Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri in 2010?

Posted in the St. Louis Forum

Comments (Page 3,920)

Showing posts 78,381 - 78,400 of92,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

Since: Sep 09

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Gassy Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Yeller Dog, If it were me I wouldnt worry alot about that alley. In fact I think I would just go around that alley.
JUst dont walk under those ladders as it is bad luck or so they say
hehehehe
So you don't know your math from a hole in the ground, huh? hehehehe

“Rest in Peace, GOP”

Since: Sep 09

1854 - 2014

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton,
Here is a scripture where Jesus Christ himself is COMMANDING us to be BAPTIZED in order to be saved:
(Mark 16:16) "He that believeth & is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned"....
Interesting logic. But false. Nice try, "1961."
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

The evidence I have seen does support the Exodus as an actual event. However, the place where the Hebrews crossed the water was not the Red Sea, but the Sea of Reeds. I need to do some more research.

And, the walls of Jericoh are still partially standing. The inner walls reveal that the city was burned, which could have been by the army of Joshua. I have also watched documentaries that explained that the 10 plagues could have very well been natural events.

But could you post some links so I can go take a look. I really enjoy archeological matters. I should have been an archeologist. Discovering ancient artifacts would be an excellent experience.
Sybilline Oracles wrote:
<quoted text>
Archeology in the Holy Land, does not support the Exodus as an actual event. The cities Joshua is said to have destroyed in judges...were already empty and gone at that date.
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

I was referring to the blood sacrifices performed by the Israelites in Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem on Mt. Moriah. Those blood sacrifices stopped after the destruction of the 2nd Temple in 70 A.D. After the Arc of the Covenant was removed, there was no way the Israelites could offer sacrifices in a destroyed temple. Also, the menorah and other artifacts went missing.
Sybilline Oracles wrote:
<quoted text>
The end of blood scarifice was a prophecy of the Sybil...and very important in Rome.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Norton,
Here is a scripture where Jesus Christ himself is COMMANDING us to be BAPTIZED in order to be saved:
(Mark 16:16) "He that believeth & is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned".
There are also several other scriptures in the bible that also commands us to be BAPTIZED for the REMISSION OF SINS in order TO BE SAVED...
Surely you're not going to contridict the words that are coming from the mouth of Jesus Christ himself!!!
In regard to baptism, your remarks on the subject remind me of the serpant in the Garden of Eden.
God told Adam & Eve "DO NOT EAT the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good & evil or YOU WILL SURELY DIE".
But, then the serpant comes along & tells the woman "YOU WILL NOT SURELY DIE if you eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good & evil.
Likewise, the bible tells us that "BAPTISM DOES NOW ALSO SAVE US".
But, man comes along & tells us that "BAPTISM DOES NOT SAVE US".
Which one should we believe GOD or MAN???
Which should we believe, what the BIBLE/JESUS is saying or what YOU/NORTON are saying...?
Baptism in water will not save you.......period! For by one spirit we are baptized into one body.
So you can have your name on as many church rolls as you wish but unless you are in the BODY OF CHRIST you are doomed. The scripture makes it so plain.
Romans 6:3 KNOW YE NOT, THAT SO MANY OF US AS WERE BAPTIZED INTO (not a denomination or church but rather into) JESUS CHRIST WERE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH.

Ephesians 4:4-5
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism.
There is not a drop of water in this verse. It is the work of the Holy Spirit. We have all been made to drink into one Spirit!

I believe in being baptized with water BUT water has nothing to do with salvation! Water is a symbolic way of saying you believe in Jesus Christ and that he died for your sins. Why was Jesus baptized? He didn't have to be!!!!!

No, don't take my word for it! Study the Bible and you will certainly find the answers that you are confused about.

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, "Norton"! I am not going to let you off the hook that easily. Your obfuscation will not work this time.
You said, "I can't think of anything more free than salvation because Jesus paid the price."
I said, "The air you breathe." To receive salvation, you must accept it. To breathe air, you do not have to "accept" it.(Now wallow around with that a while! Of course, we KNOW you WILL! You have been trained to "Sit up and bark!) ROFL!_8-)
So what is your point? We breathe air to live! We receive salvation to live eternally.......or not receive salvation and live in Hell eternally.

Arf! Arf!

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
My head is fine, although yours seems to be buried in the sand. Perhaps you might want to look up the historical facts before you start questioning where someone else's brain is.
Just because you believe or disbelieve something does not change the facts or reality. It is obvious that you know nothing about the beginnings of your own religion. So keep listening to the preacher and keep your level of conciousness below ground level.
The fact that we are Created in the Image of God means that we are CoCreaters with God because we also have the power to create through proactive or negative speech. You are what comes out of your mouth.
Have you not read any of the Holy Scriptures (not NT)? God said, "I Am the Lord Your God. Besides Me There is No Other."
That knocks your Jesus out of the big picture. When you worship anything or anyone other than "Big Daddy God", The Supreme Creator of the Universe, you are practicing idolatry. Go read and learn. God gave you a brain. Now use it. When you remove the bliners from you eyes, perhaps you will be able to start seeing God's True reality.
If you would research this for yourself, you might learn something. But as most christians, you have been so indoctrinated with falsehood that you dare not think for yourself.
You are nuts! I just don't know any other way to put it!

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

<quoted text>
1. I do not have to "take" them anyplace. The water can be brought to their hospital bed.
2. Your imaginary "patient" is already in a hospital. Why should they die?
3. Huh? What if they weighed 500 pounds? Ever hear of a hoist? They use them in hospitals all the time!
4. You cannot bring a wrecker into a hospital room. Nor do you have to! It was not necessary to bring a wrecker into their hospital room to get them there in the first place! Really, "Norton," you are off on a flight of fancy.
5. Why NOT "dunk" all the equipment? Keywords: water-proof wrappings.(Don't forget "towels" to dry the patient and equipment off, afterwards.
6. If the patient has severe burns and could not have any water on his body, WHO CARES? Is not the reward of eternal life worth more than a little discomfort? You really do not have your priorities straight, "Norton"!
The more you talk the nuttier you get!

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Contraire wrote:
The christians stole the Gehinah concept from Catholicism. Again, Christianity has twisted the real meaning. Christianity is a religion of hate and fear. You hate people who disagree with your dogma and you live in fear of "going to hell." And if the rest of us don't believe like you do, you tell us we are going to go to hell and suffer eternal damnation. What a bunch of mumbo jumbo. The concept of a christian hell does not exist. All that is in your NT. I do not accept your NT because it cannot be verified.
Gehennah is a place where souls go for refinement before they can enter heaven (the world to come). The Catholics stole this concept from Judaism. They call it pergatory. Only nobody can be prayed out of Gehinah.
There is an angel of God called the Saton. Again Christians turned him into the boogy man and call him satan. No such thing. The Saton is like the prosecuting attorney who reports to God when we do wrong. A record is kept if you continue your sin and do not repent. He is doing exactly what God created him to do, as do all angels. You see, angels have no free will. They are all messengers of God who do God's bidding.
Evil does exist because God created it for HIS purpose. And God said, "It is Good." Without evil, we would be like the angels without free will or choice.
But christianity cannot control the masses with the truth. Christianity uses the fear factor to keep its flocks cowaring and afraid to enjoy life, as God intended us to do. You do not have to sin to enjoy God's world of nature and all its beauty. God hides HIS face from us behind the veil of nature. You have eyes, but you cannot see.
It appears to me that you are not sure of what you believe, because just like many other christians, when somebody says something that threatens your belief system, you attack and start calling names. If that is your representation of God, no thanks! I will continue on the spiritual path God has shown me.
CHEERS!
<quoted text>
I don't believe God is showing you your so-called spiritual path. I believe you are a sucker for Satan. Good luck!

CHEERS!

Since: Feb 07

Rock Port, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism in water will not save you.......period! For by one spirit we are baptized into one body.
So you can have your name on as many church rolls as you wish but unless you are in the BODY OF CHRIST you are doomed. The scripture makes it so plain.
Romans 6:3 KNOW YE NOT, THAT SO MANY OF US AS WERE BAPTIZED INTO (not a denomination or church but rather into) JESUS CHRIST WERE BAPTIZED INTO HIS DEATH.
Ephesians 4:4-5
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism.
There is not a drop of water in this verse. It is the work of the Holy Spirit. We have all been made to drink into one Spirit!
I believe in being baptized with water BUT water has nothing to do with salvation! Water is a symbolic way of saying you believe in Jesus Christ and that he died for your sins. Why was Jesus baptized? He didn't have to be!!!!!
No, don't take my word for it! Study the Bible and you will certainly find the answers that you are confused about.
CHEERS!
Yeah... the bible....

Because it's so peaceful... and talks about things that actually happened... pfffttt...

Isaiah 34:7 "And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."

Fucking unicorns! Bad ass unicorns, battle unicorns.
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Alumini, Jesus had no authority. The New Testament is a fairytail. If it had been necessary to be baptised in order to get to Heaven, I think (IT)God would have relayed that message to Noach rather than waiting centuries later and give the command to a man called Jeshu.

We are all descendants of Noach. So by believing in the NT, you are telling the Creator of all that is seen and unseen that HE is a liar. God would not say, "I AM what I AM. I CHANGE NOT" and then turn around and create a new religion opposite of every Law that HE put into place from the beginning of time.

What you call the Old Testament is just as binding today as it was in the beginning. God Created the cosmos with the Hebrew letter bet (Bereshit=In the beginning.)

Early christians believed in reincarnation. Early christians did not accept Jeshu as the messiah or as the son of God. Jeshu never said anywhere in the NT that he was the "son of God." Those words were the beliefs of a few of his disciples. He did say, "I and the Father are One."

Every human on planet earth is One with the Father. We are a part of the collective consciousness of which the source is the "singularity" of IT (God). GOD IS ONE and we are all a part of the whole.

Belief in Yeshu as the "son of God" was deified by Constantine in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea.

Israel is the "son of God" like a light shining from the hill. All throughout the Torah, the Writings, and the Prophets, God referred to Israel the "son of God."
<quoted text>
Interesting logic. But false. Nice try, "1961."
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

<quoted text>
Norton,
(Mark 16:16) "He that believeth & is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned".
There are also several other scriptures in the bible that also commands us to be BAPTIZED for the REMISSION OF SINS in order TO BE SAVED...
Surely you're not going to contridict the words that are coming from the mouth of Jesus Christ himself!!!
In regard to baptism, your remarks on the subject remind me of the serpant in the Garden of Eden.
God told Adam & Eve "DO NOT EAT the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good & evil or YOU WILL SURELY DIE".
But, then the serpant comes along & tells the woman "YOU WILL NOT SURELY DIE if you eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good & evil.
Likewise, the bible tells us that "BAPTISM DOES NOW ALSO SAVE US".
But, man comes along & tells us that "BAPTISM DOES NOT SAVE US".
Which one should we believe GOD or MAN???
Which should we believe, what the BIBLE/JESUS is saying or what YOU/NORTON are saying...?
It doesn't say anything about being baptized with water!!!!!
You know not what you are talking about.

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Contraire wrote:
Alumini, Jesus had no authority. The New Testament is a fairytail. If it had been necessary to be baptised in order to get to Heaven, I think (IT)God would have relayed that message to Noach rather than waiting centuries later and give the command to a man called Jeshu.
We are all descendants of Noach. So by believing in the NT, you are telling the Creator of all that is seen and unseen that HE is a liar. God would not say, "I AM what I AM. I CHANGE NOT" and then turn around and create a new religion opposite of every Law that HE put into place from the beginning of time.
What you call the Old Testament is just as binding today as it was in the beginning. God Created the cosmos with the Hebrew letter bet (Bereshit=In the beginning.)
Early christians believed in reincarnation. Early christians did not accept Jeshu as the messiah or as the son of God. Jeshu never said anywhere in the NT that he was the "son of God." Those words were the beliefs of a few of his disciples. He did say, "I and the Father are One."
Every human on planet earth is One with the Father. We are a part of the collective consciousness of which the source is the "singularity" of IT (God). GOD IS ONE and we are all a part of the whole.
Belief in Yeshu as the "son of God" was deified by Constantine in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea.
Israel is the "son of God" like a light shining from the hill. All throughout the Torah, the Writings, and the Prophets, God referred to Israel the "son of God."
<quoted text>
God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are one in the same. It is very clear most of these posts are people who know nothing about the Bible or clearly have been misled! Sorry but it is the truth.

CHEERS!
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

If you really want to blow your mind, go google "The Inner Earth." The openings to the inner earth are at the north and south poles. Governments all over the world have those areas blocked of and guarded so nobody can have access.

Captain Byrd and another officer flew over one of the poles in 1926. His diary says that the plane was taken inside the earth via a retractor beam. He also said he saw unicorns and dinasaurs in a vast valley opening leading into the inner earth. It is reported that highly advanced civilizations live inside the earth. Have you ever heard of the Lemurians. It is also believed that reptilian races also live inside the earth and the greys. What we might think of as extraterrestrials might in fact be intraterrestrials. Go check it out. It is a fantastic subject. I am sure there are many secrets that the earth has yet to reveal.

It may be that intraterrestrials are keeping an eye on those of us on the surface to keep us from destroying the entire earth. Science research also reveals that the earth is not solid, and actually rings like a bell when stuck by asteroids. I believe it could be true. I have an open mind and am curious about everything.
Denton Melvin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... the bible....
Because it's so peaceful... and talks about things that actually happened... pfffttt...
Isaiah 34:7 "And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."
Fucking unicorns! Bad ass unicorns, battle unicorns.

Rock Port, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
God the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are one in the same. It is very clear most of these posts are people who know nothing about the Bible or clearly have been misled! Sorry but it is the truth.
CHEERS!
So. God came down, impregnated a virgin with himself, and then sacrificed himself? Isn't god supposed to be omnipotent? Couldn't he have wiped out sin with just his omnipotence?

Tell me this, if God is all powerful, why allow bad things to happen? 3 Explanations.

1. God is not all powerful, and such falls short of title "god."
2. God is all powerful, can keep bad things from happening, but doesn't because he's cold and heartless.
3. God is all powerful, and makes bad things happen, because he's evil.

Rock Port, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Contraire wrote:
If you really want to blow your mind, go google "The Inner Earth." The openings to the inner earth are at the north and south poles. Governments all over the world have those areas blocked of and guarded so nobody can have access.
Captain Byrd and another officer flew over one of the poles in 1926. His diary says that the plane was taken inside the earth via a retractor beam. He also said he saw unicorns and dinasaurs in a vast valley opening leading into the inner earth. It is reported that highly advanced civilizations live inside the earth. Have you ever heard of the Lemurians. It is also believed that reptilian races also live inside the earth and the greys. What we might think of as extraterrestrials might in fact be intraterrestrials. Go check it out. It is a fantastic subject. I am sure there are many secrets that the earth has yet to reveal.
It may be that intraterrestrials are keeping an eye on those of us on the surface to keep us from destroying the entire earth. Science research also reveals that the earth is not solid, and actually rings like a bell when stuck by asteroids. I believe it could be true. I have an open mind and am curious about everything.
<quoted text>

Weren't the Lemurians wiped out by the Martians who had particpated in the Lucifer project and therefore severed all ties to love?
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Norton, you prove my point. If you were 100% sure your religion is the only way to Heaven, then you would not resort to calling others who threaten your system of belief names. You can call me whatever you want. Because nothing you can say threatens my beliefs. I am not offended at all. I just know all the bs christians like to argue about because I grew up as a christian and stayed a christian until I was 50 years old.

Realize this: Nobody can say, "I am saved." Nobody will know whether or not they are "saved" until one dies and crosses over to the spiritual realm.

Those things on our backs are not wings; They are shoulder blades. Calling people negative names is not very Christlike, Norton. You cannot hope to win anyone of us over by attacking us. But I would not go back to being a judgmental, backbiting christian for all the money and power in the world. I no longer fear death. I am connected to the Source of all life. Whenever IT sends the angel of death to fetch me, I will be looking forward to shedding this old flesh and moving on to a higher reality where all things are known. Our days are numbered when the soul enters the flesh. When our number is up, we are out of here whether it be willing or fighting.

It really matters not what you believe. God is interested in what we do. Do you act like a body with a soul, or do you act like a soul with a body. We are all spiritual beings, whether we realize it or not. Everything God Created has a spark of HIM inside it. Even the rocks that you believe are inanimate objects have a spark of God and are aware of themselves. We cannot escape God, because we are all inside of HIM as HIS Creation. So be good to nature and do good works. Because in doing so, we are connecting with HIM.
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe God is showing you your so-called spiritual path. I believe you are a sucker for Satan. Good luck!
CHEERS!
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

There was no "Luciferian project." In the prediluvian period before the flood, there was a group of Watcher Angels who asked God if they could come to earth and dwell among man. They were so convinced that they would not be influenced by mankinds' weaknesses. The other angels told God that these Watchers would not succeed. But God already knew that and allowed them to descend to earth incarnate.

This group of Watchers, often referred to as the "sons of man" thought human women were beautiful and began taking them as wives. These women gave birth to giants who pillaged the earth and after every animal and plant were eaten up, they began eating humans. This is the reason God destroyed the earth by flood.

These are the angels that God has chained up in the bowels of the earth for millennia. It is not hell or anything of the likes. During judgment, God will cast these bad angels into a lake of fire that HE has created just for these evil ones. It will be as if they never existed.

I think these are the teachings that christians have been confused about. This lake of fire is not for humans. It is for evil entities like demons and the renegade Watcher angels. These angels had God's permission to descent. There was no war between good and evil.

Look up the Book of Enoch online. Enoch explains it all. He even gives the names of these Watcher angels.
Denton Melvin wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't the Lemurians wiped out by the Martians who had particpated in the Lucifer project and therefore severed all ties to love?
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

The Lemurians supposedly live underneath a mountain range in Californa. They are a race of blonde, white-skinned, blue-eyed people. Orsen Wells' movie, "The Time Machine" was based upon this theory. Some people also beleive that Hitler escaped inside the earth. Hitler was using technology that almost conquered the world. And it is theorized that Hitler was using some sort of alien technology.

These races that live in inner earth are said to be much more higly advanced than the human race.
Denton Melvin wrote:
<quoted text>
Contraire

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

God has a Divine Plan. HIS ways are not our ways. God allows things to be as they are because HE is directing all these events for purposes that we cannot phathom. But be assured, that in the end, God will destroy all evil. God can see the Big Picture. We cannot.

Many times we blame God for things that we humans are responsible for. Human behavior controls the intensity of natural disasters. For example, the more evil mankind behaves, the more intense the storms are getting. Can you see the correlation? And we ain't seen nothing yet. It always gets the darkest just before dawn. God is allowing all of this for HIS Divine purposes. God's Divine Providence rules the cosmos, even though we often think we are in control. However, we can change our own destiny by improving our behavior from negative to positive.
Denton Melvin wrote:
<quoted text>
So. God came down, impregnated a virgin with himself, and then sacrificed himself? Isn't god supposed to be omnipotent? Couldn't he have wiped out sin with just his omnipotence?
Tell me this, if God is all powerful, why allow bad things to happen? 3 Explanations.
1. God is not all powerful, and such falls short of title "god."
2. God is all powerful, can keep bad things from happening, but doesn't because he's cold and heartless.
3. God is all powerful, and makes bad things happen, because he's evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,381 - 78,400 of92,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the St. Louis Forum right now

Search the St. Louis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Kallark27 17,774
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 18 hr concerned citizen 12 18,910
St. Louis Craigslist Casual Encounters (Mar '11) 19 hr big d 119
St.Louis Remembers The Lost Shipment Of Cocaine ! 23 hr Reply2_CIA 4
Missing you Sat Just me 1
tryin to smoke tonight Sat Sneaky Pete 6
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Fri guest 6,872
•••
•••
•••
St. Louis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••