Fatal Accident Near Halls Ferry and Chambers Road

There are 183 comments on the Fox2Now story from Mar 12, 2010, titled Fatal Accident Near Halls Ferry and Chambers Road. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

Police are still on the scene of a fatal accident that came after a police had already shut down a North County Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

Tyra Lanos

United States

#21 Mar 13, 2010
I was friends with Cordell Moore and I am also friends with Raana. If you don't know the complete story don't make any comments. Your ignorant comments aren't doing anything but making you look dumb. He didn't steal the car so he was innocent. It's a shame that adults have no since of remorse for a 16 year old that has tragically died. I will make sure I keep you fools in my prayers and let the Lord be with you.
Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34). I love you Cordell, Anthony, and Brandon Rest in Peace. Love, Tyra Lanos
KCk

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Mar 13, 2010
This story is not true. I was there, the police did not have a roadblock and were chasing the guy in the SUV.He tried to make a left on Chambers at high speed as the police were chasing him and slid out of control.
Marie

Florissant, MO

#23 Mar 13, 2010
I never knew this kid..But in response to the ignorant comments..Coming from a mother's point of view..when ur child makes a mistake do you honestly feel death is a rightful punishment??? THe very ppl criticizing are the same ones who have done equivalent or worse than what he has..So plz be quiet..U are lucky that ur crimes or mistakes werent broadcasted as his were..No one in this world is perfect..Doesnt mean they deserve to die..If everyone who broke the law was murdered there would be no one left..So plz hush and allow the grieving family peace!! TTTYY any further questions/comments feel free to shove it!!
Marie

Florissant, MO

#24 Mar 13, 2010
jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> He broke the law by stealing this car,and was responsible for his own death by acting like a fool. Would you feel the same if he might have killed some of your family members in this crash ?
If he had in fact "stolen the car" that doesnt mean he deserved to die..And before we all assume, how about we wait til the facts are laid out!! And in relevence to your own question, if you lost a close family member in a similiar situation would you like it if someone refered to their death as an action of their own foolishness? Or would u prefer empathy? Compassion? Are you forgeting that a young boy of 16 is dead? No need to rub it in!! We all make mistakes!! Dont act like you walk around on a cloud and have never done anything wrong..We have all been young and foolish before..Only difference here is he was unlucky and died.
jimbo

Saint Peters, MO

#25 Mar 13, 2010
He's still not innocent,if he knows that the vehicle he is driving is stolen.It doesn't belong to him,or the person who gave it to him. He was running because he was driving a stolen car....and again I'm glad no other INNOCENT people were harmed.
itoldyouso

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Mar 13, 2010
Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
If he had in fact "stolen the car" that doesnt mean he deserved to die..And before we all assume, how about we wait til the facts are laid out!! And in relevence to your own question, if you lost a close family member in a similiar situation would you like it if someone refered to their death as an action of their own foolishness? Or would u prefer empathy? Compassion? Are you forgeting that a young boy of 16 is dead? No need to rub it in!! We all make mistakes!! Dont act like you walk around on a cloud and have never done anything wrong..We have all been young and foolish before..Only difference here is he was unlucky and died.

Whatever this kids name is he knowingly stole someones vehicle, drove it like a fool and erased himself in the process. His actions were ignorant and stupid that's what happens when a person acts that way.

He proved to me he was NOT A GOOD PERSON! Miscreants like him put another bad mark against all people that look like him. His lack of foresight could have gotten him shot by the owner, shot by the police or caused someone else's life to be lost. If that were a family member of mine there would be nothing I could say in rebuttal to the mean jabs here because I'd agree with them.

The only silver lining in this case is he's dead, he cannot do anything like that again and maybe, just maybe him killing himself will keep another teen from stealing a car and instead have them on the right path.

I try my best to be mild mannered here and not cause a disturbance however, my bluntness is because he's set a very bad example for his peer group.
Marie

Florissant, MO

#27 Mar 13, 2010
jimbo wrote:
He's still not innocent,if he knows that the vehicle he is driving is stolen.It doesn't belong to him,or the person who gave it to him. He was running because he was driving a stolen car....and again I'm glad no other INNOCENT people were harmed.
Regardless of the fact the car was stolen..That doesnt he deserved to have his life taken..Get over the fact that the car was stolen and see the BIG picture here..Money can buy a new car...But u can not replace ppl!!!
Marie

Florissant, MO

#28 Mar 13, 2010
jimbo wrote:
And although u may not see his life as cherishable obviously there are ppl out there who do and are really missing him. If u were to die today from drinking and driving, do u honestly think your family wouldn't mourn but instead talk about how dumb u were for being so reckless? Dont speak ill over the dead...We all know the car was stolen!! But bigger than that is the fact a young man was killed.Furthermore, we dont know for a fact that he was the one driving the vehicle..
FirstLady_ Four_ Sho

