"Wanna Get High?" Asks Mayor Slay in ...

"Wanna Get High?" Asks Mayor Slay in Poll About Marijuana Legalization

There are 4 comments on the River Front Times story from Jan 13, 2014, titled "Wanna Get High?" Asks Mayor Slay in Poll About Marijuana Legalization. In it, River Front Times reports that:

The mayor's office wants to know what St. Louisans think about legalizing marijuana, so they put out a poll and the results aren't surprising: people want it legalized.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at River Front Times.

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 13, 2014
Wanting to get high and seeing the negative effects and futility of the drug war are not the same thing.

Saying "the prohibition of marijuana is not stopping people from using and we might as well legalize so we can tax and regulate it" is not the same thing as "I wanna get high."
O yea

Wentzville, MO

#2 Jan 13, 2014
Agree .....along with recognizing the medical value and relief it gives alot of people

Osage Beach, MO

#3 Jan 13, 2014
To get around the black market issue, sell licenses to smoke. A thousand dollars a year (or some other agreeable sum) could be charged to those wishing to partake. This would be their get out of jail free card. If you dont have said card, you still go to jail. Sort of like a drivers license. But setting people up for failure is the only thing that will be accomplished by decriminalizing weed. If a person wants to find a job, they will still have to pass a drug screen in 98 percent of the cases. We are just creating another welfare class.
Just sayn

Wentzville, MO

#4 Jan 14, 2014
Everyone I know that smokes has a job,kind of blows your theory dont you think ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Owns the Voting Machines 35 min Fix Is In 1
invaders m.c. at war with the h.a.? 2 hr Smokin Gun 28
Trump will put Joe with Bo 12 hr black panther 1
Need LIE'S or fixed Election results contact CBS 12 hr black panther 1
CBS = Crooked Broadcasting System Tue vetty 2
Gov Nixon="Entry level Job" Tue Veterinarian 1
Obamacare going up 22% --vote Democrat Tue Vet 2

St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance