

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Mar 16, 2010
fireman wrote:
<quoted text> how do you know it was a cell phone and not the guy on the bikes fult

The police investigating the incident clearly pointed out it was of no fault of the motorcyclist. Nor did they say a cell phone was to blame. No matter what the cause, the end result is the same. Slow down people and drive safely! Peoples lives depend on it.
Stl gal

Anaheim, CA

#17 Mar 16, 2010
That is terrible, God Bless that man. :(
Michaela

Fairfield, CA

#18 Mar 16, 2010
I was in the car when the accident happened. I was not the driver. BUT I do kno that the driver was NOT on the phone. This is very hard for all of us. I am the one who got out of the backseat and saw everything before anyone else did. Stop passing judgement. The driver was my best friend. Don't talk shit when you do not know anything about the story except that a man on a motorcycle was killed by a car. I just found out he had a wife with a baby on the way and children already. My heart and prayers go out to them soo much.
lisa

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Mar 16, 2010
my prayers and thoughts are with this family. i am so sorry for your loss and for the young children who have lost their father.
answer

Florissant, MO

#20 Mar 16, 2010
Michaela wrote:
I was in the car when the accident happened. I was not the driver. BUT I do kno that the driver was NOT on the phone. This is very hard for all of us. I am the one who got out of the backseat and saw everything before anyone else did. Stop passing judgement. The driver was my best friend. Don't talk shit when you do not know anything about the story except that a man on a motorcycle was killed by a car. I just found out he had a wife with a baby on the way and children already. My heart and prayers go out to them soo much.
If you were a passenger in the car then why don't you tell us what the driver was arrested for and clear it all up for us.

thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Frankspickelbarre... 20,927
Topix St. Louis Stalker is a Poo Cee 3 hr South City Trash 14
CIA Russia Hacked Election For Trump 5 hr GOPee got TRUMPED 1,487
Democrats want USA to wind-up like London(ISIS) 14 hr Lock Trump Up 6
Topix St. Louis Stalker is a Poo Cee 14 hr Lock Trump Up 4
Topix St. Louis Stalker is a Poo Cee 17 hr Benedict Donald 2
London let somemore ISIS aliens IN 17 hr NLDM 1

St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Louis Mortgages