Rich

United States

#76914 Feb 19, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I require education and sanity in my music.
Too bad your music requires it - wish your COMMENTS would!!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#76915 Feb 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I find it difficult to refer to the lack of belief in a deity (atheism) as a religion. Atheism does not carry with it many of the hallmark features of a religion. It is a belief system in a sense, though it is comprised of lack of belief.
Primarily, I see that atheists feel a need to defend their lack of belief in order to not be overrun by those that believe. Believers are like little children with a scab. They can't leave it alone. They have to pick, pick, pick at it. Considering history, when believers pick a scab there is a lot of blood shed.
Funny, I have never seen any evidence of Dawg trying to convert anyone to atheism. This is not to say he hasn't provided well grounded arguments in support of his position, but if that changed the way you think it would be on you and not on Dawg. Sounds to me like you may have some unspoken doubts about certain things.
I bet if you were to ask Norton about Islam, he would make a number of claims regarding its lack of being the true religion. Where it would get interesting is how much those same negatives could be applied to Christianity. This would be especially true in a debate with someone like Norton. You see how he posts nearly back to back contradictory statements and when called on it defends his position by calling others ignorant. Norton sees the stupidity in his statements, he just can't bring himself to admit it. I would say he would bring the same to the table in comparing Islam to Christianity or Christianity to any other religion.
If athiests are trying to convert people, and I don't really believe the majority are, then they aren't very good at it, because they represent a small portion of the population that isn't growing by leaps and bounds.
OK smart guy! What have I contradicted? I would not debate Christianity and Islam because it would be a no-win situation. They have their belief and I have mine. I hate the word religion because there are a lot of religions. Christianity is the belief in Jesus Christ and, yes, the only truth. Isn't it strange how you people that don't believe in God keep talking about! Could it be that God is dealing with you? Hmmm! How could an atheist try to convert anyone to atheism? They have nothing to stand on!

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#76916 Feb 19, 2013
Don't just give me those negative judgements. Let's talk about it!

CHEERS!
GOP an OCEAN of STUPID

Saint Louis, MO

#76917 Feb 19, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I require education and sanity in my music.
If you'd like to know where you a@@ is (after I kicked it last night)...it re-entered the atmosphere and was seen falling to Earth over Hoxie Arkansas...LOL!

T-N you might want to move your trailer down there or at least spend some time on the Arkansas Topix Threads...as they might be more impressed with your ignorance.

Norton is SMARTER than you

CHEERS

“Triple — Negative”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#76918 Feb 19, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
OK..........Nobody can live a sinless life, because Adam and Eve disobeyed God and ate the fruit from the Tree of Life. If they had not disobeyed him, things would have been different. God drove man out of the Garden of Eden and there was a flaming sword to guard the tree of life. It's all right there in the book of Genesis. The serpent deceived Eve into eating the fruit so God told the serpent he would crawl on his belly all the days of his life. etc., etc.........!
I guarantee you that during the Tribulation that meteorite you are talking about will seem like nothing. It will be a horrible time like nothing ever seen before. You have a free will..........to believe it or not. It's your choice. Satan has a hold on you and are too stubborn to let go.
CHEERS!
The tribulation is a modern phenomenon never mentioned by Christ or his disciples. Your God tortures people. Even if they are disbelievers, it's downright narcissistic, cruel, and mindless nonsense.

This might be a generational thing, and I am certain you were taught this nonsense by someone—but tell me this, did Christ seem like he was mean to you? Why is your God so damned vicious?

He's a loving God. Preaching about him as if he were Adolf Hitler suits no one, and you will never convert people by making God into a brute. He gave us Free Will. You had the Free Will to either read the scriptures and study theology, or to be a follower of useless tripe.

If you know verses that can back up your arguments, besides the so-called flood, Sodom and Gomorrah—both done for genetic purification, and not just to rid the earth of sinners—then please, show me the verse. Christ came to show you the love of his message, not to placate a bunch of really bad theologians.

Yet you can call me a blasphemer and condemn me to hell with the rest. One day, when the time comes, I will prove to you the reality of God's word—not this nonsense you call Religion. It's pure zeal.

“The strength of science is”

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#76919 Feb 19, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>
You struck home with your posts, much like you strike home with your 1 inch penis and 2 inch extension-condom when boinking your friend Bubba at the University of Blatant Lunacy.
Like I already stated, you're a simpleton. Anything more would be redundant, and require graphs and charts in Crayola, and full body casting in Play-Doh for you to understand within in the confines of the reasonable.
If you should need anything further for your studies, maybe you could get an education that is not paid for with an EBT card and fifteen books of Green Stamps, you intellectually malnourished twit.
If you're going to play with big boys, here's a clue—buy an instrument. And that tiny thing between your legs doesn't count.
Smile. You're an amateur.
That level of derogatory response and attack is what one would expect to see when one has nailed it on the head. You are clearly everything I have said and more. You don't even have the wherewithal to provide any form of supporting evidence for you statements. Just rant and attack. Based on what I have seen you take this approach whenever you are confronted with your intellectual, moral and philosophical superiors. Tsk, tsk, tsk. And I had such hopes that you would be somehow different.

founded in facts.

#76920 Feb 19, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
OK smart guy! What have I contradicted? I would not debate Christianity and Islam because it would be a no-win situation. They have their belief and I have mine. I hate the word religion because there are a lot of religions. Christianity is the belief in Jesus Christ and, yes, the only truth. Isn't it strange how you people that don't believe in God keep talking about! Could it be that God is dealing with you? Hmmm! How could an atheist try to convert anyone to atheism? They have nothing to stand on!
CHEERS!
I have pointed out your contradictory statements. Are you too ignorant to understand the written word.

I will sum it up. You said that God was in control. Then you posted very soon after that post, that man was in control. You can't seem to get you stories straight. How do you expect to have any credibility at all. I admit, at this point, on this forum, you have blown any chance at credibility to pieces, but God bless you, you just keep trying.
Stupid People Finder

Prairie Village, KS

#76921 Feb 19, 2013
Whole gob on here..

founded in facts.

#76922 Feb 19, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
CHEERS!
Norton, have I ever said that I don't believe in God? No. I am just not a fanatic like you. I don't follow your brand of witchcraft Christianity.

Why is it so strange to you that an intelligent person would try to learn as much as they can about a subject before accepting or rejecting it. Oh, that is right. You just swallow everything whole like a good little lamb.

I agree with your last point, if not for the reasoning, at least for the conclusion.

founded in facts.

#76923 Feb 19, 2013
GOP an OCEAN of STUPID wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd like to know where you a@@ is (after I kicked it last night)...it re-entered the atmosphere and was seen falling to Earth over Hoxie Arkansas...LOL!
T-N you might want to move your trailer down there or at least spend some time on the Arkansas Topix Threads...as they might be more impressed with your ignorance.
Norton is SMARTER than you
CHEERS
Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal!

It is a shame that the humor on here is at a level beyond TN's ability to comprehend. This is some funny stuff.

founded in facts.

#76924 Feb 19, 2013
Stupid People Finder wrote:
Whole gob on here..
And with your joining, we have a gob hole on here as well.

Tell your mom I said hi.

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#76925 Feb 19, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you arguing? YOur religion is 'God does not exist'. If he does not exist, then why are you arguing about whether he exists? I don't believe that Santa Claus exists, so I never go on to forums stating 'Hey, Santa does not exist!'
You are trying to convert me to your version of truth, and it's as delusional as every other aspect of your warped personality.
"God does not play dice with the universe." —Albert Einstein.
In your post #76893, you state, "Militant Atheists do not have the ability to REASON."

If we do not have the ability to reason, why are you attempting to reason with us? Hmmmmmm? Sounds like you have sent yourself on a fool's errand!

Once more: an Einstein you are not.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#76926 Feb 19, 2013
good grief wrote:
To “GOP an OCEAN of STUPID”,“Harvey”,“TripleNegati ve”,“Yellow Dawg”,” Norton” and “Poos your Daddy”. You all need to grow up. It's a good thing here on "topix" you all can hide behind a fake name and picture because in the real world if you have any family and/or friends they would be so ashamed and embarrassed of you all on how you act and disrespect people on here. If you all would step back at look at yourselves you would see just how childish and stupid you are making yourselves look. But hey I guess when your life is so boring, lonely and dull that this is your primetime pastime and pride of joy,,, we all should feel sorry for you. There is this amazing thing called "life" out there that does exist and can be amazing. You all should get off your @sses, away from your PC, put away all your fears, stop ridiculing others and get out and enjoy it sometime. With that said I am out for I thought this would be some kind of intelligent conversation but I just see now it is the battle of the losers with no life other than to belittle other people, try to be king of the idiots and try to feel smart and good. May you all find better things to do in life that will take away your fears, your bitterness, your loneliness and bring a little happiness into your lives. Yes you all can bash this all you want, it won't matter. It will not change the reality of this post on how you all are.
What in the world was that all about?

Location hidden

#76927 Feb 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>And with your joining, we have a gob hole on here as well.
Tell your mom I said hi.
Dan, how are you , hope all is well in your world.

#76928 Feb 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text> ... If athiests are trying to convert people, and I don't really believe the majority are, then they aren't very good at it, because they represent a small portion of the population that isn't growing by leaps and bounds.
Atheism may not be "growing by leaps and bounds," but nevertheless it is growing, worldwide and in the United States.

According to a WIN-Gallup International poll reported August 2012, religiosity worldwide is declining while more people say they are atheists. In the United States, a growing number consider themselves non-believers.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/20...

(I will point out that "atheism" is not monolithic. There are various levels of non-belief. For example: agnostics,'weak' atheists, and 'strong' atheists. Simplistically, those levels correspond to "not sure there is a god," "possibly there is a god," and "no way is there a god.")

#76929 Feb 19, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>{To DFS:} For the love of Christ, that's what you call wit? Hell, your pantywaist diatribes, your penny-ante nonsensical tripe may be witty to your circle of wank-buddies, but take my word for it little man—I've had bowel movements smarter than you....
That last statement alone stands as an indictment that you lack knowledge and education.("Einstein you ain't.")

#76930 Feb 19, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>
You struck home with your posts, much like you strike home with your 1 inch penis and 2 inch extension-condom when boinking your friend Bubba at the University of Blatant Lunacy.
Like I already stated, you're a simpleton. Anything more would be redundant, and require graphs and charts in Crayola, and full body casting in Play-Doh for you to understand within in the confines of the reasonable.
If you should need anything further for your studies, maybe you could get an education that is not paid for with an EBT card and fifteen books of Green Stamps, you intellectually malnourished twit.
If you're going to play with big boys, here's a clue—buy an instrument. And that tiny thing between your legs doesn't count.
Smile. You're an amateur.
And I thought Rodney Dangerfield had died. But he was funny.

Smile. You're a simpleton. And that tiny thing within your cranium doesn't count, either. Up to 10, maybe, with a little help from your fingers.

#76931 Feb 19, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>OK ... You have a free will ... to believe it or not. It's your choice....
(Edited. Keeping all intelligent content.)

#76933 Feb 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>What in the world was that all about?
"good grief" is a hater. He condemns others for making their attacks, then turns around and does the same thing. I think he and his missus are having marital problems, and have to vent their hatred on others in an effort to keep their marriage from failing because of their hatred for each other.

Location hidden

#76934 Feb 19, 2013
God does not play dice with the universe." —Albert Einstein.

Some would beg to differ.

"In our experiment, we show that any theory in which there is significantly less randomness is destined to fail: quantum theory essentially provides the ultimate bound on how predictable the universe is," said Dr. Wolfgang Tittel, associate professor and GDC/AITF IndustrialResearch Chair in Quantum Cryptography and Communicationat the University of Calgary in a release.

Dr. Renato Renner, Professor at the ETH in Zürich added, "In other words, not only does God 'play dice,' but his dice are fair."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Brown's stepfather investigated 28 min Union Jak 32
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 45 min Cat74 5,427
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Bently 19,559
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 7 hr Go Blue Forever 434
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 7 hr Mary 4
White Minority Governs Black Majority Ferguson 15 hr UpsideDown 10
wearing adult diapers (Jun '12) Fri Andrew 48 18
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web