George

Stover, MO

#75330 Jan 17, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting this crap?
Watch the news Dumocrat
Struttn King Obozo Muslim

Ozark, MO

#75332 Jan 17, 2013
Gun Control Facts: Homicides and Violent Crime Have Dropped 50% Over the Last 20 Years

Contrary to what you may have read or seen on the news, the U.S. is not a gun-toting nation of violent cowboys and Rambo's. Oh, the message is there; it's just not supported by the facts.

The facts in this case, are official U.S. government crime figures released annually by the FBI. There are two sets of reports, Uniform Crime Reports (UCR), and Crime In The United States (CUIS). We'll also look at long range crime data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), which is also a Department of Justice reporting agency.

BJS homicide data goes back as far as 1976. That year there were 18,780 homicides. The population was also smaller than it is today; population size affects the rate per 100,000 people, the default measure for reporting rates. Homicides in the U.S. peaked in the early 1990's and between 1990 to 1994 homicides were around 21,000-24,000, with single highest year clocking in 24,700 homicides (1991). The trend since then has seen crime go down.

FBI Uniform Crime Reports show homicides dropped to 12,664 in 2011, the last year available. The murder rate has dropped from 9.3 per 100,000 in 1992 to 4.7 per 100,000 in 2011.

The FBI's Crime In The United States report shows violent crime rates are also drastically declining, going from 757.7 in 1992 to 386.3 in 2011. The violent crime rate is now 50.9% of what it was 20 years ago. The homicide rate has declined by 48.7% in that same time period. These are not cute factoids taken out of context, but instead show a trend in declining violence in America that has been occurring for more than 20 years.

Consider this, in the middle of this 20-year period we had an assault weapons ban (a ban which the Center for Disease Control and other studies said had no measurable impact), and yet once the ban was lifted, violent crime and homicide still declined.

Some gun control advocates flock to the United Kingdom as an ideal example of gun control in a modern, industrialized, first-world nation. These advocates are quick to point out that the UK just posted the lowest homicides since 1983. But if we compare the U.S. to the UK, the U.S. has its lowest homicides in both number and rate since 1992 (20 years), and lowest number since at least 1976 (more than 35 years), and achieved without a current gun ban.

It seems impossible to go to a news source these days without hearing about violent crime, but the hype ain't all it's made out to be when you look at the facts objectively.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/23170/gun-c...
Struttn King Obozo Muslim

Ozark, MO

#75333 Jan 17, 2013
Paging The IRS: Obama Phone Lady; Obama Campaign Paid Me Tax Free To Work; It's A Scam

http://www.youtube.com/embed/QC8Js97WR7M

Your Higher Taxes pay for My healthcare thanks President Obama Healthcare Reform

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#75334 Jan 17, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The Temple will be rebuilt! Check it out..........there are things in place at this very minute to build the temple. There are things made to be placed in the temple. You really need to find out about these things. The Jews didn't believe him then and most of them don't believe him now but THEY WILL!
Remember a day to the Lord is like a 1000 yrs. His time is different than ours. You guys really need to do some serious studying of the Bible and then maybe you would understand why we have a President like Obama. It's all a part of God's plan.
CHEERS!
Being ETERNAL has nothing to do with different time scales--just longevity along the same continuum.....
Struttn King Obozo Muslim

Ozark, MO

#75335 Jan 17, 2013
POLICE OFFICERS 'VIOLATING NEW GUN LAW' IN NEW YORK

NEW YORK (WABC)-- A troubling oversight has been found within New York State's sweeping new gun laws.

The ban on having high-capacity magazines, as it's written, would also include law enforcement officers.

Magazines with more than seven rounds will be illegal under the new law when that part takes effect in March.

As the statute is currently written, it does not exempt law enforcement officers.
Nearly every law enforcement agency in the state carries hand guns that have a 15 round capacity.

A spokesman for the governor's office called Eyewitness News to say, "We are still working out some details of the law and the exemption will be included, currently no police officer is in violation."

The Patrolman's Benevolent Association President released a statement saying, "The PBA is actively working to enact changes to this law that will provide the appropriate exemptions from the law for active and retired law enforcement officers."

State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/17/cuomos-new-...
Nope

Gideon, MO

#75336 Jan 17, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The Temple will be rebuilt! Check it out..........there are things in place at this very minute to build the temple. There are things made to be placed in the temple. You really need to find out about these things. The Jews didn't believe him then and most of them don't believe him now but THEY WILL!
Remember a day to the Lord is like a 1000 yrs. His time is different than ours. You guys really need to do some serious studying of the Bible and then maybe you would understand why we have a President like Obama. It's all a part of God's plan.
CHEERS!
Norton, people like you are the reason that so many people have stopped believing. You keep putting things in the Bible that aren't there and when what you predict doesn't happen it becomes like the boy who cried "wolf". They've heard it so many times just to have it proven false that they stop believing you.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#75337 Jan 17, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the news Dumocrat
I despise Faux News.
GOP Going Outa Power

Saint Charles, MO

#75338 Jan 18, 2013
Struttn King Obozo Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arab rulers who controlled Jerusalem through the 1950s and 1960s demonstrated no religious tolerance in a city that gave birth to two major Western religions. That changed after the Six-Day War in 1967, when Israel regained control of the whole city. Symbolically, one of Israel's first steps was to officially recognize and respect all religious interests in Jerusalem. But the war for control of Jerusalem and its religious sites is not over.
http://www.mythsandfacts.org/NOQ_OnlineEditio...
The GOP strategy ...KEEP FAILING!
GOP Going Outa Power

Saint Charles, MO

#75339 Jan 18, 2013
Struttn King Obozo Muslim wrote:
Gun Control Facts: Homicides and Violent Crime Have Dropped 50% Over the Last 20 Years
Contrary to what you may have read or seen on the news, the U.S. is not a gun-toting nation of violent cowboys and Rambo's. Oh, the message is there; it's just not supported by the facts.
The facts in this case, are official U.S. government crime figures released annually by the FBI. There are two sets of reports, Uniform Crime Reports (UCR), and Crime In The United States (CUIS). We'll also look at long range crime data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), which is also a Department of Justice reporting agency.
BJS homicide data goes back as far as 1976. That year there were 18,780 homicides. The population was also smaller than it is today; population size affects the rate per 100,000 people, the default measure for reporting rates. Homicides in the U.S. peaked in the early 1990's and between 1990 to 1994 homicides were around 21,000-24,000, with single highest year clocking in 24,700 homicides (1991). The trend since then has seen crime go down.
FBI Uniform Crime Reports show homicides dropped to 12,664 in 2011, the last year available. The murder rate has dropped from 9.3 per 100,000 in 1992 to 4.7 per 100,000 in 2011.
The FBI's Crime In The United States report shows violent crime rates are also drastically declining, going from 757.7 in 1992 to 386.3 in 2011. The violent crime rate is now 50.9% of what it was 20 years ago. The homicide rate has declined by 48.7% in that same time period. These are not cute factoids taken out of context, but instead show a trend in declining violence in America that has been occurring for more than 20 years.
Consider this, in the middle of this 20-year period we had an assault weapons ban (a ban which the Center for Disease Control and other studies said had no measurable impact), and yet once the ban was lifted, violent crime and homicide still declined.
Some gun control advocates flock to the United Kingdom as an ideal example of gun control in a modern, industrialized, first-world nation. These advocates are quick to point out that the UK just posted the lowest homicides since 1983. But if we compare the U.S. to the UK, the U.S. has its lowest homicides in both number and rate since 1992 (20 years), and lowest number since at least 1976 (more than 35 years), and achieved without a current gun ban.
It seems impossible to go to a news source these days without hearing about violent crime, but the hype ain't all it's made out to be when you look at the facts objectively.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/23170/gun-c...
Except for all the Deranged WHITE PEOPLE shooting up grade schools and movie theaters
GOP Going Outa Power

Saint Charles, MO

#75340 Jan 18, 2013
Struttn King Obozo Muslim wrote:
Paging The IRS: Obama Phone Lady; Obama Campaign Paid Me Tax Free To Work; It's A Scam
http://www.youtube.com/embed/QC8Js97WR7M
Your Higher Taxes pay for My healthcare thanks President Obama Healthcare Reform
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KRgB2eeHZEwXX
You Red State hillbillies take more Federal Dollars thn you pay in taxes...go get a job!!!!
sad

United States

#75341 Jan 18, 2013
Just the Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious?
Wow, talk about just plain ignorant and unnecessary.
I certainly hope children don't hear that language from you, you poor ignorant individual.
Saying damn makes them ignorant look at yourself. Just a girl is just a little girl
Struttn Little Dicktater

West Plains, MO

#75342 Jan 18, 2013
Obama re-election team to form group to support second-term agenda, source says

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/18/ob...

See, he is a Struttn little DickTator who is destroying our constitution, our freedoms!
Struttn Little Dicktater

West Plains, MO

#75343 Jan 18, 2013
Doctors Become Obama’s New Secret Police

http://www.westernjournalism.com/doctors-beco...
Struttn Little Dicktater

West Plains, MO

#75344 Jan 18, 2013
We are Preparing for Massive Civil War.¨so sad¨

Struttn Little Dicktater

West Plains, MO

#75345 Jan 18, 2013
DHS Ready For Massive Civil Unrest; Internment Of "Dissidents"

Norton

Kansas City, MO

#75346 Jan 18, 2013
Poos ur daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear NO-NO-NORTON--I really appreciate your posts-as you correctly pointed out, I'm not the brightest person on the plant--but you make me look like Einstein....lmao.
And the species I mentioned are definitely examples observed to evolve. That's why I chose them-time between generations can be hours-days. Changes to environmental conditions can be seen in a controlled setting. One particular bacteria was watched for 44000 generations when distinct, unprecedented changes took place. BTW, early on, the strain was divided into 4 populations and only 1 population changed properties (natural or neutral selection is not easily predicted).
When I mentioned larger species, why did you jump to dinosaurs? A mouse is larger than a virus!! Physical growth over a lifespan may be an evolutionary trait....but would be very difficult to measure.
When God created Adam and Eve, how many ethnic groups were represented in their genes? Is it possible that humans evolved in response to different environmental factors as they spread around the globe? It's pretty easy to tell a native African from a Native Asian.
One more thing, evolution does not predict one organism will suddenly transform into an entirely different family. That would be more in line with you BELIEFS-A MIRACLE!!
Here's a little nugget for ya-the human body has vestiges of a time when our predecessors breathed water,i.e. pharyngeal gill slits.....
Haaaaaaaave you ever heard of the Tower of Babel? Ahh! I didn't think so.

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#75347 Jan 18, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
How come "God's plan" was so poor that he created Man and then "repented" that he had done so? That doesn't sound like he had much of a plan.(And don't go blaming Man for God's mistakes.)
As I have pointed out to you on numerous occasions, only 2% of Israelis are Christians. Which means that 98% are NOT. Take hope, though. Even though your cult is not a recognized religion in Israel, nevertheless you can practice it.
Man disobeyed God! I don't know the percentage but I know there are many people in Israel that are not Christians, BUT their eyes will be opened one day.

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#75348 Jan 18, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I despise Faux News.
Never heard of Faus News but I have heard of Fox News.....the only place to get the real truth. You should try watching it sometime.:)

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#75349 Jan 18, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Lot's wife evolved into a pillar of salt.
Seven loaves of bread and a few little fishes evolved into a meal for a multitude of five thousand.
Taken out of context, as usual!

CHEERS!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#75350 Jan 18, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are no longer growing. I bet you are now shorter, and are turning into skin and bones.
I was riding with my girlfriend one night and watched her turn into a motel.
Apparently, some types of prehistoric dinosaurs turned into some types of birds.
"No common sense at all"? In your case, I must agree.
Perhaps I should have said........reptiles grow as long as they live.

Watch out.....you may grow to be 20 feet tall.:)

CHEERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 3 hr Skorzeny 435
Boycott the Rams 4 hr southbronx 4
Michael Brown's stepfather investigated 7 hr Union Jak 32
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 8 hr Cat74 5,427
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Bently 19,559
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 14 hr Mary 4
White Minority Governs Black Majority Ferguson 23 hr UpsideDown 10
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:46 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 4:46PM
Rookie Beckham leads Giants past Rams 37-27
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?