United States

#80276 Apr 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
WTF? I don't even live in IL. This is all kinds of jacked.
Are you guys AT&T?

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#80277 Apr 17, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm! I wonder were you got your information! You know ...... people believe anything without checking things out.
AND ...... please don't tell me I am one of those people because nobody knows all things, except God himself. There is much proof of the flood. You are apparently looking at the wrong info. You sound like a New Ager or an atheist. Take off your blindfolder! If you study the Bible as a whole and not just pick pieces out, perhaps you would understand it better....
You say, " ... nobody knows all things, except God himself ... "

Since you completely believe EVERYTHING which is in the Bible, be advised that the Bible clearly shows that your "god" does not know everything.

Presumably, your "god" created Man, including Man's ability to "sin." And -- according to your mythology -- Man SINNED. And your "god" got upset because Man "sinned." And your "god" presumably destroyed most of the living things on earth because Man sinned (when a simple "factory recall" would have solved the problem.)

Genesis 6:5 (KJV) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Genesis 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Thus: If your "god" knows everything, why was he surprised that his creation Man in fact "sinned"? And why did your "god" repent that he had made man on the earth? Looks to me like your "god" doesn't know everything.(And thus is NOT "omniscient.") It must be true. Your Bible tells us so.

United States

#80278 Apr 17, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
<.snicker!.> "DFS" no more needs my "rescuing" him than I need his "rescuing" me! The only thing "predictable" on this thread is your constant bloviation. Just remember: you are amusing to us, and we enjoy "yanking your chain" and watching you predictably vibrate.
So you are easily entertained. So are ducks.

United States

#80279 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
<.snicker!.> "DFS" no more needs my "rescuing" him than I need his "rescuing" me! The only thing "predictable" on this thread is your constant bloviation. Just remember: you are amusing to us, and we enjoy "yanking your chain" and watching you predictably vibrate.
And as I predicted here you are replying to a "DFS" post to defend your murky dim little pond. None are so blind as though who will not see.

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#80280 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
Most of one’s knowledge is "provisionally true"- true enough for practical purposes, but subject to revision if something new comes along. Most people don't realize that. They act as if they have absolute truth in their hands, when what they actually have is "useful truth"- things they know well enough to hold/have practical value.
The wisest man is the man that knows there is always something to learn, while the dumbest man is the man who thinks he knows everything.
This thread has several of the dumbest people posting to it.
Congrats....you've taken the first step to recovery...

#80281 Apr 17, 2013
Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, NORTON.....I'm not surprised at your evasive response, but go back to my post and see if I've argued those points ....NOPE!!!
NO apologetics please ... simply true or false ....
"Norton"'s criteria for judging "true" or "false":

1. If "Norton" believes it, it is true.
2. If "Norton" does not believe it, it is false.

Thus, once again, he sets himself up as the Absolute Arbiter of Truth and Falsehood. In other words, "Norton" thinks of himself as being God.

"Norton" apparently has forgotten what his "god" did to King Herod:

Acts 12:23 (KJV) And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

This is not the first time "Norton" has set himself up as God. He has judged that President Obama is not a Christian. He has also judged that Mitt Romney is not a Christian! Hail God "Norton"!

#80282 Apr 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are easily entertained. So are ducks.
I will have no more wise "quacks" out of you!

#80283 Apr 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
And as I predicted here you are replying to a "DFS" post to defend your murky dim little pond. None are so blind as though who will not see.
None are so blind as those who cannot see.

“this is a dark ride”

Earth

#80284 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
"Norton"'s criteria for judging "true" or "false":
1. If "Norton" believes it, it is true.
2. If "Norton" does not believe it, it is false.
I'm thinking when he comes back in his new, resurrected body....he's gonna be a greased pig...
Frank

Poplar Bluff, MO

#80285 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You say, " ... nobody knows all things, except God himself ... "
Since you completely believe EVERYTHING which is in the Bible, be advised that the Bible clearly shows that your "god" does not know everything.
Presumably, your "god" created Man, including Man's ability to "sin." And -- according to your mythology -- Man SINNED. And your "god" got upset because Man "sinned." And your "god" presumably destroyed most of the living things on earth because Man sinned (when a simple "factory recall" would have solved the problem.)
Genesis 6:5 (KJV) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.
Genesis 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Genesis 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Thus: If your "god" knows everything, why was he surprised that his creation Man in fact "sinned"? And why did your "god" repent that he had made man on the earth? Looks to me like your "god" doesn't know everything.(And thus is NOT "omniscient.") It must be true. Your Bible tells us so.
Do you know the reason why free will was created?

“this is a dark ride”

Earth

#80286 Apr 17, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wouldn't have to pay to pass on your possessions?

United States

#80287 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
None are so blind as those who cannot see.
That too.

“this is a dark ride”

Earth

#80288 Apr 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
I kinda like that the idiot thought we were the same person.:)
If only everyone spoke in song lyrics...
...If you're down and confused And you don't remember who you're talkin to....
seriously

Houston, MO

#80289 Apr 17, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
God created us with a free will so that we may freely choose Him or freely not choose Him. God wants us to learn and be different rather than to all be the same. Without free will we would live under a dictator. God is loving and caring of us thus he lets us choose in all things rather than making us live by one choice.
We have free will so that we may freely choose for ourselves. He didn't give us full knowledge so we need to use our free will to learn , to choose from right and wrong and find the knowledge we need as we live life. Without free will we would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does what the others do instead of doing what we choose. If you believe in heaven and hell free will lets us choose our own fate.

Without free will this thread would not exist for we all would believe the same, do the same and have the same opinion.

That is my opinion that I choose to make. Now you can use your free will and disagree and that is the great thing about free will.
Guestzero

United States

#80290 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
God created us with a free will so that we may freely choose Him or freely not choose Him. God wants us to learn and be different rather than to all be the same. Without free will we would live under a dictator. God is loving and caring of us thus he lets us choose in all things rather than making us live by one choice.
We have free will so that we may freely choose for ourselves. He didn't give us full knowledge so we need to use our free will to learn , to choose from right and wrong and find the knowledge we need as we live life. Without free will we would be like a robotic world society where everyone is the same and does what the others do instead of doing what we choose. If you believe in heaven and hell free will lets us choose our own fate.
Without free will this thread would not exist for we all would believe the same, do the same and have the same opinion.
That is my opinion that I choose to make. Now you can use your free will and disagree and that is the great thing about free will.
Well, unless "God" gets angry and floods the planet, or destroys your city, or brings down multiple plauges on your country, so yea.... free will..... no dictator. Sounds to me God is a terrorist "do what you want but if it's not according to my rules then smiting and divine wrath for you" yea.... free will....

“this is a dark ride”

Earth

#80291 Apr 17, 2013
...my pitbull has free will...sometimes when I call her she heads for the foodbowl...

#80292 Apr 17, 2013
"GunHugger," you can be pleased that the Senate gun bill amendment to require criminal and mental background checks with probably fail today 52 to 40, with 8 undecided, according to vote polling. The amendment was proposed by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.)(Manchin is a lifetime NRA member, and has an "A" rating by the NRA.)

Manchin's staff stated, "Senator Manchin remains optimistic and hopeful that if Senators and the American people read the bill, they will support his commonsense approach to require criminal and mental background checks for advertised sales, including purchases at gun shows and online sales, without infringing on Americans’ Second Amendment rights,” Manchin spokesman Jonathan Kott said. "So far Senator Manchin has managed to garner support from an A-rated NRA member and three Republican Senators as well as 90 percent of his own party."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/joe-...

Manchin noted that the NRA alleges that the legislation "would criminalize the firearms by honest citizens." Manchin characterized the NRA allegation as a "lie," and stated that "if the NRA lose credibility, they've lost everything in Washington."
seriously

Houston, MO

#80293 Apr 17, 2013
Guestzero wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, unless "God" gets angry and floods the planet, or destroys your city, or brings down multiple plauges on your country, so yea.... free will..... no dictator. Sounds to me God is a terrorist "do what you want but if it's not according to my rules then smiting and divine wrath for you" yea.... free will....
So I would guess by your opinion that you are a criminal that doesn't follow laws. For laws to you would be dictatorship. So do you steal, murder, ect ect or do you follow laws to keep from being punished? Again it is your free will to do either.
Guestzero

United States

#80294 Apr 17, 2013
I still say people who think the planet is less than 10,000 years old are nutjobs, or just blissfully ignorant.

“The strength of science is”

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#80295 Apr 17, 2013
seriously wrote:
Most of one’s knowledge is "provisionally true"- true enough for practical purposes, but subject to revision if something new comes along. Most people don't realize that. They act as if they have absolute truth in their hands, when what they actually have is "useful truth"- things they know well enough to hold/have practical value.
The wisest man is the man that knows there is always something to learn, while the dumbest man is the man who thinks he knows everything.
This thread has several of the dumbest people posting to it.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You probably have a good idea once a decade or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 12 hr squeezers 431
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Will Racism EVER Stop? I NEED UR FEEDBACK PLEAS... 17 hr Chadly74 13
White Minority Governs Black Majority Ferguson 18 hr Chadly74 3
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 21 hr tom carter 31694 n 5,418
looking for cousin (Oct '08) 23 hr springsted416 3
Danger!!! Stay away from East St. Louis! Tue He who knows 16
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:47PM
Raiders place Sio Moore on injured reserve
NBC Sports 8:10 AM
Chandler Catanzaro kicks way to NFC special teams honors
NBC Sports 8:20 AM
De'Anthony Thomas garners AFC special teams player of the week honors
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Offseason Should Start with Trading for Cutler
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?