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Mar 13, 2010
All I got to say is yes, my heart goes out to this family, but the bible says you live by the sword you die by the sword. Now, before anybody gets upset I am a mother of 9 children and I don't think know one should blame the parents at least not most of these parents, because we as parents can only do so much for our children and then the rest is up to them. I would say an innocent child died I would say he probable was at the wrong place at the wrong time, because I'm sure this young man knew this was a stolen car before he got into it, so right there he had a choice to make rather he made the right choice or the wrong choice he and he alone made that choice. We as mothers can only LOVE our Son's and those as father's can only LOVE their daughters so instead of all this negativity we as a whole in society we need to come together and start raising and mentoring to out teenagers, because they are so angry and they don't know why so they do things like sell dope, join gangs, steal cars to joy ride and all sorts of crazy things rather its for attention, fun or etc...So as I end this I say to each and every one of you God said, "HE WHO WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE," and I'm sure not a one soul on this page can cast a stone. We have a grieving family here and they already know their child was in the wrong and made the most heart breaking choice in his life and he allowed his self to be put in this situation,so they do not need to be reminded of their child's actions. So family & friends my heart,shoulder, tears and sympathy pours out to each and everyone of you. FAMILY.. let me leave you with this word of encouragement GOD SAID LOOK TO THE HILLS WHICH COMETH YOUR STRENGTH YOUR STRENGTH COMES FROM THE LORD..AMEN & GOD BLESS
jimbo

Saint Peters, MO

#30 Mar 13, 2010
twisted logic
Let them eat cake

Saint Peters, MO

#31 Mar 13, 2010
pavement apes showing their best!

At least one died. That should raise property value in that area .008%
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#32 Mar 13, 2010
Marie wrote:
THe very ppl criticizing are the same ones who have done equivalent or worse than what he has
I've never stolen a car for a joyride--or for any other reason--nor have I accepted a ride in a stolen car. You break the law, you pay the price. Stupid criminal behavior has CONSEQUENCES. I don't care how "nice" he was, he was a participant in a dangerous and CRIMINAL activity that endangered public safety. It's a good thing no INNOCENT, LAW-ABIDING, RESPONSIBLE people had to die because of this CRIMINAL. It's not a "mistake," it's not "just tryn have fun," IT'S A CRIME. This kind of excuse-making is what's keeping the African American community down. Police your own dysfunctional attitudes.
daddysgirl

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Mar 13, 2010
i dont care if he was innocent or not...he died at a young age and shouldnt have....and for those ppl getting on here down talking his friends and him are so ignorant and rude...you all r in my prayers
Jay Burks

Saint Louis, MO

#34 Mar 13, 2010
a lost of a young man that never got to see his graduation is terrible. if he really did or didnt steal the car, WE NEED TO KEEP POSITIVE PEOPLE IN OUR SURROUNDINGS. OR ELSE SITUATIONS LIKE THIS WILL HAPPEN. DUDE WILL BE MISSed. JUST PRAY THAT GOD HAS HIS ARMS AROUND HIM AND LETS LEARN FROM THIS SITUATION .. PRAYERS GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY!!
Avengingangel

United States

#35 Mar 14, 2010
To all other thugs in training let this be a lesson ,this is what happens when you drive with your pants down around your buttcheeks,and also get proper driver training and license.
Jive Dude

United States

#36 Mar 14, 2010
Damn wrote:
Fck All You ppl who tlk'n dt **** ON SUM REAL ****.! dts Fck'd UP anotha one gone damn cuhz he str8 gon.!
Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?
Fair weather fan

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Mar 14, 2010
Biaca Moore wrote:
look you stupid dog....you dont even know what really happen...my lil cousin didnt even steal that car the boy who left himtherte stole it so he was an innocent dying victim...so dont say nothing back before you get your information together.....DOG
What he didn't know it was stolen. He was on his way to church. Driver or not he still broke the law.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Mar 14, 2010
This is the culture of the "tragic death" and constant funerals. Promotes the victim mentality that is dragging down the black community.

Nope. He wasn't acting responsibly, participated in a criminal activity, endangered public safety, and suffered the consequences.

Quit fainting and screaming and moaning over flower-draped coffins. All this melodrama and funeral floor shows does NOT ONE THING to help children behave more like citizens and less like thugs.
Obama at fault

United States

#39 Mar 14, 2010
Obama promised us all hope & change. There is no hope there is no change. Where are the jobs and the better life so our teens don't feel compelled to steal.
bobo

United States

#40 Mar 14, 2010
He had 16 years to prove he was a "good kid" and erased it in a manner of seconds. Society will forever remember him as a CAR THIEF who took off from the police and died. Don't believe for a second this is the first stolen car he has been in and that he hasn't been arrested for numerous other offenses.

Too bad the POS who was driving didn't stop. This turd was a juvy and would have been slapped on the wrist again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Simply Patsy 19,917
any girls into tribbing/scissoring? (May '10) 9 hr Tatianna8080 83
2014 Lexus for sale $1200 Thu black panther 2
Stopping Violence =More on Welfare Thu black panther 1
Someone Take a welfare check from a black May 20 BuffaloRider 1
Anybody remember HELEN'S pizza ???? (Feb '09) May 19 Hungry 4 Pizza 174
Sinners ( Lake Of Fire ) Repent May 19 Lou Siffer 2
More from around the web

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]