“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#72777 Dec 12, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
How well I know you like to show your ignorance and try to make people think you are so brilliant....... you also like to copy and paste!:))))))..
1. For an old guy, I don't do too badly in the intelligence department.
2. I copy and paste what I consider to be authoritative information to back up my arguments. I also cite the source of those "pastes." You prattle along without ever citing any evidence to support your half-baked ideas.
3. Also you attempt to pass yourself off as a great Bible scholar, you have yet to answer ANY questions I have posed to you about the Bible. That is VERY TELLING!

#72778 Dec 12, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
copy and paste........ copy and paste, etc.
Prattle and prattle ... prattle and prattle, etc.

#72779 Dec 12, 2012
1Watt Hermit wrote:
are Norton and SPC the same person?
I get this vibe on both:
http://static1.firedoglake.com/29/files/2012/...
I don't think so. "SPC" shows occasional signs of intelligence.

#72780 Dec 12, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, religion does promote (mostly NT) love and compassionate behavior and all good things.
I remember when I was still teaching a Sunday School Class, the lesson plan was about the sins of people who called themselves "Humanists" and explained in great detail how their actions, not being through Christ, were wothless and pitiable. Yes, you guessed it. Hades for them.
Had I ever taught about the sins of pedophiles, rapists,etc. I would probably been thrown out of the church. Good grief, the Bible has enough sex, adultery, rape, drunkeness in it to make a soap opera!
*sighs*
I agree. The love which Jesus showed according to the New Testament is a good thing. The hatred which "God" showed in the Old Testament is not worthy of a god.

An atheist friend suggests that I call myself a "Secular Humanist," which elicits fewer criticisms, mainly because no fundamentalist knows exactly what that is.(e.g.: "Norton")

I once met online a woman in Salt Lake City who worked as a social worker family counselor. She said that she had NEVER worked with an atheist who had abused a child. That is a rather broad statement, but she stood by it. She said that the guys who thought themselves "the rulers of their families" were most often to commit such criminal acts.

Yes, the Bible has so much XXX-rated information that I have often thought of attempting to get it banned from public libraries. "Hustler Magazine" pales in comparison to the goings-on in the Bible.
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72781 Dec 12, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, religion does promote (mostly NT) love and compassionate behavior and all good things.
I remember when I was still teaching a Sunday School Class, the lesson plan was about the sins of people who called themselves "Humanists" and explained in great detail how their actions, not being through Christ, were wothless and pitiable. Yes, you guessed it. Hades for them.
Had I ever taught about the sins of pedophiles, rapists,etc. I would probably been thrown out of the church. Good grief, the Bible has enough sex, adultery, rape, drunkeness in it to make a soap opera!
*sighs*
So sorry you never really understood the Bible. Probably should not have been teaching Sunday school class. How many did you lead astray?

Yes, the Bible talk a lot about sins. You have the wrong idea about the Bible.

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72782 Dec 12, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
1. For an old guy, I don't do too badly in the intelligence department.
2. I copy and paste what I consider to be authoritative information to back up my arguments. I also cite the source of those "pastes." You prattle along without ever citing any evidence to support your half-baked ideas.
3. Also you attempt to pass yourself off as a great Bible scholar, you have yet to answer ANY questions I have posed to you about the Bible. That is VERY TELLING!
I am not a Bible scholar......just a believer of what I know is true.

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72783 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
You took that out of context.
No! Come on, just admit you spelled it wrong!

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72784 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Would you prefer the word "cult"?
Christianity is the only one that is not a cult!
Christianity is a philosophy.
A certain christian church, i.e., Methodist, Baptist, would be a religion even tho' they both believe in Jesus.

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72785 Dec 12, 2012
DEM 5th Column isFOX NEWS wrote:
<quoted text>
Both weird religious NUTS...but SPCa was alot stupider!
Since the election SPCa just disapeared like most of the trolls...
Now just Norton is left...babl'n his SATANIC craziness across the inbred meth addicted rural Republican parts of this state.
FOX NEWS helping DEMOCRATS WIN ELECTION
Is stupider a word? I think not! You need to look in the mirror if you want to see stupid.

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72786 Dec 12, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
In the bible, he told them it would be in their lifetime. Get to know your own stupid book.
Read again and maybe you will get it.:)

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72787 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
I agree. The love which Jesus showed according to the New Testament is a good thing. The hatred which "God" showed in the Old Testament is not worthy of a god.
An atheist friend suggests that I call myself a "Secular Humanist," which elicits fewer criticisms, mainly because no fundamentalist knows exactly what that is.(e.g.: "Norton")
I once met online a woman in Salt Lake City who worked as a social worker family counselor. She said that she had NEVER worked with an atheist who had abused a child. That is a rather broad statement, but she stood by it. She said that the guys who thought themselves "the rulers of their families" were most often to commit such criminal acts.
Yes, the Bible has so much XXX-rated information that I have often thought of attempting to get it banned from public libraries. "Hustler Magazine" pales in comparison to the goings-on in the Bible.
I forget to tell you that the OT and the NT go hand in hand. Of course, if you really haven't studied them you don't understand it. You can bad mouth we Christians all you want but I will stand on what I believe to be true. There is much proof the Bible is true but if you don't WANT to understand it, you WON'T!

CHEERS!
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72788 Dec 12, 2012
Spitemyface wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have not noticed.
Liberals don't seem to have manners like republicans do. Well, I suppose its because their no more than heathen little bastards somtimes.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72789 Dec 12, 2012
Bible Babln BS Artists wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerusalem in the days of Abraham was called Salem...and it was ruled by Melkezidek ...he is mentioned again in the book of Hebrews ...you'd know that IF YOU EVER REALLY DID READ THE BIBLE...
Jerusalem was occuppied by the Jebusites...and NEVER conquered by Joshua because of the connection with Abraham and Melkizadek...There were two bronze plaques over the gates that reminded EVERYONE of this....Jerusalem stayed Jebusite until David snuck in through the sewers and took it... YOU WOULD HAVE TO READ THE BIBLE TO KNOW THAT...later the temple was built on the Threshing floor of Anarith (A HITTITE)...who was a JEBUSITE and they bought the land from him. Uriah "the Hittite" and Bathseba Davids downfall where JEBUSITES...the famous ZADOKS that became the family of High Priests ...appear at this time...and they are believed to have been JEBUSITES since that is a shorted version of of the name Melki-ZADOK.
Before you start making a fool of yourself ...maybe you should read the Bible...you think?
You are nothing but a Pharasee!
God Bless
CHEERS
Quote the bible verses that mention abraham being close to Melkizadek, I didn't see it. And abraham might have chosen to reject him as he saw him as what he was, and gone against him. Who do you think he put first? God, of him? They bought the land of hittites because they were conquering the land of the hittites and converting it to israelite soil. He might have got the name zadok elsewhere, or it might have had a different deritive, where did zadok come from, who gave birth to him?
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72790 Dec 12, 2012
Bible Babln BS Artists wrote:
<quoted text>
Norton is a lot like Harold Camping, the Preacher that claimed the world was going end in May 2011. His followers went off the deep end running up debt, and selling their homes waiting for Judgement Day and, of course, it never occurred.
Norton borrows from Fox "News" and Right Wing Media and calls that scripture ...and has really developed a Cultist mentality, like that of Camper's followers....Norton even voted for a NON-Christian Mormon!
God Bless
Cheers
Selling his home because he thinks its the end time? LMAO!
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72791 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Ecclesiastes 1:5 (KJV) The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
No, the moon was described as a lesser light. But the moon has no light of its own and furthermore does not always "rule the night."
Your taking it for literal. It means it from the perspective of a person on the earth.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72792 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
"Pi" itself is not mentioned in the Bible. However, the dimensions of a "molten sea," which King Solomon built for the "King of Kings," are mentioned in the Bible:
2 Chronicles 4:2 (KJV) Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.
We know that the line which "did compass it round about" would have actually been 31.4 cubits, not the 30 cubits mentioned in the Bible.
Thus, it appears that the ancient Hebrews used a value of "3" for the value corresponding to "pi." This, of course, is an error of about 4.7%, since "pi" is around 3.1416.
Actually, the earth is round, yes, but not quite a sphere, the earth has hills and slopes, that when put together at the angle they are at, make the earth round. The statistics might have actually been correct.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72793 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
I can recognize a troll when I see one. I find it amusing to actually "toy" with him, to see how ridiculous he can become. It amuses me.
If you think I'm the troll, in that case, you've never seen guests comments, he's a right nutter. He gossips about people all day, thats all he seems to ever write about.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72794 Dec 12, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
In the bible, he told them it would be in their lifetime. Get to know your own stupid book.
What were jesus's words that implies that? Tell us.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72795 Dec 12, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the truth begins to come out. You don't read the bible and you probably don't own one or it would be right at hand. Just another 'cafeterian christian.'
I have the bible, do you?
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

#72796 Dec 12, 2012
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh mercy, he is such a putz;0)
**snorts**
The more I speak sense, the more I'm hate ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warrants issued for Family Dollar robber that f... 2 hr Beauregard Cracker 2
Rudolph 2 hr scrooge 1
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 5 hr Skorzeny 435
Boycott the Rams 7 hr southbronx 4
Michael Brown's stepfather investigated 10 hr Union Jak 32
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 10 hr Cat74 5,427
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Bently 19,559
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:10PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West