Old Cop

Arnold, MO

#22 Nov 23, 2012
Whitey wrote:
How many years did Chris sandy for the do hacks murder?
I think 25 years.

Since: Oct 12

saint Louis

#23 Nov 23, 2012
Lynnie wrote:
Does anyone remember a mass murder in South St. Louis City where
a son returned from California, killed his parents, then went to the
each of his siblings places of employment and killed them? This happened
during the 80's. Apparently son had financial problems and killed family
members for insurance pay out.
I recall Emory Futo ... Killed his parents . Don't recall anything about Killing siblings
sara

United States

#24 Nov 24, 2012
Old Cop wrote:
<quoted text>I was the homicide detictive working on that case involving Christoper and Sherry
i can be reached at BikerBubba@AOL.com
what's the story here I remember hearing my parents talking about it but would hush when I walked in the room.
Old Cop

Arnold, MO

#25 Nov 24, 2012
sara wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the story here I remember hearing my parents talking about it but would hush when I walked in the room.
They were charged and convicted of the homicide of the manager of Dohack's which was located at Lemay Ferry and Lindburgh.
Retired

United States

#26 Dec 1, 2012
I knew to Chris Sandy's father. He was married to a friend of mine (she was not Chris' mother) They were in Europe on vacation when Chris was arrested for murder, and had to cut short their trip to return home. My friend was shocked to find out that the murder weapon had been in their bedroom closet(where Chris had replaced it following the murder)for some months.

Chris never gave a good reason for why they decided to rob the restaurant. He certainly didn't need the money. It was an impulsive act that tragically cost a woman her life, and put Chris, who was 17 at the time, in prison for life. As far as I know, he is still in prison. His appeal in 1994 for a mistrial was denied.

Chris has now been in prison for 27 years, and is around 44 years old. He has spent all of his adult life in prison. Apparently the owners of the restaurant are prominent in the community and whenever he has a chance for parole, they lobby for parole to be denied, and it has been.

I can understand their position. On the other hand, Chris was quite young when this happened and the murder was not intentional - he had his finger on the trigger when the woman started screaming he was startled and fired. His accomplice was behind the woman holding a knife to her throat. He could have just as easily hit his accomplice since their heads were so close to each other. I believe that he is telling the truth that the shooting was accidental. It is unlikely he would have intentionally tried to shoot the woman when there was such a high risk of shooting his accomplice instead.

I met him when he was about 12 and he seemed a shy, sweet kid. Not sure what happened in the intervening years that made him do something so incredibly stupid.
Old Cop

Arnold, MO

#27 Dec 1, 2012
Chris has been out of prision for some time now. Same with Sherry.
All your facts are correct except that one.
Retired wrote:
I knew to Chris Sandy's father. He was married to a friend of mine (she was not Chris' mother) They were in Europe on vacation when Chris was arrested for murder, and had to cut short their trip to return home. My friend was shocked to find out that the murder weapon had been in their bedroom closet(where Chris had replaced it following the murder)for some months.
Chris never gave a good reason for why they decided to rob the restaurant. He certainly didn't need the money. It was an impulsive act that tragically cost a woman her life, and put Chris, who was 17 at the time, in prison for life. As far as I know, he is still in prison. His appeal in 1994 for a mistrial was denied.
Chris has now been in prison for 27 years, and is around 44 years old. He has spent all of his adult life in prison. Apparently the owners of the restaurant are prominent in the community and whenever he has a chance for parole, they lobby for parole to be denied, and it has been.
I can understand their position. On the other hand, Chris was quite young when this happened and the murder was not intentional - he had his finger on the trigger when the woman started screaming he was startled and fired. His accomplice was behind the woman holding a knife to her throat. He could have just as easily hit his accomplice since their heads were so close to each other. I believe that he is telling the truth that the shooting was accidental. It is unlikely he would have intentionally tried to shoot the woman when there was such a high risk of shooting his accomplice instead.
I met him when he was about 12 and he seemed a shy, sweet kid. Not sure what happened in the intervening years that made him do something so incredibly stupid.
Retired

United States

#28 Dec 3, 2012
Hi Old Cop,

My friend has been divorced from Chris' father for some time (more than 20 years) but occasionally still speaks to her ex-husband. The last time she and I talked out Chris, he was still in prison, but that conversation would have taken place some years ago. Do you know what year Chris was released? She might not even be aware of it.

Thanks!
Old Cop

Arnold, MO

#29 Dec 3, 2012
I am thinking he has been out for about ten years already. Really do not know for sure however. If you are talking about Chris's mother, she knows he is out.
Retired wrote:
Hi Old Cop,
My friend has been divorced from Chris' father for some time (more than 20 years) but occasionally still speaks to her ex-husband. The last time she and I talked out Chris, he was still in prison, but that conversation would have taken place some years ago. Do you know what year Chris was released? She might not even be aware of it.
Thanks!
Old Cop

Arnold, MO

#30 Dec 10, 2012
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Barb,
You mentioned the name Jerry Roth. Was he somehow involved?
Please email me @ BikerBubba@aol.com
Vaguely familiar, I grew up in South County, went to Oakville for 9th grade, then to Mehlville (this was the one year that Mehlville didn't have a 9th grade, and Oakville didn't yet have a high school). Yeah, I know, I'm old lol.......when did these murders happen?
Barb,
You mentioned the name Jerry Roth. Was he somehow involved?
Please email me @ BikerBubba@aol.com
Old Cop

Winter Park, FL

#32 Jan 6, 2013
Chris Sandy is now Chris McGinnes and lives in Imperial, MO on Double Tree Ct
Michael

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Jan 27, 2013
barb wrote:
any one remeber the murder of pamela sue wright, by robert bullington.the dohacks murder on lindbergh by sherry chettle and christopher sandy and jerry roth,or the trisia blue murder by barry k baker
Christopher sandy lived in the house I live in now. Christopher is the one who shot Pamela, sherry and Christopher waited for Pamela to come outback and Christopher shot her in the head
Rob

United States

#34 Feb 2, 2013
does anybody remember the murder of Carl Eugene Dean in 1986 in Saint Louis Missouri?
Cracked

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Feb 5, 2013
decree wrote:
Does anyone remember a murder in the early 80's where a body with no head was found in an abandoned building in downtown St. Louis? Did they ever find out who the victim was and who committed the murder?
Was that the story of the little black child ? All the police had to go on was a sweater? It was never solved, the sweater was lost from what I read few years back , very sad tragic story , Some where someone was missing thier baby
A_Lee_A

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Feb 25, 2013
Whitey wrote:
How many years did Chris sandy for the do hacks murder?
He only served about 15 years.
A_Lee_A

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Feb 25, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text> Christopher sandy lived in the house I live in now. Christopher is the one who shot Pamela, sherry and Christopher waited for Pamela to come outback and Christopher shot her in the head
Actually, the victim was my grandmother, and her name is Leora Adams. Not Pamela.
A_Lee_A

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Feb 25, 2013
Retired wrote:
Not to play devil's advocate, but you may feel differently about what would have been considered "justice" in this case had Leora been your family. Regardless of age, he knew right from wrong. If you do not intend to kill someone, DO NOT bring a deadly weapon and put your finger on a trigger. That is my two cents. My family has never been the same since she was killed. Chris and Sherry getting to go on to lead their lives outside of prison seems unjust to me.
Daniel

Ballwin, MO

#39 Feb 26, 2013
Old Cop do you rememer a Murder that occurred in the 70's near Lafayette Square? From what I have been told the girl was around 15 and her name was Pat Sutterfield. Her daddy owned a garage near the city hospital. Apparently she had been tied to a chair and tortured to some degree before being killed and thrown into the river.

I am not sure how accurate the details are as for me it is all just heresay! Interesting discissions, as I live near where the old Dohacks used to stand on Lindbergh and Lemay.
His Rubidoux Neighbor

Moreno Valley, CA

#40 Mar 1, 2013
Griffin82 wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall Emory Futo ... Killed his parents . Don't recall anything about Killing siblings
Yes, I recall. There were 4 members of his family murdered. Parents and 2 siblings.
michelle

United States

#41 Mar 1, 2013
Old Cop wrote:
<quoted text>Chris has been out of prision for some time now. Same with Sherry.
All your facts are correct except that one.
do you remember when Allen Roberts. Aka shorty was shot ad killed everybody in the south side knew who did Do you remember the Roberts boy. From back then
mick

Nashville, TN

#42 Mar 3, 2013
Does anyone remember a high school kid that went to Chaminade that either killed his dad or his mother

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 41 min Joe 3,889
Wilson Cleared. whoo hooo 3 hr real talk 2
Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 3 hr no fatties 4 me 599
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 3 hr no fatties 4 me 377
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr UnderstandPeople 19,376
Police: More than 50 arrested in Ferguson protests 15 hr cancer suxs 38
Blacks have made their own bed Mon Chrobry 10
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match

St. Louis Jobs

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]