The TSA Confiscates Play-Doh

Full story: Fox2Now

A TSA screener in New Orleans confiscates a Wildwood three-year-old's favorite toy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of164
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mike K

Medinah, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

This TSA is becoming a bigger joke than it has been from the beginning. It is nothing more than theatrical security, it is there to make the simple minded feel safe. I fly 3 times a week and the silly things I see the TSA doing that add absolutely nothing to our safety. Yes maybe they keep the crazies off the planes but not the serious teorists. Get real -- do white 70 year old ladies in wheel chairs need to have body searches..No blankets or bathroom 1 hour before landing - what next they will have us all hand cuffed to the seats for the entire flight! Start looking for TERROISTS and forgot who's feeling we hurt.
Darth Madre

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

Thank you TSA! I feel so much safer now that the toddler had his Play-Doh conviscated! Idiots...
brian

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

play-doh company, you want to step in here and send this family some product?
Engineer24

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Since I travel on commercial airlines myself I feel much better that the TSA took the kids playdough away from them. What a joke this is becoming. I wish they would concentrate on picking out the young male muslim or anyone with a name like this instead of picking on grandma and grandpa and now the kids. There is criteria that would target certain individuals that don't buy roundtrip tickets, have no luggage and look to possibly be from a terroist country but they target the wrong people and make it difficult to travel by air. I heard an american muslim state they were picking on his people on TV last night to which I say too bad. They sure picked on Japanese Americans duting WW11 and since this is war too bad. They need to do more profiling as they are picking on the wrong people and I want a safe aircraft as much as anyone else.
copperhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

play-doh should be added to the pohibited list i am surprised it is not already prohibited
Karen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

This is rediculious, if they want to confiscate items that are not on the list of things your not allowed to bring, the parents should be reimbursed!
Family of 4 planning to blow up a plane with Play- Doh, give me a break !!! Could we have some REAL security please !!!
Doggie

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

I've worked with TSA since it started and we have never allowed Play Doh past the checkpoints. Someone is not being mean or cruel but trying to be safe for everyone-so stop trying to make or create news where there is no story. We are always on the lookout for explosives or weapons-we are in a constant state of training as opposed to other airports. I got on with TSA to prevent another 9-11 and I remember the wild days of the 60's and the 70's...
Ky Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

I'm sorry your children lost their play doh, but you should have realized yourself, that it appears too much like explosives. Pack every and anything that gives the appearance (and you want to keep) in your checked luggage. Yes, it Christmas and maybe allowances could be made, but that is also what those that want to harm us know also.
Hello01

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

They probably would not have conficated the play-doh from someone who was of arab descent. That would have been profiling.
Ninehour

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

That's really tragic for a child to have to give up his Gram's gift. Fools in New Orleans have the most lax security of anywhere I've flown, and I fly frequently. I know, because I'm from New Orleans area. Whomever it was that decided by his/her "discretion" has a small child that loses or breaks a favorite toy ..... then they will know what it's like for the child.
stopandthink

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

This makes the TSA as a whole look quite foolish. One would think that given the technology of today, a "highly trained" person working for the TSA should be able to determine fairly quickly the difference between a plastic explosive and PlayDoh. I know they have machines at airports that test for residue of explosive elements and PlayDoh isn't going to trigger that. When I flew overseas in 2007, they confiscated the peanut butter of a fellow traveler of mine. You can guess what they were selling in the airport store after the security checkpoint: same brand, same individual containers. I would bet at least one of those airport stores sells PlayDoh, too. At inflated prices, of course.
Engineer24

Fenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

I have to reply to the man who says he is with the TSA. If you look at the caliber of the average person working for the TSA you would find that most are not that brilliant. Most could never even be considered for a Police officers job. Most have no more credentials than rent a cops but yet our government hires them. The TSA is a JOKE. I know of one who worked at a local company that took a job with the TSA and he was one sandwich short of a picnic.
Danja

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

This is ridiculous!
Susan

Woodside, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Why do you need 20 cans of play Doh on a flight?
Jgive

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

These people are complaining about security when obviously they've never seen C4, plastic explosive. Well, C4 looks just like play doh if someone were to use food dye. So at least TSA did something right this time. Just wait til the full body scanners are allowed at every single airport.
PhillyRocks

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Just put it in your underwear, they won't find it.
Dave L

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Oh no, the taliban infiltrated our american pre-schools, Think of the children....the children.
Play doh TSA, Seriously? They couldn't keep there security handbook off the internet but taking a 3yr olds play doh is top priority. Our security is always at risk when you have minimum wage workers checking us in at the airport.
duales

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

the problem was not specifically the play-doh but more of the fact that 20 cans of play-doh is a little suspicious. this should not be news, the family should have thought that through especially with the heightened security around the Holiday. i work with the TSA and people complain about the little bit of hassle that comes from trying to keep people safe.
JMHO

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Susan, it was a gift from the Children's Grandmother. Obviously, knowing how well play doh keep's the kids occupied she made the choice to bring it on the plane so they could play with it during the flight and keep it occupied.

The racial profiling I see here...WOW. You guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I am a white Caucasian woman, but I would never dream of profiling like you seem to do. Granted, our safety is at risk thanks to the attempted attack Christmas Day, but to say that every "raghead" shouldn't be allowed on a plane is ridiculous. It's not ALL Muslims (which is, but the way, a peaceful religion, it just has zealots, like any OTHER religion has) that are out to kill American's, and to group them all together is wrong.

Regarding TSA...it's good to hear that they won't let play doh on board a plane...but they allow a man who had been tagged as a possible terrorist fly...good golly do I ever feel safe now!
Mike

Berkeley Heights, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Doggie, it sounds like you would have been more happy working for the German government in 1941 then for the U.S in 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of164
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the St. Louis Forum right now

Search the St. Louis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,098
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Cool-Hand-Luke 18,501
James L. Walker 3 hr Nene 9
Why do white men love asian women? (Jan '11) 4 hr Crow 45
God Does Not Approve Gays or Lesbians 5 hr God Will Not Accept Gays 11
You Will Give Account To God For Your Life 5 hr You Will Give Account 1
you are not god = you will answer to god 5 hr YOU ARE NOT GOD 1
•••

Flood Warning for St Louis County was issued at July 13 at 9:18PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs