1. I thought I was a "southern" Baptist at one time. Fortunately, I saw the LIGHT and am now a "born-again atheist," just like I was when I first entered this world.<quoted text>
Yellow Dawg Democrat,
How can you say you are a long standing southern baptist & then turn around in another post & say you doubt seriously if Christ ever existed???
Now, I don't in anyway agree with the Baptists & their mis-interpretation of the bible - BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT ALL BAPTISTS AT LEAST BELIEVED IN CHRIST! Maybe, I've given Baptists more credit than they are due.
When you say you believe you know the plan of salvation (in light of your other remarks) I had to laugh. No, Dawg - you do NOT KNOW THE PLAN OF SALVATION - if you don't believe that you must be baptized in water (immerced in water) for the remision of your sins). You also do not know the plan of salvation if you believe you are saved before baptism...
I can't help wonder - if you're not thinking with a clear head. It also makes me wonder what's got your thinking processes so foggy & mixed up... Could it be something you drank or smoked...?
2. I suggest you take a course in reading comprehension. In my previous post, I clearly stated, "Having been a ("southern") Baptist for many years,... " If you want to argue the logic of that statement, be my guest.(I was baptized, so I had to be one, right? That appears to be your "salvation requirement du jour.")
3. Sure, all "Baptists" believe in Christ, or at least think that they do. So what?
4. I was taught the so-called "Plan of Salvation" and it did not include a requirement for baptism. I gotta agree with "Norton" on that one.(I am sure he will be thrilled to have an atheist agree with him.)
5. OH, MY! You are now so bereft of any logical thought that you have stooped to an "ad hominem" attack! ROFL! Such an attack is a tacit admission that you have run out of anything serious to say.(I mean your silly typing about "not thinking with a clear head" and "could it be something [I] drank or smoked?" ROFL! You have just blown all credibility.)