Plead 5th

Piedmont, MO

#83704 Jun 19, 2013
Not a damn one of them.......they are all crooks, liars and thieves!!!!
The Sons of Mitras

Saint Louis, MO

#83705 Jun 19, 2013
Contraire wrote:
And I might add the fact that the Roman Catholic Church demonized Mary Magdellan in the Roman New Testament, cannonized by Marcion, because the Roman Church desired to negate the authority of women in its new, man-made religion. Mary is called a harlot in the New Testament.
Mary appears in the famous painting, The Last Supper, sitting on the righthand of Jesus. And the Book of Thomas says that Jesus kissed Mary on her mouth often. They were married. No doubt about it.
These facts inspired the book "The Davinchian Code."
So now do you understand that there is much more to historical facts about christianity than you will never be taught in Sunday School. The Roman Catholic Church claims to be the Mother Church of all Protestant Churches that believe in the "trinity". Have you ever wondered why the word, trinity, never appears in the Bible. It is because there is no trinity outside the occult teaching of Mithraism.
In Rome after the Romans killed Jesus, the idolators (worshiper of Mithra) and the followers of the "Christ" were constantly fighting and killing each other. Therefore, the Romans came up with a solution. The Romans created a compromise that would be pleasing to the mixed masses of people. They invented christianity. Voila. Everybody was happy!
But the Roman Church will never admitt that it has duped christians for 2500 years into worshiping a man called Jesus, who was no more a god than you are I. However, Islam reveres him as a prophet.
I am not a Jew, Christian, or Muslim. I am just a spiritual person who has done my homework and realizes that God gave me a brain and expects me to think for myself, rather than follow false teachings of men. If you really want to find God, seek HIM and you will find HIM in HIS reality, not man's. These truths are why I left organied religion after 40 years of being a christian. You will not find God inside stain glass windows. God is the Universal Consciousness of the Cosmos. No man can fathom IT.
Excellent Post...
Interesting

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#83706 Jun 19, 2013
Contraire wrote:
And I might add the fact that the Roman Catholic Church demonized Mary Magdellan in the Roman New Testament, cannonized by Marcion, because the Roman Church desired to negate the authority of women in its new, man-made religion. Mary is called a harlot in the New Testament.
Mary appears in the famous painting, The Last Supper, sitting on the righthand of Jesus. And the Book of Thomas says that Jesus kissed Mary on her mouth often. They were married. No doubt about it.
So now do you understand that there is much more to historical facts about christianity than you will never be taught in Sunday School. The Roman Catholic Church claims to be the Mother Church of all Protestant Churches that believe in the "trinity". Have you ever wondered why the word, trinity, never appears in the Bible. It is because there is no trinity outside the occult teaching of Mithraism.
In Rome after the Romans killed Jesus, the idolators (worshiper of Mithra) and the followers of the "Christ" were constantly fighting and killing each other. Therefore, the Romans came up with a solution. The Romans created a compromise that would be pleasing to the mixed masses of people. They invented christianity. Voila. Everybody was happy!
But the Roman Church will never admitt that it has duped christians for 2500 years into worshiping a man called Jesus, who was no more a god than you are I. However, Islam reveres him as a prophet.
I am not a Jew, Christian, or Muslim. I am just a spiritual person who has done my homework and realizes that God gave me a brain and expects me to think for myself, rather than follow false teachings of men. If you really want to find God, seek HIM and you will find HIM in HIS reality, not man's. These truths are why I left organied religion after 40 years of being a christian. You will not find God inside stain glass windows. God is the Universal Consciousness of the Cosmos. No man can fathom IT.
I pop in from time to time to see what is happening on this thread. I believe the same way. I don't go to church much any more unless I am asked to share a talent. God is not only deemed to be in organized religion. God is in the visit to the nursing home and making a new friend who never gets visitors, buying v8 juice because he likes it, the early morning walk outside or late evening walk to appreciate nature, the expanding of my consciousness beyond the old and new testament. And truthfully, I have become a little ticked that someone else thinks that they can determine what should and should not have been put in the bible. My mother married into a catholic family. At one point, she asked the priest about a passage in the bible. He told her not to be concerned about it because she wouldn't understand it. He picked the wrong woman to say that to. She told him off and researched it herself. She was a very obstinate woman and I am turning out just like her. I don't appreciate the guilt of church members telling me I need to come more often. I don't need to. I'm perfectly content discovering the Universal Consciousness of the Cosmos on my own all day long rather than 45 minutes on Sunday morning. Reiki and meditation are awesome.
1961 Alumni Rolla MO

