IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72608 Dec 10, 2012
Truth hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is power over people, thats why it exists.
Exactly, there's plenty of money and power to be made in religion. Enchant a people and you can control them for as long as you want.

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#72609 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the Global Warming bit however, Truth Hurts makes some valid points in that post. All formal religions are nothing more than cults manipulating and brainwashing their followers. Politics are the same way when you really think about it.
Going back to the Global Warming issue, the scientists even if they are wrong what real difference does it make. The planet is going to be at a point where WE and most of the living creatures will not longer be able to survive if nothing is done.
God fearing humans have figured out ways to kill us all quite effectively. Now that our children will be facing hardship, we as humans are doing what we do best, letting let greed and vice send us down a path to destruction.
We have sent people into space, have seen them walk on the moon all in the name of prestige yet can't seem to muster the good sense to try and stop the cataclysm upon us. These days MONEY IS GOD regardless what people believe in.
Noted. I agree to the similarities between religion and politics.

There may be technical fixes that could help. We haven't gone over the edge yet. Energy independence and alternative energy sources would help, especially those with low/no footprint. We could even infiltrate the upper atmosphere with sulfur dioxide to cause cooling. I don't know if it would work or if it is even feasible, but that is one of the vulcanic gases released in the upper atmosphere that have been known to cause global temperature reductions.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on the point about money. The worst man on earth is a great guy if he has a lot of money.

It sounds like I should reread the posts in question.

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#72610 Dec 10, 2012
The Illegal Muslim Prez wrote:
HOW VERY SAD THE LIBERALS DON'T UNDERSTAND HISTORY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup...
We understand enough history to know that President Obama is neither a Hitler nor a Castro.

We know enough history to understand that the Obama-Romney election was not like the 1980 Carter-Reagan election.

As for you, the only "history" you need to know is that President Obama won the 2012 election. Quitcherbitchin'!

You will have yet another chance in 2016, when Hillary Clinton will defeat you Neo-CONs, if you stay as monolithic and extremist right-wing as you are now.
Truth Hurts

Richland Center, WI

#72611 Dec 10, 2012
You people have bought into a ruse that is man made global warming.

It's all about money, a new tax. We are flat broke and looking for new revenue, and so is europe.

"gee lets scare the people out of thier money for the planet"

Fools believe this.
The GOPs DICK Army

Saint Charles, MO

#72612 Dec 10, 2012
WASHINGTON -- The Republican Party and stupid statements by some candidates are to blame for GOP losses in last month's congressional elections, the former leader of a tea party group said Monday.

Dick Armey, who until recently led the conservative group FreedomWorks, said some GOP candidates said "stupid things" that party leaders should have taught them to avoid saying. He said Republicans had a lot of candidates who did "dumb things" during their campaigns.

Armey, a former Republican House majority leader from Texas, did not specifically mention controversial comments about rape by GOP Senate candidates in Indiana and Missouri that contributed to their defeats in November. Republicans had been hoping to win control of the Senate but ended up losing seats instead, and they lost strength in the House as well.

Armey said it is the party's job to support and train candidates.

He left FreedomWorks after an internal dispute about the group's direction.

Armey made his remarks on "This Morning" on CBS.

West Plains

#72613 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go Danno,
I hope you understand statistics, no sarcasm involved.
Burt Rutan won the x-prize, first civilian launch into space.
Brilliant aeronautical engineer, his take on global warming.
I'll take this over this over the un any day.
http://burtrutan.com/burtrutan/downloads/Engr...
Some of his graphs are incorrect. The mideival warming period had a lower overall mean global temperature than what we are experiencing.

The Population Bomb was correct based on the data that was available at the time. However, Norm Borlaug and the Green Revolution came along with a technical fix to address the problems highlighted in that book. A short sighted interpretation.

DDT saved millions of lives and helped win World War II, but Silent Spring exposed it for the ecological nightmare that it was becoming. At some point, it would have done far more damage and deaths than it saved. Silent Spring was not an opinion piece. Carson used scientific data to come to her conclusions. 50 years later no one has refuted those conclusions. Besides, newer more powerful and ecologically safer chemistry came on line to replace DDT. The thing about DDT is that it is an incredibly stable molecule. It doesn't break down easily into inactive metabolites and stays around in biological systems for a long time. It is estimated that human back fat contains as much as 7% DDT and it has been banned in the United States since 1972. It hasn't been banned everywhere, so I am not sure where Rutan comes up with his millions of deaths.

Global warming and climate change are essentially the same thing. His list of overblown "scares" really isn't all that well researched or thought out.

His view of the scientific method is oversimplified and wrong.

CO2 is essential for life, but so is water. Unless you happen to be under thirty feet of it with no oxygen. It is relative. Too much oxygen can be dangerous too. Hence, no smoking in the oxygen tent. Rutan is doing so well here in making his case. He better stick to engineering and self promotion.

I am not sure what the CO2 emissions of the human body have to do with anything. I am not even sure if he is correct. It sounds like he is saying that climate scientists are trying to say that the CO2 coming off the human body is the cause of global warming. No one, NO ONE, is saying that.

Admittedly, CO2 is not the only greenhouse gas and methane for instance has a much greater potential at raising temperatures through infiltration of the atmosphere. However, Rutan mentions the CO2 levels during the Age of Dinosaurs as being 4X greater than today. It was also much warmer than too. The Cambrian Explosion occured in life forms unlike anything we have today. The animals that exist today evolved under much lower CO2 levels. Sort of an apples and oranges comparison.

Rutan is arguing against a particular cause of global warming and leaving out some very important details such as volcanic activity, etc. He is basically saying that it isn't CO2 so there is no warming or at least not human caused warming. However, you will notice that his own charts show a rise in global temperature over the last 200 years. The temperature has gone up and doesn't look to stop. I remain unconvinced at this time that human impact is not part of the Global Warming issue.
The GOPs DICK Army

Saint Charles, MO

#72614 Dec 10, 2012
Wow, you know you have hit bottom when even Dick Armey thinks you are stupid.

West Plains

#72616 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
It's all about money, a new tax. We are flat broke and looking for new revenue, and so is europe.
Fools believe this.
Perhaps it is you that has chosen to look the other way because you are afraid of the cost. By the way, I would say I have some fluency in statistics.

Just to be clear, you don't deny warming, just the cause. Or am I incorrect in that.

I like how Rutan says that "News Media and Nature magazines
often report that Global Warming is “worse than predictions”. In the vast majority of cases, they are wrong."

So even he thinks that sometimes they are right?

The problem with Global Warming is that it won't be us that deal with the problem. It will be our descendants. It is a shame they won't be able to travel back and tell us to STFU and stop generating waste like pigs.
The GOPs DICK Army

Saint Charles, MO

#72617 Dec 10, 2012
GOPers circle up. Lock and load. Ready, aim, fire.

West Plains

#72618 Dec 10, 2012
The GOPs DICK Army wrote:
Wow, you know you have hit bottom when even Dick Armey thinks you are stupid.
The GOP's DICK Army should tell them "Ixnay on the Aperay" talk.
The GOPs DICK Army

Saint Charles, MO

#72619 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, there's plenty of money and power to be made in religion. Enchant a people and you can control them for as long as you want.
Getting Conservatives to stop saying "stupid things" is one thing, getting them to educate themselves and stop believing in that nonsense is a different story
The GOPs DICK Army

Saint Charles, MO

#72620 Dec 10, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand enough history to know that President Obama is neither a Hitler nor a Castro.
We know enough history to understand that the Obama-Romney election was not like the 1980 Carter-Reagan election.
As for you, the only "history" you need to know is that President Obama won the 2012 election. Quitcherbitchin'!
You will have yet another chance in 2016, when Hillary Clinton will defeat you Neo-CONs, if you stay as monolithic and extremist right-wing as you are now.
The Republicans were exposing their beliefs.. problem is that the general public saw those beliefs for what they were.... off the wall.
The GOPs DICK Army

Saint Charles, MO

#72621 Dec 10, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
Fools believe this.
OH, you mean like the GOP not telling people what they really stand for? To lie in every conceivable way to get elected and then pass the most draconian legislation out of the blue? I thought that is what they did already.
The GOPs DICK Army

Saint Charles, MO

#72623 Dec 10, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God judged Sodomy and Gonorrhea not approved of them. Lack of evidence doesn't mean it isn't true. There used to be no evidence for the hitites and people ridiculed the bible until new evidence proved it. Modern medicine disproves Jonah? What evidence from modern medicine?
It is impossible to respect the opinion of others when those opinions are so absurd and obviously wrong. And your last sentence put the death-knell on any respect I might have for your opinion on that issue.

#72624 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text> ... If you don't understand prophecy, you are clueless about what I am saying. That is why you just don't get it. This life may be the only heaven some people know so they better enjoy what they call their ' good times' now because it is gonna end soon. Just remember......... I told you so!...
Nobody understands "prophesy." Prophesy is always so nebulous that most anything can be made of it.

In ancient times, a Greek general went to an oracle at Delphi, and asked what would be the result if he advanced upon his enemy. The oracle replied that a great victory would be won. The unfortunate part was that the oracle did not specify who would win this "great victory."

Did you know that Nostradamus foretold the existence of Hitler? Look it up!

I can assure you that both your and my "good times" will end soon. The long-range prognosis for the both of us is very poor.

Just remember -- I TOLD YOU SO!

#72625 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows, not even the Father, when the end (as we know it) will be....
So you admit that you worship a God who is not omniscient. That's a pretty puny god.

#72626 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you can look up more of this on the internet and take it out of context too????? You are totally lost....
1. First of all, those verses came from your Holy Bible. You might try studying it sometime.

2. If I took YOU "out of context," you would still be clueless!_8-)

#72627 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been 3 blood moons in 500 yrs and there is about to be another one. 1492, 1948, 1967
1492.....I think that is when Christians fled to America.
1948....Israel became a nation.
1967....Jerusalem recaptured by the Jews.
Read Luke chapter 21 ( does not say anything about blood moons either) Has to do with end of age.
I cannot link you to the "Blood Moons" but I am sure with your ability to surf you can find it. I am not talking about a yearly thing that happens.
Scientist and theologians have discussed it....
Stop the bloviation! You said that NASA has proved that there were blood moons. CITE A REFERENCE TO AN ACTUAL NASA STUDY.

(I know why "blood moons" occur? Do YOU?)

1. You think that 1492 is when Christians fled to America?
2. You think that 1948 was when Israel became a nation? What about the Israel mentioned in your Holy Bible? That nation existed 4000 years ago.
3. Jerusalem was "re-captured by the Jews" many times. And, as was pointed out on this thread, Jerusalem did not belong to the Israelites in the first place -- it was a Hittite city.

#72628 Dec 10, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. A 6 year old actually said to harry when his family came to meet the royal family, "I'm glad you've get your clothes on harry". I'm not joking LOL.
No one would like to see a hairy Harry.

#72629 Dec 10, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove the flood never existed then?
God caused the fish to vomit Jonah out. Your biblically illiterate. And how much proof you expect about one small person historically?
It was God's power who turned Lots wife into a pillar of salt, a supernatural act, not magic and random sonny.
It is logically impossible to disprove a negative. The Great Flood never existed, thus I will be unable logically to disprove it!

How many men have you known who were swallowed by a great fish, lived 3 days and 3 nights within the fish's belly with no oxygen, and with lots of digestive acids, and lived to tell the tale? Doesn't that story strike you are being FALSE and mythology?

For gullible folks such as you, the Israelis would be more than happy to take you on a tour and point out Lot's wife to you. She is still there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wilson Cleared. whoo hooo 39 min Lawstudent 8
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 47 min Guest 3,927
Obamas Lawless and Reckless 6 Million Illegal M... 2 hr Obamas Insanity 1
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 5 hr car007 382
Courts: Cops Testimony Greater Than Video Evidence 5 hr Lawstudent 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 8 hr Truth 600
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match

St. Louis Jobs

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]