1. I did not say the Bible is irrelevant. Regarding my favorite Bible verse, I said, "Among other verses, this shows the vulgarity and IRRELEVANCE of the Bible."<quoted text>
That still does not answer my question on why is the Bible irrelevant. Can't you answer?
The Bible with all of its content is a history of humankind and how we appear/relate to God. You're absolutely right in that it has deplorable stories of rape, incest, murder, lies, wars, etc... Humans are just that bad and worse. The purpose of the Bible is to make us see who we truly are as seen through the eyes of God himself. Not a pretty picture is it? I see we finally agree that we are disgusting, in the eyes of God.
Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth and sell it not
The price of truth is letting go of preconceived notions.
Do you think that pissing and dung are RELEVANT? I suppose, if you love vulgarity, you might think so.
2. Interesting. You say that the purpose of the Bible is to make us see who we truly are as seen through the eyes of God himself. I do not have to use "God's eyes" to see the human condition. And I will point out that your so-called "eyes of God" were WRITTEN by humans. And we already have admitted that humans are fallible. Thus, the Bible is fallible.
3. I do not agree with you that humankind is disgusting. Actually, humankind is, by and large, pretty good. But if you wish to dwell on the bad parts, be my guest. You need something to wring your hands about, anyhow.
4. The "price of truth"? How much might that be?
5. If you think that "letting go of preconceived notions" is the "price of truth," then you should consider dropping all your preconceived religious ideas.