“The strength of science is”

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#80296 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
God created us with a free will so that we may freely choose Him or freely not choose Him. God wants us to learn and be different rather than to all be the same. Without free will we would live under a dictator. God is loving and caring of us thus he lets us choose in all things rather than making us live by one choice.
We have free will so that we may freely choose for ourselves. He didn't give us full knowledge so we need to use our free will to learn , to choose from right and wrong and find the knowledge we need as we live life. Without free will we would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does what the others do instead of doing what we choose. If you believe in heaven and hell free will lets us choose our own fate.
Without free will this thread would not exist for we all would believe the same, do the same and have the same opinion.
That is my opinion that I choose to make. Now you can use your free will and disagree and that is the great thing about free will.
If the dictator didn't have free will, how would he or she get to be dictator? In a society without free will, who is telling people what to do?

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#80297 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
God created us with a free will so that we may freely choose Him or freely not choose Him. God wants us to learn and be different rather than to all be the same. Without free will we would live under a dictator. God is loving and caring of us thus he lets us choose in all things rather than making us live by one choice.
We have free will so that we may freely choose for ourselves. He didn't give us full knowledge so we need to use our free will to learn , to choose from right and wrong and find the knowledge we need as we live life. Without free will we would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does what the others do instead of doing what we choose. If you believe in heaven and hell free will lets us choose our own fate.
Without free will this thread would not exist for we all would believe the same, do the same and have the same opinion.
That is my opinion that I choose to make. Now you can use your free will and disagree and that is the great thing about free will.
Allow me to tell you what I think "God's Free Will" means:

Kiss my azz, or burn in Hell.

founded in facts.

#80298 Apr 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are easily entertained. So are ducks.
Are you a professional duck entertainer or do you just do it as a hobby?

Do you start your act by throwing a ball at them and telling them to "duck?"

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#80299 Apr 17, 2013
Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking when he comes back in his new, resurrected body .... he's gonna be a greased pig...
Why does this remind me of the movie "Deliverance"?

founded in facts.

#80300 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
So I would guess by your opinion that you are a criminal that doesn't follow laws. For laws to you would be dictatorship. So do you steal, murder, ect ect or do you follow laws to keep from being punished? Again it is your free will to do either.
That seems like a rush to a rather extreme conclusion based on the facts in hand. You are a little over the top.
Frank

Poplar Bluff, MO

#80301 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put...I was just hoping that YDD would give me his answer so I knew where he stood on the subject.

Some attribute the ability to sin as a mistake by God on his part and claim God fallible. That is not the case at all. In order to know if one is truly loved, one must fulfill the truest definition of love. Love is not just a feeling that one can ascribe to but it is in fact an action. An action of sacrificing something of value for the good of another person. The only thing that God gave to us when he created us that was our very own is our free will. It is the this very thing that God requires of us to relinquish in order to judge our true commitment to him. Unfortunately, this also carries with it the capacity to not submit our free will to God and do as we please. When that happens, it is sin. In essence, true love and sin are related as states of the heart go, one just as opposite the other, but yet still separated by our choice in daily decisions.

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#80302 Apr 17, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does this remind me of the movie "Deliverance"?
lmao!! mmmm, cause NORTON has a purty mouth?
seriously

Houston, MO

#80303 Apr 17, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to tell you what I think "God's Free Will" means:
Kiss my azz, or burn in Hell.
And that is your opinion Dawg allowed by free will. I see it more of live right and be rewarded or live wrong and be punished. Not much different than the laws we live by daily. Murder, steal, ect and be punished. Many people follow the laws of God and the laws of man from knowing the difference of right and wrong, some the fear of being punished, some just don't have believe in anything and think they are invincible. Dawg why do you follow any laws? More out of fear of the punishment or more out of knowing right from wrong or do you think you are invincible?
seriously

Houston, MO

#80304 Apr 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That seems like a rush to a rather extreme conclusion based on the facts in hand. You are a little over the top.
The whole conversation is over your head for in his statement he basically states if he has to follow the laws of God then God must be a dictator and if he doesn't follow the laws of God then God smites him thus making him a terrorist. So one can comprehend that he must feel the same way about the laws of man. If he follows them then he sees the laws a dictatorship but if he breaks them he must see the laws as an act of terror put upon him from the law, for if you do not follow mans laws you will feel the wrath of the justice system (what little we have) by prison terms and such.
Nortons Rapture Failure

Saint Louis, MO

#80306 Apr 17, 2013
Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao!! mmmm, cause NORTON has a purty mouth?
Game Point!!!

founded in facts.

