Just Wondering

Noblesville, IN

#1 Jan 26, 2013
I was just wondering, how is the economy there?
Who do you think is the cause for our bad economy?
Shemp Howard

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Just like everywhere else, It sucks.
I guess you would have to blame the politicians since they are in charge of everything.
Godd

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2013
The origins are bad loans to people who don't know how to manage decent incomes and a president who stood to profit from wall street collusion to drastically raise the price of oil through speculation and insider trading tactics. Fuel costs drove up prices right away, then when fuel dropped by a quarter nothing came down, then as gas rose so did other goods, the same price increase added to the first one, all of which drove down consumer buying power, which snowballed the whole thing. People couldn't buy so people got laid off, more housing problems, loss of constructioon contracts, less spending, more layoffs, stagnating pay for 10 years. Add that to the get rich quick attitude upper management in many industries display at the expense of fair treatment of labor and long term sustainability without drastic cutbacks and you've got an economic disaster that the idiot in chief thinks can be solved with cheap mexican labor from open borders and by expanding welfare rolls 100% or more and by giving money to billionaires. Good luck, idmove to canada ifit was warmer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RAMS just lost a fan ! 1 hr KKK 17
Whites Should Boycott Sports 1 hr Yes it is me 5
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 15 hr squeezers 431
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Will Racism EVER Stop? I NEED UR FEEDBACK PLEAS... 20 hr Chadly74 13
White Minority Governs Black Majority Ferguson 20 hr Chadly74 3
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 23 hr tom carter 31694 n 5,418
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:10 am PST

NBC Sports 8:10AM
Chandler Catanzaro kicks way to NFC special teams honors
NBC Sports 8:20 AM
De'Anthony Thomas garners AFC special teams player of the week honors
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Offseason Should Start with Trading for Cutler
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?
Bleacher Report 5:58 PM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick