Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#78902 Mar 24, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
From the viewpoint of being in Missouri, I consider Washington, DC, as "fairly close" to New York City.
From the viewpoint of being in Missouri, I consider Wasilla, AK, as "fairly close" to Russia.
From the viewpoint of St. Louis, I consider Clinton "fairly close" to Smithville.
I wonder if he knows what "rural Missouri" means? I grew up having to drive half an hour to eat a pizza, watch a movie or buy a pair of shoes. St. Louie was a mere 3 hours trip and it was usually an all day shopping spree or visiting my Great Aunt and Uncle.

100 miles? That only takes an hour and a half.....geez, sounds 'fairly close' to me!

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#78903 Mar 24, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if he knows what "rural Missouri" means? I grew up having to drive half an hour to eat a pizza, watch a movie or buy a pair of shoes. St. Louie was a mere 3 hours trip and it was usually an all day shopping spree or visiting my Great Aunt and Uncle.
100 miles? That only takes an hour and a half.....geez, sounds 'fairly close' to me!
Everything is "relative," a fact "Harvey" is unable to comprehend.

“I can never convince the ”

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#78904 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Everything is "relative," a fact "Harvey" is unable to comprehend.
When your family tree is straight with few limbs like Harv's, it is hard for him to conceptualize "relative."

Now I am sure this conversation will elicit a fair number of homoerotic references from Ole Harv. Poor guy is going to go blind, looking for love in all the wrong places.

#78905 Mar 25, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Grew up in Puxico (that's why I visit this thread). Ya'll know that the name of YOUR hometown may be "BFMissouri"_8-)
Puxico = Puxico Indians basketball

Puxico went undefeated in 1950-51, winning 40 straight games, and capturing the Class "B" state championship. In the process they scored 100 or more points 13 different times. This was a day when a team scoring 50 points was considered big time stuff. They played "fast break" and were all over the court.

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1133612.html

#78906 Mar 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>When your family tree is straight with few limbs like Harv's, it is hard for him to conceptualize "relative."
Now I am sure this conversation will elicit a fair number of homoerotic references from Ole Harv. Poor guy is going to go blind, looking for love in all the wrong places.
Yes, a family tree with few limbs is easy to slide down, but difficult to climb.
Gun Grabbing Commies

Reeds Spring, MO

#78907 Mar 25, 2013
Report: One-Third Of ICE Detainees Released In Miami Because Of Supposed Sequester Cuts Are Convicts…
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/25/report-one...

POLL: MAJORITY OF AMERICANS OPPOSE OBAMA ASSASSINATING U.S. CITIZENS WITH DRONE AIRSTRIKES BOTH AT HOME OR ABROAD…
~ I’d say a sizable chunk of those supporting it are libs who used to rail against Bush’s anti-terror policies.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/25/poll-major...

US-FUNDED PALESTINIAN AUTHORITY HID MONUMENT WITH “PALESTINE” REPLACING ISRAEL SO OBAMA WOULDN’T SEE IT DURING VISIT…
~ It wouldn'n matter anyway. He's for Muslims and against Israel, our only ally in the middle east. Whatever they did it worked because Obama “unblocked”$500 million in U.S. aid.
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/25/us-funded-...

OBAMA SLIPS FURTHER IN POLLS, LOSES POLL ADVANTAGE OVER GOP
~ As I said before, it takes liberals quite a while to figure out what conservatives can see at the beginning!
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/24/obama-slip...

“Nobama care”

Since: Mar 11

just a tax hike

#78908 Mar 25, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti American? You don't know me at all and just sling what you think are 'stinging' insults. I'm an Army daughter (and granddaughter), a Navy wife and a Marine and Army mom.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Can you actually stick to a discussion, or do you simply have nothing worthwhile to say?
Yawn

“It is often that a ”

Since: Mar 13

person's mouth broke his nose.

#78909 Mar 25, 2013
Nothing has changed in here the past 5-6 days. As the saying goes "Life is the same for us all because We are all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils."

#78910 Mar 25, 2013
Gun Grabbing Commies wrote:
... OBAMA SLIPS FURTHER IN POLLS, LOSES POLL ADVANTAGE OVER GOP
~ As I said before, it takes liberals quite a while to figure out what conservatives can see at the beginning!
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/24/obama-slip...
Ah, hahahahahahaha! To continue their propagandistic agitation, "weaselzippers" is now giving a DAILY report on President Obama's ratings. As I mentioned yesterday, the president's "approval rating" is still larger than his "disapproval rating" as shown by RealClearPolitic's (RCP) average ratings.

Look at the graph and weep, "Gun Hugger"! Your agitprop is false and just ain't working'!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other...

In any event, President Obama's ratings make no difference. He was elected in 2012, and will remain President for 4 more years, whether you like it or not, "GunHugger"!

#78911 Mar 25, 2013
The real USA First wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn
You "yawn" at "albtraum"'s military family history.

What is YOUR military background, "super patriot"?

#78912 Mar 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Nothing has changed in here the past 5-6 days. As the saying goes "Life is the same for us all because We are all in the same game, just different levels. Dealing with the same hell, just different devils."
poetic

“It is often that a ”

#78913 Mar 25, 2013
I see a few of you have said that you grew up in Podunk. Most of us grew up in Podunk. So at one time we all had manners and were respectful for those were taught by parents in those Podunk little towns. I myself grew up in the country and was 19 miles from the closest town and it only had a population of 1800+. What happened to our manners and respect we were taught? Is it we have forgot them? Is it we only have them in person? Or is it we forget them to act like the few bad seeds do so we can play their little game?
Gun Grabbing Commies

Reeds Spring, MO

#78914 Mar 25, 2013
EXPLAINING THE OBAMA ECONOMY TO 6TH GRADERS
~ Some liberals may even be able to comprehend this!

Our government-run public education system is very bad. So bad that generations of Americans educated in public schools don’t understand economics. They don’t understand how Obama’s policies damage the economy, kill jobs, and destroy their children’s future. So I’m going to educate the masses with very simple examples that even a 6th grader can understand.

Let’s compare America to your household. That makes it very simple and easy to understand.

Let’s say you make $50,000 per year…and you owe $250,000 in credit card and consumer debt. You’re in deep trouble, right? One way or another, you are headed for bankruptcy court in the future.

Then you receive a credit line in the mail for $250,000. Are you rich? Of course not. That new credit line or credit card is not “income.” It’s more debt- a loan to be paid back at high interest rates. You didn’t just gain $250,000. You just added $250,000 to your debt. You still make $50,000, but instead of owing $250,000 in debt, you now owe $500,000. You think you’re “saved.” Actually you’re twice as broke as before. Insanity.

That’s exactly what Obama is doing to the U.S. economy. He added $6 trillion in debt in only four years to “save” us from a terrible economy. Well he didn’t save anyone. He just put all of us into much deeper debt. This debt will destroy the lives of our children and grandchildren. And the economy isn’t even better. It’s in shambles. If interest rates go up in the future, the entire U.S. economy will be destroyed by the debt.

But there is one part of the economy thriving- the stock market. That keeps going up because Obama has guaranteed the richest fat cats on Wall Street profits by the billions- from you! Obama is stealing $85 billion per month from the taxpayers…mostly the middle class…to buy bonds that no one else wants…and to buy mortgages that no one else wants…which automatically makes the stock market go up. That $85 billion per month that the Fed is printing goes straight to the bottom line of the biggest companies publicly traded on Wall Street.

Sounds great until you realize those trillions of dollars printed by the Fed to make the stock market go up…so Obama can act like the economy is getting better…are not riches…they are debt. They are loans that need to be paid back by you, your children, and grandchildren. Insanity.

Even worse, can you imagine if the $250,000 credit line that came in the mail to “save” you, was issued by YOU? That’s exactly what’s happening under Obama. We are so broke, so indebted, so insolvent, that no one wants to buy our bonds anymore. That’s why the United States, Europe and Japan buy 60% to 90% of their own bonds. Do you understand what this means? That’s like you being so broke, so in debt, that you loan yourself the money to pay the bills you can’t afford.

Can you imagine if you owned a bank and gave yourself a $250,000 loan that no one else would give you, because you are unqualified to handle more debt. You’d be destroying your own future, plus your own bank. You didn’t “save” yourself, or your bank. You killed two birds with one loan! Insanity.

How about Obama’s claim that he “saved” the auto industry. Once again it’s a combination of pure fraud and pure delusion. He didn’t actually “save” anyone. He just grabbed about $100 billion from the taxpayers- that’s YOU- to redistribute to auto unions…so their members could continue to get their obscene unsustainable pensions…and then kickback a hundred million dollars or so to Obama’s Presidential campaign. It’s called “pay for play.” It’s fraud and someone should go to prison.
MORE:
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/explain...
Gun Grabbing Commies

Reeds Spring, MO

#78915 Mar 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
I see a few of you have said that you grew up in Podunk. Most of us grew up in Podunk. So at one time we all had manners and were respectful for those were taught by parents in those Podunk little towns. I myself grew up in the country and was 19 miles from the closest town and it only had a population of 1800+. What happened to our manners and respect we were taught? Is it we have forgot them? Is it we only have them in person? Or is it we forget them to act like the few bad seeds do so we can play their little game?
Manners, it's mostly gone. It's pathetic when you shop and the clerks don't say "Thank You". Lots of time I thank them because I'm so used to saying "thank you".

Morals, they're mostly gone too! Why? in my opinion,

1. Taking God out of our lives

2. Taking 10 commandments. What is wrong with "don't stel", honor thy father and thy monther, etc?

3. Kids are being brainwashed by liberals in school, especially college. They are now trying now to stop home schooling!

MOST Libeals have no problem with killing babies but will spend millions to defend Murderers on death row and we, us working folks, spend millions keeping them up in prisons, with their free gyms, libraries, tv's, etc.

It's all gone crazy! What's wrong is right and what's right is wrong! http://www.openbible.info/topics/evil_days

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/09/148295675/pleas...

“It is often that a ”

#78919 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Manners, it's mostly gone. It's pathetic when you shop and the clerks don't say "Thank You". Lots of time I thank them because I'm so used to saying "thank you".
Morals, they're mostly gone too! Why? in my opinion,
1. Taking God out of our lives
2. Taking 10 commandments. What is wrong with "don't stel", honor thy father and thy monther, etc?
3. Kids are being brainwashed by liberals in school, especially college. They are now trying now to stop home schooling!
MOST Libeals have no problem with killing babies but will spend millions to defend Murderers on death row and we, us working folks, spend millions keeping them up in prisons, with their free gyms, libraries, tv's, etc.
It's all gone crazy! What's wrong is right and what's right is wrong! http://www.openbible.info/topics/evil_days
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/09/148295675/pleas...
Pretty much everything you post is bashing of a party. Both parties have worked to destroy the country. As far as you say Taking God out of our lives. That is a choice for no one can really take God out of your life. He lives inside of people.Saying a prayer out loud or in silence will be heard the same. It is not the laws taking God out as you say it, it is the people not teaching their kids about God as they used to do so in turn those kids grow up knowing less and teaching their kids even less about him.

#78921 Mar 25, 2013
EXPLAINING THE OBAMA ECONOMY TO 6TH GRADERS
~ Some liberals may even be able to comprehend this!
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/explain...
Sure! I comprehend it. More anti-Obama propaganda from one of your favorite "Neo-CON" sources: "theblaze."

#78922 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text> ... They are now trying now to stop home schooling!...
"they"? Who are "they"? Do give us a factual example, "GunHugger"!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#78923 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure! I comprehend it. More anti-Obama propaganda from one of your favorite "Neo-CON" sources: "theblaze."
Let me see..........I believe that's much better than the HUFF POST that you are so fond of!!!!

CHEERS!

“It is often that a ”

#78924 Mar 25, 2013
Gun Grabbing Commies a little history of our national debt; The national debt went from $16 billion to $42 billion in 1930-1940. It went from $42 billion to $257 billion form 1940-1950. It went from $257 billion to $285 billion from 1950-1960. It went from $285 billion to $370 billion from 1960-1970. It went from $370 billion to $907 billion from 1970-1980. It went from $907 billion to $3 trillion from 1980 to 1990. It went from $3 trillion to $5 trillion from 1990 to 2000 it went from $5 trillion to $8 trillion from 2000 to 2005. It went from $8 trillion to $13 trillion from 2005 to 2010. Both Democrats and Republicans have had their turn in office and both have had their hand in adding to the debt. It has been out of control for a long time so why are you just now seeing that?

#78925 Mar 25, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see.......... I believe that's much better than the HUFF POST that you are so fond of!!!!...
It appears that is but just one more thing which you believe in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Real Madrid 20,111
Cindy Ambach Has Not Got Away With Organized Crime 3 hr Fed Up 1
Supreme Court 7 hr Puppet on A String 1
got move to st loise Wed sawone 1
Adult 24 Hour Bookstore Sep 2 jakel359 2
Stephanie Werner (Dec '10) Sep 1 Oscar 13
Obama/Nixon=War on Police Officers Sep 1 black panther 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Louis Mortgages