#80307 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole conversation is over your head for in his statement he basically states if he has to follow the laws of God then God must be a dictator and if he doesn't follow the laws of God then God smites him thus making him a terrorist. So one can comprehend that he must feel the same way about the laws of man. If he follows them then he sees the laws a dictatorship but if he breaks them he must see the laws as an act of terror put upon him from the law, for if you do not follow mans laws you will feel the wrath of the justice system (what little we have) by prison terms and such.
My point is apparently too complex for you to understand and you have had to resort to your usual name calling, derision and ridicule. Rather you should simply have stated that you were reading too far into the original post and providing an outrageous response. But upon reading your response to me, outrageous posts must be the norm for you.

One would not comprehend, one would infer. Can you comprehend the that? Your inference was over the top and you did not comprehend the meaning of the original post.

Let me guess that you really don't get a chance to talk to intelligent people in Licking and you don't know how to handle it when you encounter them on Topix. I understand. Regretably it is partly due to the lack of value this country and notably red states place on basic education.
Guestzero

United States

#80308 Apr 17, 2013
Besides if "God" is omnipotent then free will is just an illusion, or he just likes to toy with us mortals like a child with a sim game. Hypothetically speaking of course (meaning I don't believe in deities and such)

founded in facts.

#80309 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading the original post again, I find that I stand firmly behind my original assessment of your post. You did not comprehend that original post and you embellished your own bias onto the other poster then chastized he or she for those embellisments. It is obviously clear that you are one that considers yourself to have knowledge and wisdom above and beyond the other posters on here. That was never more clear than when you cast that net upon the sea earlier today and in this serious of posts now.

I wish I could help you, but I am going to guess that you will turn a blind eye to my help because you know better and are as perfect as you believe.

founded in facts.

#80310 Apr 17, 2013
I beg pardon. My last post should read "him or her" in place of "he or she." I know some of you guys like to jump on that kind of thing like it was made out of ham. Especially when you have no real arguement to respond with.
seriously

Houston, MO

#80311 Apr 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>My point is apparently too complex for you to understand and you have had to resort to your usual name calling, derision and ridicule. Rather you should simply have stated that you were reading too far into the original post and providing an outrageous response. But upon reading your response to me, outrageous posts must be the norm for you.
One would not comprehend, one would infer. Can you comprehend the that? Your inference was over the top and you did not comprehend the meaning of the original post.
Let me guess that you really don't get a chance to talk to intelligent people in Licking and you don't know how to handle it when you encounter them on Topix. I understand. Regretably it is partly due to the lack of value this country and notably red states place on basic education.
Talk about delusional WOW! Ridiculing, name calling? Where is that at in my post? A criminal is not name calling, it is millions of people and what they are. He either does not believe in God and Gods laws or he does believe in God and Gods laws and understands that punishment comes with breaking those laws.. For if he thinks it is wrong of God to punish people who do wrong, he may feel the same about mans laws, who knows. As far as comprehending, do you comprehend that topix does not show the town you are from? It may say Licking Mo but I live nowhere near there. But I think it is funny that you and others all always have something to say about where it shows me posting from. I ignore it and go on for I know simple minded people have to have something to humor them. And as far as you calling my post outrageous, my post falls far from outrageous compared to this one.

founded in facts.

#80312 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about delusional WOW! Ridiculing, name calling? Where is that at in my post? A criminal is not name calling, it is millions of people and what they are. He either does not believe in God and Gods laws or he does believe in God and Gods laws and understands that punishment comes with breaking those laws.. For if he thinks it is wrong of God to punish people who do wrong, he may feel the same about mans laws, who knows. As far as comprehending, do you comprehend that topix does not show the town you are from? It may say Licking Mo but I live nowhere near there. But I think it is funny that you and others all always have something to say about where it shows me posting from. I ignore it and go on for I know simple minded people have to have something to humor them. And as far as you calling my post outrageous, my post falls far from outrageous compared to this one.
Now you are trying to skirt your own statements. You called a person that you do not have knowledge of a criminal. That is name calling to me and any rational person. You ridiculed my response to you and derided me. It is easily seen in your post by any reasonable, honest person. So now you are a liar too.

I am familiar with Topix and now see that you are not. It is true that sometimes a poster has an ISP listed that is not the same as his or her physical location and this will depend on a number of factors, but it is also true that a posters ISP is their physical location. Do I have to school you on everything?

No, I think that the post I am responding to is just as outrageous as your other recent posts.

To summarize. You don't know much about ISP's and how Topix affixes a location to your name, but I think I have you back on track. You are a liar as can clearly be seen by your denial of name calling in a post where you call me delusional. Isn't that funny. So you are a hypocrite too. Finally, we have cleared up the confusion over your inability to comprehend and poor skill at making inferences.

Next time don't beat around the bush. If you want me to school you, just ask.
seriously

Houston, MO

#80313 Apr 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If the dictator didn't have free will, how would he or she get to be dictator? In a society without free will, who is telling people what to do?
It is said that God created Adam after himself . He gave Adam a mind capable of reasoning, thinking, and even creating, although his intellectual powers, in comparison, are limited. So by that I would think God has free will and chose to pass it on to us. Thus he did not want to control(dictate)us but yet make lets us make our own choices but never saying there would not be punishment for breaking his laws "IF" we chose to break them. That is where choice comes in and where we choose right or wrong. Same as daily laws we live by.

Without free will no one would be telling us what to do. We would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does the same as the others do instead of doing what we choose.
seriously

Houston, MO

#80314 Apr 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are trying to skirt your own statements. You called a person that you do not have knowledge of a criminal. That is name calling to me and any rational person. You ridiculed my response to you and derided me. It is easily seen in your post by any reasonable, honest person. So now you are a liar too.
I am familiar with Topix and now see that you are not. It is true that sometimes a poster has an ISP listed that is not the same as his or her physical location and this will depend on a number of factors, but it is also true that a posters ISP is their physical location. Do I have to school you on everything?
No, I think that the post I am responding to is just as outrageous as your other recent posts.
To summarize. You don't know much about ISP's and how Topix affixes a location to your name, but I think I have you back on track. You are a liar as can clearly be seen by your denial of name calling in a post where you call me delusional. Isn't that funny. So you are a hypocrite too. Finally, we have cleared up the confusion over your inability to comprehend and poor skill at making inferences.
Next time don't beat around the bush. If you want me to school you, just ask.
You just prove my point. You are running me down calling me names in this post as well as your others. I am someone you don't even know but yet you say I am wrong for doing the same as you and others do. I guess since you call me a hypocrite that as well has to make you one too. You have a empty argument of calling me a hypocrite and saying I am running someone down or calling them names when you yourself do that in many of your comments to people you don't even know. So at best when you do so said things that you accuse me of doing you are just in fact just describing yourself.

founded in facts.

#80315 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
It is said that God created Adam after himself . He gave Adam a mind capable of reasoning, thinking, and even creating, although his intellectual powers, in comparison, are limited. So by that I would think God has free will and chose to pass it on to us. Thus he did not want to control(dictate)us but yet make lets us make our own choices but never saying there would not be punishment for breaking his laws "IF" we chose to break them. That is where choice comes in and where we choose right or wrong. Same as daily laws we live by.
Without free will no one would be telling us what to do. We would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does the same as the others do instead of doing what we choose.
I see my question got you to thinking. I agree to some extent, but not completely. I don't know what a society without freewill would really be like. I do know there are social animals that we can readily use as a model, but this does not mean that is the model that would develop in a species consciously aware of itself.

There is wiggle room for breaking the laws of God based on interpretation. For example the death penalty, which I support, is killing even though one of God's laws is that we should not kill. Now, I am interested to see your response to this knowing that the death penalty is a punishment from the laws of man and that there are arguments over the translation of kill and murder among other issues associated with my point.

I find it personally interesting that I was going to respond to another poster with a post that is uncannily similar to much of your first paragraph.

While, I like your post, it does not mean that you did not infer the criminal history of another poster based on facts not in evidence.
Guestzero

United States

#80316 Apr 17, 2013
So I'm guessing all you Christians are ok with the whole God condoning rape marriage and such, its in the Bible so it must be ok? Before you say "oh that's old testimate stuff, Mosaic law bla bla bla," God did condone it at one point. So God can just change his mind? Is God just wishy washey then? "Omnipotent" being just changes his mind when he wants, doesn't sound omnipotent to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Racism EVER Stop? I NEED UR FEEDBACK PLEAS... 1 hr vietnamvet1969 15
Danger!!! Stay away from East St. Louis! 1 hr vietnamvet1969 21
Gay marriage comes to Missouri. Wait ... what? 2 hr Sneaky Pete 104
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr truth told 19,574
White Minority Governs Black Majority Ferguson 10 hr Disenfranchise 23
Parents of Missouri teen say shooting - doesn't... Fri dorian johnson wa... 20
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... Fri glenravi 5,450
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]