Rolla, MO

#83708 Jun 19, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, except just being baptized will not save a person. I don't believe a person will go to Hell because they are not baptized. The thief on the Cross was not baptized. I was baptized and I think most Christians are but I don't think it is mandatory in order to enter the gates of Heaven. What if you accept Jesus into your heart one day and die the next day before you get baptized? You think a person will go to Hell? I don't think so. Thanks, nice comments!
CHEERS!
Norton,
All I know is what the bible commands us to do. The bible also tells us to "lean not upon our own understanding". Now, would a person really want to take the CHANCE on their soul's salvation - because they personally don't believe a person has to be baptised to be saved?? The stakes are VERY HIGH here. And personally, I choose to obey what the bible tells us to do rather than "lean upon my own understanding".

Why do you think (in every instance) in the bible when a person was ready to accept the teachings of Christ, and wanted to be saved - the Apostles (or others) IMMEDIATELY BAPTIZED THEM???

Yes, when you are repentant of your sins & believe in your heart that Christ is the Son of God & that he died on the cross as an atonement for your sins - IT IS OF THE MOST URGENCY THAT YOU BE BAPTIZED IMMEDIATELY FOR THE REMISSION OF YOUR SINS!!!

The act of baptism is an renactment of the death, burial & ressurection of Christ. Christ died on the cross, he was buried & he rose again after the 3rd day.

Likewise, when we are baptized - the act of baptism is the washing away of our sins. When we have repented of our sins, and confes our faith that Christ is the Son of God, we are renouncing our old sins (putting them to death). And when we are baptised & (fully) immerced in the water, we are burying our old sins. And when we rise up out of the water - our old sins are dead & buried & we can rise up to walk in a newness of life.

Now, in reference to the thief on the cross - WE MUST REMEMBER THAT WITH CHRIST - ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! And, did it ever occur to you that Christ was not yet DEAD when he told the thief that "This day you will be with me in Paradice".

So, if Christ was not yet dead - the thief was not yet under the teachings of new covenant. However, it's quite possible the thief HAD BEEN BAPTIZED FOR THE REMISSION OF HIS SINS... No person who has ever lived knows for sure... But, it does appear the thief was familiar with Christ's teachings...

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#83709 Jun 19, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, except just being baptized will not save a person. I don't believe a person will go to Hell because they are not baptized. The thief on the Cross was not baptized. I was baptized and I think most Christians are but I don't think it is mandatory in order to enter the gates of Heaven. What if you accept Jesus into your heart one day and die the next day before you get baptized? You think a person will go to Hell? I don't think so. Thanks, nice comments!...
Here comes "cafeteria Norton"! Picking what he likes, discarding what he does not like! And making up his religion as he goes.

A few years ago, the drought in Texas was so bad that the Baptists started baptizing by sprinkling, the Methodists were using damp cloths, and the Catholics were giving rain checks.

#83710 Jun 19, 2013
1961 Alumni Rolla MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton,
Yes, we are no longer under the old covenant (the law of Moses). We are now under the New Covenant which was established on Mt Calvary when Jesus died for our sins.
We are now under the Grace of God. Yes, it is by the grace of God we that are now saved - but, this saving grace of God (although it is free) does not come without any effort from us.
1. HEAR, 2. BELIEVE, 3. REPENT, 4. CONFESS, 5. BAPTIZED, 6. Then we must live faithful to God the remainder of our lives - and follow God/Christ's teachings which are found in the Bible -and we must never renounce God & return to a life of sin...
Hey, "Alumni," I am glad you are educating "Norton," who has his own short checklist.

Why, "Norton" says the only thing one has to do is believe!

Clearly, salvation is not "free"!

#83711 Jun 19, 2013
Contraire wrote:
... Isaiah was prophesying to Ahaz that his young wife will bear a son and, through prophetic inspiration will give him the name Immanuel, which means God is with us.
Thus in effect prophesying that Judah will be saved from the threat of Rezin and Pekah before the boy becomes Bar Mitzvah (age of accountabilty-12 years old).
The child that was born was Hezekiah, not Jesus. Hezekiah became King of Judah after his father died.
So thanks to the mistranslation of a simple Hebrew word, almah, to "virgin", a new religion was born via the Romans. The virgin concept comes from an ancient cult called Mithraism, which was one of the main religions being practiced by the idolators of Rome.
Jesus was a Jew, who by Halacha (Jewish Law) was commanded by God to marry and have children. His Hebrew name was Yeshu HaNotri. His wife's name was Mariah of Magdella, today known as Mary Magdellan.
Well, there you have it, "Norton"! Christianity is merely a Roman religion, derived from the former adolaters of Mithraism.

And your Messiah married Mary Magdellan, just like it says in the book "The Da Vinci Code." Mary Magdalene was clearly present at the "Last Supper," as painted by Da Vinci. Mary Magdalene is seated to the right of Jesus.

http://tinyurl.com/jw8pl8f

#83712 Jun 19, 2013
Contraire wrote:
... I am not a Jew, Christian, or Muslim. I am just a spiritual person who has done my homework and realizes that God gave me a brain and expects me to think for myself, rather than follow false teachings of men. If you really want to find God, seek HIM and you will find HIM in HIS reality, not man's. These truths are why I left organied religion after 40 years of being a christian. You will not find God inside stain glass windows. God is the Universal Consciousness of the Cosmos. No man can fathom IT.
Oh, oh! Not having scrolled forward, I fear that "Norton" will disagree with these comments.(We will be right back, after the commercial.)
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#83713 Jun 19, 2013
Contraire wrote:
You are a false prophet putting out untruths! Garbage! What Book of Thomas? It isn't in my Bible!

So tell me, when you die what happens to your soul? You think you just turn back to dust? I plan on spending eternity in Heaven. What if you are right and I am wrong.......it won't make any difference, will it? BUT, what if I am right (and I know I am) and you are wrong? That will make a lot of difference, won't it? It's either Heaven or Hell..........your choice! You have sold your soul out to Satan! I pray you will think about it before it is too late.

CHEERS!

#83714 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text> ... Why do you think (in every instance) in the bible when a person was ready to accept the teachings of Christ, and wanted to be saved - the Apostles (or others) IMMEDIATELY BAPTIZED THEM???
Now, in reference to the thief on the cross - WE MUST REMEMBER THAT WITH CHRIST - ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! And, did it ever occur to you that Christ was not yet DEAD when he told the thief that "This day you will be with me in Paradice".
So, if Christ was not yet dead - the thief was not yet under the teachings of new covenant. However, it's quite possible the thief HAD BEEN BAPTIZED FOR THE REMISSION OF HIS SINS... No person who has ever lived knows for sure... But, it does appear the thief was familiar with Christ's teachings...
"in every instance" ... er ... er ... except for one.

We must remember: With apologists, all things are possible.
Truth Teller

Rock Port, MO

#83715 Jun 19, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfectly clear, "Norton"! You always fear the unknown rather than courageously seeking the truth!
"Courageously seeking the truth"??? You are talking about seeking the truth? Obama,you,and the liberals have no clue what the truth is anymore.This administration and truth have never met. IRS,Bhengazi,NSA,Immigration,F ast&Furious,ACORN,Manipula ted unemployment&Debt figures,Obamacare small print,etc. Give us a break Dawg!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#83716 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey, "Alumni," I am glad you are educating "Norton," who has his own short checklist.
Why, "Norton" says the only thing one has to do is believe!
Clearly, salvation is not "free"!
Salvation is "free"! All you have to do is accept the fact that Jesus died for your sins. Simple! In fact, it is so simple a lot of very smart people don't believe it. I can't think of anything more free than salvation because Jesus paid the price.
CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#83717 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, there you have it, "Norton"! Christianity is merely a Roman religion, derived from the former adolaters of Mithraism.
And your Messiah married Mary Magdellan, just like it says in the book "The Da Vinci Code." Mary Magdalene was clearly present at the "Last Supper," as painted by Da Vinci. Mary Magdalene is seated to the right of Jesus.
http://tinyurl.com/jw8pl8f
The Da Vinci Code is a bunch of bunk!

CHEERS!
zoroaster

Saint Louis, MO

#83718 Jun 19, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I pop in from time to time to see what is happening on this thread. I believe the same way. I don't go to church much any more unless I am asked to share a talent. God is not only deemed to be in organized religion. God is in the visit to the nursing home and making a new friend who never gets visitors, buying v8 juice because he likes it, the early morning walk outside or late evening walk to appreciate nature, the expanding of my consciousness beyond the old and new testament. And truthfully, I have become a little ticked that someone else thinks that they can determine what should and should not have been put in the bible. My mother married into a catholic family. At one point, she asked the priest about a passage in the bible. He told her not to be concerned about it because she wouldn't understand it. He picked the wrong woman to say that to. She told him off and researched it herself. She was a very obstinate woman and I am turning out just like her. I don't appreciate the guilt of church members telling me I need to come more often. I don't need to. I'm perfectly content discovering the Universal Consciousness of the Cosmos on my own all day long rather than 45 minutes on Sunday morning. Reiki and meditation are awesome.
Norton has no knowledge of history....he doesn't want to know the truth...

Other wise he would understand the enigma of the Magi showing up at the birth of Christ or has he ever heard of the SIBYLLINE ORACLES or their prophesies...

It's just Nortons version of WMDs!!!
Norton"has eyes but cannot see and ears but cannot hear"
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#83719 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Norton,
All I know is what the bible commands us to do. The bible also tells us to "lean not upon our own understanding". Now, would a person really want to take the CHANCE on their soul's salvation - because they personally don't believe a person has to be baptised to be saved?? The stakes are VERY HIGH here. And personally, I choose to obey what the bible tells us to do rather than "lean upon my own understanding".
Why do you think (in every instance) in the bible when a person was ready to accept the teachings of Christ, and wanted to be saved - the Apostles (or others) IMMEDIATELY BAPTIZED THEM???
Yes, when you are repentant of your sins & believe in your heart that Christ is the Son of God & that he died on the cross as an atonement for your sins - IT IS OF THE MOST URGENCY THAT YOU BE BAPTIZED IMMEDIATELY FOR THE REMISSION OF YOUR SINS!!!
The act of baptism is an renactment of the death, burial & ressurection of Christ. Christ died on the cross, he was buried & he rose again after the 3rd day.
Likewise, when we are baptized - the act of baptism is the washing away of our sins. When we have repented of our sins, and confes our faith that Christ is the Son of God, we are renouncing our old sins (putting them to death). And when we are baptised & (fully) immerced in the water, we are burying our old sins. And when we rise up out of the water - our old sins are dead & buried & we can rise up to walk in a newness of life.
There is no place in the Bible that says baptism will save you!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, most Christians are baptized and I think they should be. You think they have to be dunked under water. Have you ever thought about people that can never be dunked under water?
What do you think happens to them? You think they go to Hell because they were not dunked under water? Hogwash!
What really gets me are the churches that insist you be baptized in their church (building) in order to be a member of their church. To me, that is legalism! I think once a person is baptized no matter which way they do it is ok. It is a symbolic thing. As long as we believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins and rose again and that he is coming back again..........is all he asks!

A person on their deathded certainly cannot be dunked in the water. It's called common sense! People tend to too legalistic with manmade ideas.

CHEERS!
Zoroaster

Saint Louis, MO

#83720 Jun 19, 2013
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text>"Courageously seeking the truth"??? You are talking about seeking the truth? Obama,you,and the liberals have no clue what the truth is anymore.This administration and truth have never met. IRS,Bhengazi,NSA,Immigration,F ast&Furious,ACORN,Manipula ted unemployment&Debt figures,Obamacare small print,etc. Give us a break Dawg!
Here is some truth for you:

After all your crazy ranting BS...Much to your great surprise, Next year when ObamaCare is set up...IT WILL BE A GREAT SUCCESS!!!!

just like RomneyCare has been in MA!

Your GOP is going the way of the Whigs... Extinct!!!

LOL!!!!
Contraire

Florissant, MO

#83721 Jun 19, 2013
Sin is forgiven when you show true sorrow and regret of the sin you committed and turn awayv from it and never do it again. That is true repentence.

You are relying on the NT which is sorely flawed. Scholars cannot even say for sure who wrote the NT. If the NT is true, why did Justinian, a contemporary of Jesus, not mention his name one time in any of his writings? Your NT is nothing more than a fable.

The historical Jeshu lived 400 years before the NT Jesus came on the scene. The NT does not compute, and it is full of contradictions.

The only text that says you must be baptised is the NT. Does that not raise red flags in your brain? hmmmmm
<quoted text>
Norton,
Gassy Girl

United States

#83722 Jun 19, 2013
I'm starting to think this yellow dog democrat is really Brenda in disquise

hehehehee
Black Bean Brenda

United States

#83723 Jun 19, 2013
haha
My hair might be yellow but I aint no demcrat. Thats what kweers and weirdos vote for LOL
Gassy Girl

United States

#83724 Jun 19, 2013
Hey Brenda since there is alot of so called politicians in this thread do you think we can find Katy a man here?

hehehehehe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Brown's stepfather investigated 7 min Union Jak 36
Ferguson police shoots out pregnant women's eye 5 hr doob 13
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 7 hr Granda pa Joe 438
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 10 hr neveratfault 5,430
Warrants issued for Family Dollar robber that f... 19 hr Beauregard Cracker 2
Rudolph 19 hr scrooge 1
Boycott the Rams Sun southbronx 4
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web