Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the reason why free will was created?
God created us with a free will so that we may freely choose Him or freely not choose Him. God wants us to learn and be different rather than to all be the same. Without free will we would live under a dictator. God is loving and caring of us thus he lets us choose in all things rather than making us live by one choice.
We have free will so that we may freely choose for ourselves. He didn't give us full knowledge so we need to use our free will to learn , to choose from right and wrong and find the knowledge we need as we live life. Without free will we would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does what the others do instead of doing what we choose. If you believe in heaven and hell free will lets us choose our own fate.

Without free will this thread would not exist for we all would believe the same, do the same and have the same opinion.

That is my opinion that I choose to make. Now you can use your free will and disagree and that is the great thing about free will.
Guestzero

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
God created us with a free will so that we may freely choose Him or freely not choose Him. God wants us to learn and be different rather than to all be the same. Without free will we would live under a dictator. God is loving and caring of us thus he lets us choose in all things rather than making us live by one choice.
We have free will so that we may freely choose for ourselves. He didn't give us full knowledge so we need to use our free will to learn , to choose from right and wrong and find the knowledge we need as we live life. Without free will we would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does what the others do instead of doing what we choose. If you believe in heaven and hell free will lets us choose our own fate.
Without free will this thread would not exist for we all would believe the same, do the same and have the same opinion.
That is my opinion that I choose to make. Now you can use your free will and disagree and that is the great thing about free will.
Well, unless "God" gets angry and floods the planet, or destroys your city, or brings down multiple plauges on your country, so yea.... free will..... no dictator. Sounds to me God is a terrorist "do what you want but if it's not according to my rules then smiting and divine wrath for you" yea.... free will....

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

...my pitbull has free will...sometimes when I call her she heads for the foodbowl...

“Stop Whining, "Tea Partiers”

Since: Sep 09

You wanted SMALLER government!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

"GunHugger," you can be pleased that the Senate gun bill amendment to require criminal and mental background checks with probably fail today 52 to 40, with 8 undecided, according to vote polling. The amendment was proposed by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.)(Manchin is a lifetime NRA member, and has an "A" rating by the NRA.)

Manchin's staff stated, "Senator Manchin remains optimistic and hopeful that if Senators and the American people read the bill, they will support his commonsense approach to require criminal and mental background checks for advertised sales, including purchases at gun shows and online sales, without infringing on Americans’ Second Amendment rights,” Manchin spokesman Jonathan Kott said. "So far Senator Manchin has managed to garner support from an A-rated NRA member and three Republican Senators as well as 90 percent of his own party."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/joe-...

Manchin noted that the NRA alleges that the legislation "would criminalize the firearms by honest citizens." Manchin characterized the NRA allegation as a "lie," and stated that "if the NRA lose credibility, they've lost everything in Washington."
seriously

Houston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Guestzero wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unless "God" gets angry and floods the planet, or destroys your city, or brings down multiple plauges on your country, so yea.... free will..... no dictator. Sounds to me God is a terrorist "do what you want but if it's not according to my rules then smiting and divine wrath for you" yea.... free will....
So I would guess by your opinion that you are a criminal that doesn't follow laws. For laws to you would be dictatorship. So do you steal, murder, ect ect or do you follow laws to keep from being punished? Again it is your free will to do either.
Guestzero

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

I still say people who think the planet is less than 10,000 years old are nutjobs, or just blissfully ignorant.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
Most of one’s knowledge is "provisionally true"- true enough for practical purposes, but subject to revision if something new comes along. Most people don't realize that. They act as if they have absolute truth in their hands, when what they actually have is "useful truth"- things they know well enough to hold/have practical value.
The wisest man is the man that knows there is always something to learn, while the dumbest man is the man who thinks he knows everything.
This thread has several of the dumbest people posting to it.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You probably have a good idea once a decade or so.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
If the dictator didn't have free will, how would he or she get to be dictator? In a society without free will, who is telling people what to do?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to tell you what I think "God's Free Will" means:

Kiss my azz, or burn in Hell.

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are easily entertained. So are ducks.
Are you a professional duck entertainer or do you just do it as a hobby?

Do you start your act by throwing a ball at them and telling them to "duck?"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking when he comes back in his new, resurrected body .... he's gonna be a greased pig...
Why does this remind me of the movie "Deliverance"?

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
So I would guess by your opinion that you are a criminal that doesn't follow laws. For laws to you would be dictatorship. So do you steal, murder, ect ect or do you follow laws to keep from being punished? Again it is your free will to do either.
That seems like a rush to a rather extreme conclusion based on the facts in hand. You are a little over the top.
Frank

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put...I was just hoping that YDD would give me his answer so I knew where he stood on the subject.

Some attribute the ability to sin as a mistake by God on his part and claim God fallible. That is not the case at all. In order to know if one is truly loved, one must fulfill the truest definition of love. Love is not just a feeling that one can ascribe to but it is in fact an action. An action of sacrificing something of value for the good of another person. The only thing that God gave to us when he created us that was our very own is our free will. It is the this very thing that God requires of us to relinquish in order to judge our true commitment to him. Unfortunately, this also carries with it the capacity to not submit our free will to God and do as we please. When that happens, it is sin. In essence, true love and sin are related as states of the heart go, one just as opposite the other, but yet still separated by our choice in daily decisions.

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does this remind me of the movie "Deliverance"?
lmao!! mmmm, cause NORTON has a purty mouth?
seriously

Houston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to tell you what I think "God's Free Will" means:
Kiss my azz, or burn in Hell.
And that is your opinion Dawg allowed by free will. I see it more of live right and be rewarded or live wrong and be punished. Not much different than the laws we live by daily. Murder, steal, ect and be punished. Many people follow the laws of God and the laws of man from knowing the difference of right and wrong, some the fear of being punished, some just don't have believe in anything and think they are invincible. Dawg why do you follow any laws? More out of fear of the punishment or more out of knowing right from wrong or do you think you are invincible?
seriously

Houston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That seems like a rush to a rather extreme conclusion based on the facts in hand. You are a little over the top.
The whole conversation is over your head for in his statement he basically states if he has to follow the laws of God then God must be a dictator and if he doesn't follow the laws of God then God smites him thus making him a terrorist. So one can comprehend that he must feel the same way about the laws of man. If he follows them then he sees the laws a dictatorship but if he breaks them he must see the laws as an act of terror put upon him from the law, for if you do not follow mans laws you will feel the wrath of the justice system (what little we have) by prison terms and such.
Nortons Rapture Failure

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao!! mmmm, cause NORTON has a purty mouth?
Game Point!!!

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole conversation is over your head for in his statement he basically states if he has to follow the laws of God then God must be a dictator and if he doesn't follow the laws of God then God smites him thus making him a terrorist. So one can comprehend that he must feel the same way about the laws of man. If he follows them then he sees the laws a dictatorship but if he breaks them he must see the laws as an act of terror put upon him from the law, for if you do not follow mans laws you will feel the wrath of the justice system (what little we have) by prison terms and such.
My point is apparently too complex for you to understand and you have had to resort to your usual name calling, derision and ridicule. Rather you should simply have stated that you were reading too far into the original post and providing an outrageous response. But upon reading your response to me, outrageous posts must be the norm for you.

One would not comprehend, one would infer. Can you comprehend the that? Your inference was over the top and you did not comprehend the meaning of the original post.

Let me guess that you really don't get a chance to talk to intelligent people in Licking and you don't know how to handle it when you encounter them on Topix. I understand. Regretably it is partly due to the lack of value this country and notably red states place on basic education.
Guestzero

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Besides if "God" is omnipotent then free will is just an illusion, or he just likes to toy with us mortals like a child with a sim game. Hypothetically speaking of course (meaning I don't believe in deities and such)

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading the original post again, I find that I stand firmly behind my original assessment of your post. You did not comprehend that original post and you embellished your own bias onto the other poster then chastized he or she for those embellisments. It is obviously clear that you are one that considers yourself to have knowledge and wisdom above and beyond the other posters on here. That was never more clear than when you cast that net upon the sea earlier today and in this serious of posts now.

I wish I could help you, but I am going to guess that you will turn a blind eye to my help because you know better and are as perfect as you believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the St. Louis Forum right now

Search the St. Louis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 39 min Fitus T Bluster 18,579
Sitting in the pit area at Verizon Wireless Amp... 3 hr Katie 1
Worst part of St. Louis 19 hr Curious 1
Narc in st charles 20 hr Terry 4
Best drugs in st charles 23 hr st charles 8
Stricklands Sun black 1
you will answer to God St Louis Mo Sun homeless 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••