Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#74280 Jan 1, 2013
GOP Economic Terrorists wrote:
Repub Job Solution
Romney's economic advisor said on Fox News Sunday that our jobs problem is American wages are still way too high... we rank 15th, at the bottom in benefits and paid vacation(7 wks Germany, vs 1 week here)...
The Mitts made money, by lowering your wages and keeping the difference.
His other solution is that our home prices are still also too high, but yet lower than in the EU, Canada and 3rd world countries.. and way below new construction costs.
The Repub solution has always been a race to the bottom for the 99%, while the top one percent wages are 15 times the rest of the world.
This race to the bottom of low wages works so well that the red states have been welfare states for the past 50 years getting back on average 50% more in Fed money than they pay in..they are our national debt, poorest 15 states, bottom in education, highest in per capita food stamps, welfare and etc... highest per capita rate of min wage jobs.
Low wages, means poor customers, poor customers means poor business and in both cases low tax revenue.
So if your wages are too high and your house worth too much, then Vote for Repubs!
Twinkies had to lower the wages because they couldn't afford the taxes.
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#74281 Jan 1, 2013
Perspective on the Deal
To make sense of what just happened, we need to ask what is really at stake, and how much difference the budget deal makes in the larger picture.
So, what are the two sides really fighting about? Surely the answer is, the future of the welfare state. Progressives want to maintain the achievements of the New Deal and the Great Society, and also implement and improve Obamacare so that we become a normal advanced country that guarantees essential health care to all its citizens. The right wants to roll the clock back to 1930, if not to the 19th century.
There are two ways progressives can lose this fight. One is direct defeat on the question of social insurance, with Congress actually voting to privatize and eventually phase out key programs — or with Democratic politicians themselves giving away their political birthright in the name of a mess of pottage Grand Bargain. The other is for conservatives to successfully starve the beast — to drive revenue so low through tax cuts that the social insurance programs can’t be sustained.
The good news for progressives is that danger #1 has been averted, at least so far — and not without a lot of anxiety first. Romney lost, so nothing like the Ryan plan is on the table until President Santorum takes office, or something. Meanwhile, in 2011 Obama was willing to raise the Medicare age, in 2012 to cut Social Security benefits; but luckily the extremists of the right scuttled both deals. There are no cuts in benefits in this deal.
The bad news is that the deal falls short on making up for the revenue lost due to the Bush tax cuts. Here, though, it’s important to put the numbers in perspective. Obama wasn’t going to let all the Bush tax cuts go away in any case; only the high-end cuts were on the table. Getting all of those ended would have yielded something like $800 billion; he actually got around $600 billion. How big a difference does that make?
Well, the CBO estimates cumulative potential GDP over the next decade at $208 trillion.So the difference between what Obama got and what he arguably should have gotten is around 0.1 percent of potential GDP. That’s not crucial, to say the least.
And on the principle of the thing, you could say that Democrats held their ground on the essentials — no cuts in benefits — while Republicans have just voted for a tax increase for the first time in decades.
What would you do without 'google' and copy and paste?

CHEERS!
Norton Is confused

Saint Louis, MO

#74282 Jan 1, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you do without 'google' and copy and paste?
CHEERS!
Norton has admitted that he is confused

I think Norton is in a permanent state of rage.. he's angry and confused, and angry at being confused.. and confused by his own anger...CHEERS!
The GOP Is Imploding

Saint Louis, MO

#74283 Jan 1, 2013
ok here we go again.

republicans will not go for this deal because the tea party will not let them, Mr obama and joe biden know this remember there still require buy ins.

Once the republicans are forced to vote against it or refuse it ,they will be responsible for going over the cliff. This is a set up by mr obama.

After this the floor belongs to obama . the big plus is that after tonight the koch brothers and company will start paying taxes no matter how this goes now.
The GOP Is Imploding

Saint Louis, MO

#74284 Jan 1, 2013
Republicans couldn't even repeal their own light bulb bill, and they tried to TWICE.

Republicans all agreed to pass another anti-abortion bill and try again to repeal their own light bulb bill.

hahahahahahaha
The GOP Is Imploding

Saint Louis, MO

#74285 Jan 1, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP: "Ooooh nooooo, the president spoke harshly to us, guess we'll have to_screw_ the country."
The GOP Is Imploding

Saint Louis, MO

#74286 Jan 1, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is the 4th easiest country to do business in ...China is 15th...yet another GOP myth destroyed!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#74287 Jan 1, 2013
The GOP Is Imploding wrote:
<quoted text>
The US is the 4th easiest country to do business in ...China is 15th...yet another GOP myth destroyed!
Can you prove this?
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#74288 Jan 1, 2013
Norton Is confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton has admitted that he is confused
I think Norton is in a permanent state of rage.. he's angry and confused, and angry at being confused.. and confused by his own anger...CHEERS!
NO, not confused at all, nor angry. It's just that you would be so lost without 'google'! Whatever would you do?:)

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#74289 Jan 1, 2013
The GOP Is Imploding wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably googled it! Ha!

CHEERS!

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#74290 Jan 1, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Yellow Dawg Demoncrate, you need to change your handle to "Blind Sided Lemming". Yah, Bush sucked, but he was only 1/8 as bad as Obama is. Obama will be known for the destruction of America's prosperity and growth plus the loss of being a great world power.
ROFL! Yeah, President Obama won over Romney decisively.

Don't worry, "Ralph," you will get over your intense disappointment in a few years. Certainly in time to see the Republicans go down in even more defeat in 2014 and 2016.

#74291 Jan 1, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you do use different names. You're not fooling anybody!
P. S. You're no comedian either!
You must be very busy with stastics, psychological studies, etc., when you're not on here spreading manure.
Speaking of spreading manure, tell us what "different names" I have used in this thread. If you don't like my humor, stop laughing.

I do a lot of primarily online research. When I encounter a new concept, I often read up some on it. The Internet is a fantastic source of information. For example, I believe it was "albtraum" who mentioned "Godwin's Law." Amusing, and is often observed. I think you have even been guilty of invoking it.

#74292 Jan 1, 2013
MuslimCommunistDictator wrote:
‘VULGAR’: KATHY GRIFFIN KISSES ANDERSON COOPER’S CROTCH DURING LIVE NYE SHOW
http://www.th eblaze ...
And Anderson Cooper is Gay! http://www.latimes.com ...
This proves how far our country has declined. No wonder we are going broke. Our Nation has turned away from God, took him out of our schools, embraced gay lifestyle, gay marriage, killing innocent babies as normal. I'm ashamed of my country! But, there is no other place to go?...
Might I suggest a place for you to go?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#74293 Jan 1, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of spreading manure, tell us what "different names" I have used in this thread. If you don't like my humor, stop laughing.
I do a lot of primarily online research. When I encounter a new concept, I often read up some on it. The Internet is a fantastic source of information. For example, I believe it was "albtraum" who mentioned "Godwin's Law." Amusing, and is often observed. I think you have even been guilty of invoking it.
You accused me of being norton. That is manure.

#74294 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure there is ... you can go to HELL!
Oh, oh! "MuslimCommunist," looks like G.E.T. beat me to it!_8-)

#74295 Jan 1, 2013
Perspective on the Deal
To make sense of what just happened,...
And on the principle of the thing, you could say that Democrats held their ground on the essentials — no cuts in benefits — while Republicans have just voted for a tax increase for the first time in decades.
As a New Year's resolution, I bet Grover Norquist is pledging not to try to get any more Tea Partiers elected! ROFL!

The more rationally-minded Republicans essentially told Grover to "Kiss it!" this time! Grover's political chicanery has been "outted." It is amazing that he held the entire Republican Party captive with his goofy "pledge" not to ever and ever and ever raise taxes.
GOP Going Down in FLAMES

Saint Louis, MO

#74296 Jan 1, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probably googled it! Ha!
CHEERS!
Hows that RAPTURE THING'Y going for you?

#74297 Jan 1, 2013
... So if your wages are too high and your house worth too much, then Vote for Repubs!
One has to give Herman Cain credit for telling his REAL feelings about minimum wage to a magazine writer. The article was published in the June 20, 2012, issue of "The Weekly Standard," which is a conservative magazine and blog.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/cain-d...

During the interview with Weekly Standard author John McCormack, Cain is reported to have said that, after he had taken over Godfather's Pizza, Cain "started to see how minimum wage legislation was impacting my ability to keep Godfather’s going."

I suppose it is not too bold to say that Cain wanted the employees at Godfather's Pizza to "work for slave wages"?

Several Republican presidential hopefuls spouted the same message during their primary. These included Romney and Bachmann, both of whom said that the minimum wage is ruining the economic opportunities of this country.(Meaning the CEO's think they should get even more money out of their employees.)

These days, one would be hard-pressed to find a sandwich and a soda costing less than ONE HOUR of minimum wage.
GOP Going Down in FLAMES

Saint Louis, MO

#74298 Jan 1, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You accused me of being norton. That is manure.
Madam ...when it's a proven fact that you are manure ...it's not accusation...Deal With It!

#74299 Jan 1, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, not confused at all, nor angry. It's just that you would be so lost without 'google'! Whatever would you do?:)...
Since you know "everything," I am sure that you never use Google.

(But keep in mind: The only people who know everything are the closed-minded.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Bently 19,559
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr xxxrayted 5,426
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 434
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 4 hr Mary 4
White Minority Governs Black Majority Ferguson 12 hr UpsideDown 10
Michael Brown's stepfather investigated 18 hr squeezers 29
wearing adult diapers (Jun '12) Fri Andrew 48 18
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web