IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72527 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's quite a little lecture there. However, perhaps you should get your facts straight.
We have freedom to worship whom and how we want..........that is true!
I choose Jesus Christ, the christian belief. I am not judging anyone, just stating my opinions.......just like you do.
Apparently, you do not understand christianity. The Bible says marriage is between a man and a woman. Obama said he has no problem with marriage between different sexes. That is bibically wrong. If he were a Christian, he would NEVER have said that. It has nothing to do with the Constitution. He is either a Christian or he is not. He can't ride the fence just because he is President. That was a personal remark he made.
All presidents, at some time or another, have to make the decision about going to war. I am sure any christian president would pray about that decision first before going to war. People always die in wars. The Bible says there will be wars and rumors of wars.
I know, this is just a waste of time. However, if you will study some history, I think you will find all these different religions come into play in wars.
P. S. There will be one final war.........ARMAGEDON!
CHEERS!
Yes, you are making a Judgement. You say the President is not a Christian because he supports same sex marriage and I say that makes it impossible for any of the others to be Christian(see, we both just made a Judgement Call)! Just because they "PRAYED" prior to sending people to kill and be killed doesn't mean it was approved by God, it just means just like any gangster, they are were attempting to hedge their bet.

Here's another way of looking at it. Just because President Obama said he "has no problem with marriage between different sexes" doesn't mean he's not a Christian, it just makes him a SINNER like all of us from a Christian standpoint. So how does what he said differ from an adulterer, thief, false prophet or idol worshiper, ZERO because they are SINNERS TOO! Show me one person of the Christian that says they aren't a sinner and I'll show you someone that's a liar, sinner and a FOOL! Apparently, it's you that do not understand Christianity.

HOWEVER, whatever the religious background a person has in this country it's irrelevant to the fact no religion directs how the United States operates, The US Constitution does. Anton Scalia, Clarence Thomas, John Roberts and Samuel Alito the strict constructionists that they are should have their names in the majority agreeing the California Amendment is Unconstitutional. My personal stance still on this is WHY IN THE HELL SHOULD I CARE? The two people wanting to marry each other are adults. Someone said queers promote Rape and Pedophilia. The Federal Crime statistics don't show that at all. Divorce, Rape and Pedophilia are all dominated by Heterosexuals.

Me, I'm sticking with my wife in our monogamous heterosexual relationship because we are both heterosexuals and love each other. We were born and will die that way. Same should hold true for Homosexuals since they too were born the way they were.
LargeLanguage

Flint, UK

#72528 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOWEVER, whatever the religious background a person has in this country it's irrelevant to the fact no religion directs how the United States operates, The US Constitution does. Anton Scalia, Clarence Thomas, John Roberts and Samuel Alito the strict constructionists that they are should have their names in the majority agreeing the California Amendment is Unconstitutional. My personal stance still on this is WHY IN THE HELL SHOULD I CARE? The two people wanting to marry each other are adults. Someone said queers promote Rape and Pedophilia. The Federal Crime statistics don't show that at all. Divorce, Rape and Pedophilia are all dominated by Heterosexuals.
Homosexuality is not in the constitution yet, and paul ryan as well as rick santorum are politicians but yet oppose gay marriage. Why can't Obama? And what statistics contradict me kid?
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72529 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are making a Judgement. You say the President is not a Christian because he supports same sex marriage and I say that makes it impossible for any of the others to be Christian(see, we both just made a Judgement Call)! Just because they "PRAYED" prior to sending people to kill and be killed doesn't mean it was approved by God, it just means just like any gangster, they are were attempting to hedge their bet.
Here's another way of looking at it. Just because President Obama said he "has no problem with marriage between different sexes" doesn't mean he's not a Christian, it just makes him a SINNER like all of us from a Christian standpoint. So how does what he said differ from an adulterer, thief, false prophet or idol worshiper, ZERO because they are SINNERS TOO! Show me one person of the Christian that says they aren't a sinner and I'll show you someone that's a liar, sinner and a FOOL! Apparently, it's you that do not understand Christianity.
Me, I'm sticking with my wife in our monogamous heterosexual relationship because we are both heterosexuals and love each other. We were born and will die that way. Same should hold true for Homosexuals since they too were born the way they were.
WHEW..........we are ALL sinners. We are saved by the grace of God by believing in Him. If we believe in God (Jesus) we become Christians and that means we believe the Bible..........every word in it! The Bible says marriage between different sexes is wrong. Simple! That can't be too difficult to understand. A true Christian would not believe that marriage between people of the same sex is ok. Obama thinks it's ok! Therefore, he cannot call himself a Christian and mean it. Perhaps he doesn't know that is in the Bible, especially with his upbringing. The Bible says homosexuals will go to Hell unless they change their ways. I happen to believe the Bible, especially because it just is plain common sense.

We wonder why this world is in such a mess! Immorality is a big part of it and is becoming more every day. You say no religion directs how the U S operates. That is true, but I respect a President that prays that God will help him make his decisions.

I don't know Obama's heart but the only way to know what he thinks is by the things he says. If he is a true Christian, he needs to rethink what he said because that is definitely unchristian.

CHEERS!
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72530 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEW..........we are ALL sinners. We are saved by the grace of God by believing in Him. If we believe in God (Jesus) we become Christians and that means we believe the Bible..........every word in it! The Bible says marriage between different sexes is wrong. Simple! That can't be too difficult to understand. A true Christian would not believe that marriage between people of the same sex is ok. Obama thinks it's ok! Therefore, he cannot call himself a Christian and mean it. Perhaps he doesn't know that is in the Bible, especially with his upbringing. The Bible says homosexuals will go to Hell unless they change their ways. I happen to believe the Bible, especially because it just is plain common sense.
We wonder why this world is in such a mess! Immorality is a big part of it and is becoming more every day. You say no religion directs how the U S operates. That is true, but I respect a President that prays that God will help him make his decisions.
I don't know Obama's heart but the only way to know what he thinks is by the things he says. If he is a true Christian, he needs to rethink what he said because that is definitely unchristian.
CHEERS!
Since we all are sinners, that means even though we believe every word of the bible, people still sin. All true Christians are also sinners, so exactly what are you talking about?

TILT!
IToldYouSo

Saint Peters, MO

#72531 Dec 10, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is not in the constitution yet, and paul ryan as well as rick santorum are politicians but yet oppose gay marriage. Why can't Obama? And what statistics contradict me kid?
Why does he have to agree with Santorum and Ryan? Kid, the federal crime statistics do as well as the demographic of the typical Rapist and Pedophile.
cheers

Damascus, AR

#72532 Dec 10, 2012
INSANITY
LargeLanguage

Flint, UK

#72533 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we all are sinners, that means even though we believe every word of the bible, people still sin. All true Christians are also sinners, so exactly what are you talking about?
TILT!
There is a difference between sinning sometimes and living by the spirit and sinning and not living by him and departing and letting yourself sit inside sin.
LargeLanguage

Flint, UK

#72534 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does he have to agree with Santorum and Ryan? Kid, the federal crime statistics do as well as the demographic of the typical Rapist and Pedophile.
Calling me kid? So defensive but yet so defensless. What federal statistics?
I never said he to agree with the constitution. I was saying politicians rick and ryan don't support homosexuality so why would Obama be forced to?
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72535 Dec 10, 2012
IToldYouSo wrote:
<quoted text>
TILT!
I said, we are ALL sinners! I don't think you understand the concept of what I am talking about. As a Christian, myself, I would never, never say that I believe in homosexual marriage because it not a christian principle. You can't believe that is ok and call yourself a christian. The Bible says it is wrong. As a matter of fact, it very strongly says it is wrong and that if you live that way you will go to Hell.

Therefore, that affects the whole human race! It is not normal for a child to grow up in that environment. If everybody was a homo, there wouldn't be any children.

When we become saved (changed) we are still sinners but Jesus died on the Cross for all our sins......present, past and future, but that doesn't mean we go out and live like the devil either.

People want to have their cake and eat it too. It just doesn't work that way.

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72536 Dec 10, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling me kid? So defensive but yet so defensless. What federal statistics?
I never said he to agree with the constitution. I was saying politicians rick and ryan don't support homosexuality so why would Obama be forced to?
If Obama thinks homosexuality is ok, he needs to stop saying he is a Christian. Simple! The two don't mix!

CHEERS!
Norton

Overland Park, KS

#72537 Dec 10, 2012
cheers wrote:
INSANITY
It's called not understanding!

CHEERS!

Since: Feb 11

Columbia, MO

#72538 Dec 10, 2012
Governing Repuglican Style:

http://firedoglake.com/2012/12/09/of-cancer-a...

Republican Gov. Rick Perry and his cronies in and out of public office have diverted funds intended for cutting-edge cancer research into the campaign pockets of Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst. You read that right. Proceeds from millions in taxpayer-backed bonds awarded by the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) have fallen victim to corruption and cronyism. Cronies get the state money; the cronies give some of the money back to Perry and others.

The agency might better be named the Crony Capitalist Research Institute as searches for cancer prevention, treatment and cure are sacrificed to the feeble political ambitions of a few petty politicians and greedy plutocrats. It is hard to imagine a greater moral failing. Unless, of course, you remember that Perry and his cronies are the very same people fighting against the expansion of Medicaid and the creation of health care exchanges under the Affordable Care Act. People are going to get sick and die because of the actions of Perry and others. That is not hyperbole or political spin.
In a series of explosive articles, the Dallas Morning News has revealed that many of the grants went to Perry and Dewhurst’s allies and donors. The agency’s scientists that review grant proposals have resigned in protest. Those actions have already made the scandal news in international science journals like the well-respected Nature.

Amid calls for state and federal criminal investigations (I filed one of the state complaints under the auspices of Progress Texas PAC), agency officials are scrambling. Now it has been revealed that key emails among those officials have disappeared. That is a sign that evidence is being destroyed and that a coverup is underway.

The players involved include such stalwart Perry-ites as James Leininger and Jimmy Mansour. They have also been central players in the right wing’s nationwide effort to privatize public education. Even though he once held stock in a company that received CPRIT funding, Mansour remains chairman of the agency’s Oversight Committee. Other Oversight Committee members include Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and State Comptroller Susan Combs. Perry, Dewhurst and the Texas House Speaker appoint the others.

For his part, Speaker Joe Straus appears concerned and has ordered up a committee investigation of the scandal. But because of the deep involvement of the state’s top Republican officeholders and the power they wield over the Legislature, it is doubtful that anyone in state government will accomplish much.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#72539 Dec 10, 2012
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove the flood never existed then?
God caused the fish to vomit Jonah out. Your biblically illiterate. And how much proof you expect about one small person historically?
It was God's power who turned Lots wife into a pillar of salt, a supernatural act, not magic and random sonny.
Actually, there is no physical evidence to show that a flood of Worldwide scale ever occurred. Add to that the fact that the volume of water required to create such a flood is not available on the Earth. A rainstorm of the magnatude described in the Bible that would be capable of covering the entire Earth would have generated tremendous heat, destroying all life on Earth to boot.

The Biblical story is an allegory of the fate of evil people and the fate of those that are good and follow God. So far, no definitive evidence has been found to show that such a flood did occur and physics, biology and hydrology indicate that it couldn't have occurred.

Threats pending

#72540 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama thinks homosexuality is ok, he needs to stop saying he is a Christian. Simple! The two don't mix!
CHEERS!
Then how did you manage to call yourself Christian?
LargeLanguage

Flint, UK

#72541 Dec 10, 2012
1Watt Hermit wrote:
Governing Repuglican Style:
http://firedoglake.com/2012/12/09/of-cancer-a...
Republican Gov. Rick Perry and his cronies in and out of public office have diverted funds intended for cutting-edge cancer research into the campaign pockets of Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst. You read that right. Proceeds from millions in taxpayer-backed bonds awarded by the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) have fallen victim to corruption and cronyism. Cronies get the state money; the cronies give some of the money back to Perry and others.
The agency might better be named the Crony Capitalist Research Institute as searches for cancer prevention, treatment and cure are sacrificed to the feeble political ambitions of a few petty politicians and greedy plutocrats. It is hard to imagine a greater moral failing. Unless, of course, you remember that Perry and his cronies are the very same people fighting against the expansion of Medicaid and the creation of health care exchanges under the Affordable Care Act. People are going to get sick and die because of the actions of Perry and others. That is not hyperbole or political spin.
In a series of explosive articles, the Dallas Morning News has revealed that many of the grants went to Perry and Dewhurst’s allies and donors. The agency’s scientists that review grant proposals have resigned in protest. Those actions have already made the scandal news in international science journals like the well-respected Nature.
Amid calls for state and federal criminal investigations (I filed one of the state complaints under the auspices of Progress Texas PAC), agency officials are scrambling. Now it has been revealed that key emails among those officials have disappeared. That is a sign that evidence is being destroyed and that a coverup is underway.
The players involved include such stalwart Perry-ites as James Leininger and Jimmy Mansour. They have also been central players in the right wing’s nationwide effort to privatize public education. Even though he once held stock in a company that received CPRIT funding, Mansour remains chairman of the agency’s Oversight Committee. Other Oversight Committee members include Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and State Comptroller Susan Combs. Perry, Dewhurst and the Texas House Speaker appoint the others.
For his part, Speaker Joe Straus appears concerned and has ordered up a committee investigation of the scandal. But because of the deep involvement of the state’s top Republican officeholders and the power they wield over the Legislature, it is doubtful that anyone in state government will accomplish much.
And Obama didn't make voting fraud?
LargeLanguage

Flint, UK

#72542 Dec 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, there is no physical evidence to show that a flood of Worldwide scale ever occurred. Add to that the fact that the volume of water required to create such a flood is not available on the Earth. A rainstorm of the magnatude described in the Bible that would be capable of covering the entire Earth would have generated tremendous heat, destroying all life on Earth to boot.
The Biblical story is an allegory of the fate of evil people and the fate of those that are good and follow God. So far, no definitive evidence has been found to show that such a flood did occur and physics, biology and hydrology indicate that it couldn't have occurred.
Can you prove there was not enough water? You do know that the earth is about 90% water(As I recall).
IToldYouSo

United States

#72543 Dec 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I said, we are ALL sinners! I don't think you understand the concept of what I am talking about. As a Christian, myself, I would never, never say that I believe in homosexual marriage because it not a christian principle. You can't believe that is ok and call yourself a christian. The Bible says it is wrong. As a matter of fact, it very strongly says it is wrong and that if you live that way you will go to Hell.
Therefore, that affects the whole human race! It is not normal for a child to grow up in that environment. If everybody was a homo, there wouldn't be any children.
When we become saved (changed) we are still sinners but Jesus died on the Cross for all our sins......present, past and future, but that doesn't mean we go out and live like the devil either.
People want to have their cake and eat it too. It just doesn't work that way.
CHEERS!
So since Jesus died on the cross present, past and future even being a butthole surfer or saying butthole surfing is OK although a sin will be forgiven right? That's complete Mumbo Jumbo!

People steal, kill and covet too! In fact the only thing ever said to be written by gods on hand was the Ten Commandments. Everything else came as visions or written by someone else. Even Jesus Christ did not pen one word of the bible rather the New Testament is the result the followers of Jesus.

So I guess if the Supreme Court decides in favor of lesbians and back cheek lovers, your suddenly gonna wanna be with a man? Of course not, just like the entire country isn't going to suddenly be over run with homosexual families.

Think about it, every homosexual born in this world came from a heterosexual sex act. I'm sticking with my wife and my children will do what they think is best for them. Since my daughters both have boyfriends and have shown no indication they like women I'm n
LargeLanguage

Flint, UK

#72544 Dec 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Then how did you manage to call yourself Christian?
Why isn't he? He's definitely more rightious than you.
IToldYouSo

United States

#72545 Dec 10, 2012
Worried about it. And even I they were lesbians, I would not be disowning them since that would not be the "Christian" thing to do, NO?

Threats pending

#72546 Dec 10, 2012
1Watt Hermit wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it folks, you just can't argue with that. Not that's there not one iota of fact, it's just pointless to argue with an idiot.
Now that is bang on accurate.

We can still poke him with a metaphorical stick and get him all riled up though can't we?

Who is this new poster from Wrexham, UK? Is it an old poster using a proxy server or a stray idiot floating on the Topix sea? Can't argue with this person either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 30 min Slick 19,233
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr tim 2,866
Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 4 hr Obama Bitches 530
Where's Al Sharpton now? 5 hr well I never 13
Poll: 62% of White St. Louisans Think Michael B... 16 hr FedinIL 7
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 16 hr grave digger 303
MO August 3 Missouri Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Sat Obama Bitches 10,212
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis