Fatal Crash - Car Into Creek In O'Fallon, MO

Full story: Fox2Now 19
A car went off Highway 79 just south of Highway M near O'Fallon Missouri this afternoon and plunged into a nearby creek. Full Story
Marty Linson

Saint Peters, MO

#1 Aug 3, 2010
Uncle Gene. A legend to those that knew him and a myth to those that didn't. If you knew him you loved him. If you didn't know him you wished you had a guy like him in your life.

You will be missed!

Word from Corey is that he was slumped over the wheel of the car. Sure wish that was stated in the report.
Infusion227

United States

#2 Aug 3, 2010
My heart goes out to the friends and family of Eugene during this difficult time. Rest in Peace Eugene.
Jlynn

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Aug 4, 2010
Corey you did an amazing thing! I know that allot of people would have just kept going! Thank you for being an outstating citizen. You are a true hero! I'm glad that i can say something so good about someone i went to school with and about someone from our generation! WAY TO GO!
Pizza

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2010
It's Foristell, not Floristell. So sorry for Mr. Hollander and his family.
Edwardsville Woman

Lebanon, IL

#5 Aug 4, 2010
Thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.
Fallen

Jefferson City, MO

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Ok driving on the wrong side of the highway, almost hit several cars including mine. sound like a DWI driver, if so good that he only killed hiself.
ashes

Brighton, IL

#7 Aug 4, 2010
Fallen....
He could of had a heart attack or a stroke. Some people need to quit jumping to conclutions of a DWI. He was a good man. I understand that you may of been one of those who was almost hit, but sometimes, have a brain and think about the possibilities of what his situation was. Why do people automatically think negatively on things? Don't be so quick to judge.
involved

United States

#8 Aug 4, 2010
I was driving one of the vehicles he almost hit, it's like he was purposely driving in the wrong lane. (Even though I know he probably wasn't doing so puposely.) He wasn't swerving or anything, just in the wrong lane. He must have left the road just a second or two after we turned on M and lost sight of him. Turns out he was friends with people I know. My sympathy goes out to his family.
Deb Dell

United States

#9 Aug 5, 2010
Fallen wrote:
Ok driving on the wrong side of the highway, almost hit several cars including mine. sound like a DWI driver, if so good that he only killed hiself.
If I could hit you with all my power I have I would hurt you so bad I loved this man more than a big brother he was not a DRUNK and to say something like that when you do not even know the situation makes you lower than a worm. Only people like you are what makes this world so bad I was just diagnosed with cancer and if Gene would have to crawl threw fire he would do it to help me if he even knew someone elses life was in jeopardy he would of taken his own instead so shame on you and shame on anyone else who has taken this atitude I hope God see's fit to make you feel the pain we all do that loved Gene with all our hearts.
They do not care

North Little Rock, AR

#10 Aug 5, 2010
Deb Dell wrote:
<quoted text>If I could hit you with all my power I have I would hurt you so bad I loved this man more than a big brother he was not a DRUNK and to say something like that when you do not even know the situation makes you lower than a worm. Only people like you are what makes this world so bad I was just diagnosed with cancer and if Gene would have to crawl threw fire he would do it to help me if he even knew someone elses life was in jeopardy he would of taken his own instead so shame on you and shame on anyone else who has taken this atitude I hope God see's fit to make you feel the pain we all do that loved Gene with all our hearts.
I agree.Don't make it persona,they are just dumbass people who don't have a clue..
Charlie

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Aug 5, 2010
I don't normally post on here but I just can't take it anymore.
Ashes and Deb......It is "should have" NOT "should of". Also Deb you crawl "through" something.
Sorry, just a pet peeve.

My condolences to the family.

“Stercus accidit!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12 Aug 5, 2010
Poor man. My sincerest sympathies to his families and friends that visit this site. From reading your posts, he sounds like a pretty cool man.
Liberty

Maryland Heights, MO

#13 Aug 5, 2010
Charlie wrote:
Ashes and Deb......It is "should have" NOT "should of". Also Deb you crawl "through" something.
Sorry, just a pet peeve.
Charlie,
Not the right forum to finally choose to snap on grammar. Friends and family are grieving, public is showing concern...and you pick this place to make shallow-minded grammar corrections? Start a grammar blog; you don't have to use correct grammar to show you care.
Debbie

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Aug 5, 2010
My prayers are with the family.

It is so sad and hard to lose a family member.
God will take care of him.
reppik

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Aug 5, 2010
WHy do people greive on these forums? This place is full of the lowest low lifes on earth
Liberty

Maryland Heights, MO

#16 Aug 5, 2010
reppik wrote:
WHy do people greive on these forums? This place is full of the lowest low lifes on earth
Is that why you're on here? To prove that point?
Kelly

United States

#17 Aug 5, 2010
Charlie wrote:
Sorry, just a pet peeve.
Get a life if u have to correct everyone u have issues..
Chris

United States

#18 Aug 5, 2010
Charlie wrote:
Sorry, just a pet peeve.
Well i'm on my way down to St.Charles from Michigan for my family.. So would u like to meet up so u can explain to me why u feel the need to belittle my mother an others on here. Also u can learn me how to speak while i'm beatin ur A double hockey sticks!!!! Have a great day
Kelly

United States

#19 Aug 5, 2010
My uncle gene was the best man ever.. He was a POW for all of us. I will never forgot my god father =) RIP I love u =)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 8 hr BrownWino 5,562
where to find opiates (Apr '12) Sun Ozark Mountain Da... 18
Ferguson man charged with shooting same man 2-y... Sun JacobBales 7
Topless women weekend Sat Ladonna C 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Observer 19,589
Gay marriage comes to Missouri. Wait ... what? Sat Rick in Kansas 127
Furor past, Ferguson seeks to move on 'one bric... Fri M Luther Troll 7
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?