First Prev
of 7
Next Last
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#136 Feb 14, 2012
sexcccy013lv wrote:
No back in the early eighties wham. Sang young guns which had some rap in it look it up and listen. Its pretty cool the album was fantastic.
You are a complete moron. Enough said.
homeydclown

Ballwin, MO

#137 Feb 14, 2012
sexcccy013lv wrote:
No back in the early eighties wham. Sang young guns which had some rap in it look it up and listen. Its pretty cool the album was fantastic.
1st rap song was by the silverbacks in E.St.Louis they opened for the Temptations @ Kiel Opera House also on the tour was the junglbunnies.bwwwwwwwwwwwwwa
sanwaah

United States

#139 Mar 8, 2012
ManufacturedMan wrote:
I find it interesting that the first rap song ever was written and performed by white musicians from NYC, a group called Blondie and released in January of 1981.
Rap started as a means of communication by the Black Panthers and other black revolutionary groups, then in the early 70's an artist by the name of Gil Scott Heron and Brian Jackson put it to music in a song called The Revolution will not be Televised all of this other nonsense about how rap started is just that,why would anyone want to own rap is beyond me Mr. Heron and Mr. Jackson sure did not want the title it has become a pool of disrespect,filth,and black people selling the souls of their own to the devil also known as hollywood!
sanwaah

United States

#140 Mar 8, 2012
Here's a little story id like to tell about a thing called RAP got started oh well here we go, the Black Panthers and other revolutionary groups Natives,Chicanos in north America used it as a means of communication, set to bongos. In the early 70's Mr.Gil Scott Heron and Mr. Brian Jackson put it to music in a song called THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED! Why anyone would want to own it's creation is beyond me? Mr. Jackson and Mr.Heron wanted no parts of it. New Rap has become nothing but a crack hoe for hollywood pimping al of it's black artist then killing them when can no longer be useful on the stroll black people selling their own!
MaseoOne

Wolverhampton, UK

#141 May 26, 2012
ManufacturedMan wrote:
I find it interesting that the first rap song ever was written and performed by white musicians from NYC, a group called Blondie and released in January of 1981.
I don't know what planet u are on or even what u been smoking but it's obvious u don't have a clue about Hip Hop or RAP music. Blondie did NOT releAse the first rap single Sugar HIll gang released single in late 1970s and if I follow
Lyrics of the LAME Blondie track she even show respect for grandmaster flash Fab FIve freddy both N.Y DJ in the NYC
ButtNakedTruth

United States

#142 May 31, 2012
ManufacturedMan wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not true rap started in the mid 60's and was used as a way of communication amongst black people, the The Black panthers used it confuse the police. In the early 7o's Gil Scott Heron recorded the official rap song THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEIVISED was the name>
Haven

United States

#144 Jun 26, 2012
Let me just set some things straight. Rap existed well before Blondie. However,Debbie Harry met Fab Five Freddy (a black rapper) and was introduced to the rap world. She was inspired and wrote her own rap "Rapure," not "heart of Glass," which was actually written after Rapture. Black people were rapping in the early 70s harlem nyc.

Blondie is credited with bringing rap to the mainstream and this is true, but Blondie wasn't the first person to rap you dingo!
History Buff

Valletta, Malta

#145 Oct 31, 2012
ManufacturedMan wrote:
Are you guys really this naive? This is a common mistake. Try going back a whole decade. The Last Poets released their debut album in the 70's. It was a combination of funk and aggressive, socially-conscious SPOKEN WORD that became the foundation of modern day hip-hop.

But in case you've never heard of them, I'm sure everyone is familiar with a singer by the name of James Brown. He released 'The Big Payback,' which is an early funk song that emphasizes the groove rather than melody over his aggressively SPOKEN vocals. Jamaicans began making the genre popular in the 70's too. Hmm, I wonder who was more inspirational to the famous hip hop singers that followed? James Brown or the Blondies?

Neither song was officially introduced as a "rap song," but they are defined that way now because of their style. Come on people, don't believe everything you read on the Internet! That's why when you read about the Blondies they are accurately described as "one of the first," not inaccurately described as "the first." Good sense should tell you that James Brown, the father of soul, came a decade earlier and was also "one of the first" to actually make a "rap song" popular in the 70's.
Kooringa

Australia

#146 Nov 24, 2012
When I was younger that sort of music was called MONOLOGUE! In the 60's many Australians put well known poetry to music which bugger me sounds just like RAP! Punk is just rock music played badly and way too fast. Funny how "black" music uses "white" classical instruments.Even their drum sets mimic classical drum sets. As Davis and Armstrong said "When you listen to the radio or a recording how do you really know if the musicians are black or white if you can't see them?".The real question is does race really exist outside your imagination? There is no white OR black music just music.It is just a scam to box you into a particular commercial box.In the 40's and 50's it was the beat poets putting out the spoken word to music.Even the waltz (strauss) is all about sex. Nothing has changed in over 250 years.
Kooringa

Australia

#147 Nov 24, 2012
Blondie was the FIRST #1 "RAP/HIP HOP in the world.When Mr Monk went to Africa he said "I didn't hear any jazz music it any villages even the drum rythyms were completely different"."There is neither race nor creed"
PS "Is rap spelt with a little c or a big C?"
Bill Cosby.
APerson

Stockholm, Sweden

#148 May 13, 2013
The Clash's single "The Magnificent Seven" predated Blondie's "Rapture".
Ton

Kingston, Canada

#149 Jun 1, 2013
ManufacturedMan wrote:
do your research pal....that is NOT the first rap song ever. Lmao! You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Look up King Tim III. And before Blondie there was plenty.
bigtony83

Washington, DC

#150 Sep 27, 2013
the first rap song was recorded in the early seventies, and the first rap song was released in 1979 by the sugar hill gang
bigtony83

Washington, DC

#151 Sep 27, 2013
Black people started music, so how can a white person start rap? white record executives make the most money off of rap, but you didn't invent it
Mike

Sellersville, PA

#152 Jan 9, 2014
heynow wrote:
the first song recoreded and released to feature a brief rap was called "last night a dj saved my life" by indeep and it's more of a disco song than anything else. The first successfull full on rap song was "rappers delight" by sugarhill gang, a group that was completely fabricated by a record label in order to exploit a cultural art movement in the the bronx and harlem that was thought to possible be a profitable fad on the verge of exploding and could be a big money maker if they could get the artist to conform to a mor traditional standard radio friendly format (ironically rappers delight uncut is over 14 minutes lon). Another early successes in the hip hop movement was a song by the clash called "the magnificent seven" and a song called "buffalo Gals" by malcom mclerin (former sex pistols manager) See hip hop and punk rock are rooted together, but it was easier to sell the record of white people to a largeer audience, and so in the begining the whites records were more successful. especially blondie because she was already famouse when she decided to rap, she wsa very involed in the hip hop scene and with the artist themselves, and she was the subject of many many many early grafitti muerels. despite the success of the white artist that opened the minds of record labels and art promote and opened the doors to infultrate white america the true pioneers of hip hop are black artist grand master flash, kool herc, afrikaa bambataa, kurtis blow, and many others.
That song you mentioned by Indeep was released in 1982 so it was a full three years before "rappers delight." The song "time rag" by Joan Baez is from 1977 though and while not a full on rap song most of it features rapping(only the chorus is sung).
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#153 Jan 10, 2014
ManufacturedMan wrote:
She was copying what she has heard on the streets. It was performed long before 81. It started in 70s in New York.

What you are saying is the equivalent of claiming Elvis invented Rock and Roll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr redeemer 3,875
Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 3 hr Abdurratln 598
Police: More than 50 arrested in Ferguson protests 8 hr cancer suxs 38
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 15 hr no fatties 4 me 374
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Cry Baby 19,374
Blacks have made their own bed Mon Chrobry 10
Ballpark Village drawing business and big dolla... Sat Oh Well 1
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match

St. Louis Jobs

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]