Analyst

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

A look at the discussion boards on ebay reveals thread after thread of unhappy buyers and sellers detailing numerous problems and a tense climate of fear and distrust pervades the threads. At least one online blog has begun monitoring the situation: ebayhorrorstories.wordpress.com
Fox Mulder

Maryland Heights, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Trust nobody
FormerEbayer

Lake Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Fox Mulder wrote:
Trust nobody
I got burned bad enough on ebay I got the hell out of there...
Moe

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

I bought a size 6 Derby on ebay it was so big I gave it to that cueball Curly.
StockTicker

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

The value of ebay stock is bound to be impacted as investors become aware of the myriad of problems created by bad ebay policies adversely affecting sellers. Here's a link to a stock trading website's analysis of ebay stock: www.wikinvest.com/Ebay_ (EBAY)Bears#reason810
Analyst

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Now with the advemt of ebay China and Global shipping, thousands of Chinese sellers are flooding ebay with cheap, shoddy made-in-China items at rock bottom prices, further undermining American ebay sellers and lowering the prestige of ebay as a site in the process.
NetBusiness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Ebay's flawed DSR system is driving a lof of small sellers off. Low DSR ratings left by a buyer adversely impact small sellers more severely and more quickly than they do high volume sellers.
Analyst

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

NetBusiness wrote:
Ebay's flawed DSR system is driving a lof of small sellers off. Low DSR ratings left by a buyer adversely impact small sellers more severely and more quickly than they do high volume sellers.
Ina Steiner at Ecommercebytes.com has written a number of excellent articles about this.
LegalAspects

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Ebay Sellers File Antitrust Lawsuit: www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y10/m12/i23/s0...
ConsumerWatch

Greenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

People are getting scared to buy stuff online anymore because of all the reports they see about buyers getting ripped off by scam artists. People are becoming much more cautious with how they make purchases, and traditional retail stores are making a big comeback as a result.
WorldMarket

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Chinese sellers flooding ebay with cheap mass produced items at rock bottom prices is undercutting American ebay sellers.
Ecommerce

Denton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Remember the old adage, "As long as they are making money, ebay doesn't care."
FormerEbayer

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Ina Steiner has a new article out on Ecommercebytes.com about ebay partnering with big retailers. This will also further squeeze out the little guy.
EbayMom

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

I'm upset. Why does ebay allow sexually explict material? I don't want my kids to stumble upon that, so i no longer allow them on ebay.
OnlineSeller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Etsy is becoming serious competition for ebay on certain levels. Nordstrom's is now an Etsy backer.
Ecommerce

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Ebay blocked, restricted, suspended, and outright banned some 15,000 sellers in their latest "purge" earlier this week. Google Suzanne Wells for the article about it.
NetSales

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Ecommerce wrote:
Ebay blocked, restricted, suspended, and outright banned some 15,000 sellers in their latest "purge" earlier this week. Google Suzanne Wells for the article about it.
Ina Steiner does too, called Ebay Confirms Crackdown at EcommerceBytes.com
FormerEbayer

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Ecommerce wrote:
Is this purge of 15,000 sellers part of ebay's so-called "disruptive innovation"?
LegalAspects

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Site visibilty for items is already an issue for many sellers, but it officially becomes an isue on October 26, 2013 whn the new user agreement update in which ebay HAS GRANTED ITSELF PERMISSION TO HIDE SELLERS' LISTINGS FROM VISIBILTY actually goes into effect. A number of sellers contacted the FTC (prior to the government shutdown) reporting this egregious action on ebay's part, because sellers have a REASONABLE EXPECTATION that their items will be presented for public viewing (that's why they put them on ebay to begin with, so they can be seen in order to sell them). Ebay denying the visibility of items usinfg undefined criteria constitutes TORTIOUS INTERFERENCE.
Ranuka

Phuket, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Ebay is a joke. i run the buisness akunar.com . i decided just to list some items on ebay not yet released to the public. i did everything better than anyone i had purchased from and had 100% feedback. they put in place rediculous demands and limits to slow me down. the problem is im motivated and when they realized i would be a power seller in no time i feel they shut me down. ebay is scarred that ebay will be asian run i think. fact is it is already. we make many parts for customers that only sell on ebay. i know many manufacturers personaly that make what is claimed to be made in the us.
i was told over the phone that a power seller in the US complained that we would hurt their sales. they didnt say it in somany words but thats the jist of it. i guess the consumers will suffer. we only planned to sell quality on ebay at wholesale prices.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 96,982
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 min Ancient One 18,830
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 13 min smarty pants 1,711
blaze aka smilesaka Rachael Jarvis 21 min good 2
Eric H. Holder Jr., in Ferguson, shares pain ov... 49 min Cat74 205
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 1 hr White Knight 222
Michael Brown's family prepares to say goodbye 2 hr Justshootthebastard 6
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••