Hypocrisy of Claire McCaskill and mai...

Hypocrisy of Claire McCaskill and mainstream media

Posted in the St. Louis Forum

Johnson

Florissant, MO

#1 Sep 12, 2012
From the New York Daily News
Rep. Kerry Gauthier will not seek re-election
ERIK ORTIZ
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
A disgraced Minnesota lawmaker who police say had oral sex in a rest stop with a 17-year-old boy admitted Wednesday to the “obvious tragic embarrassment” before ultimately declaring that he will not seek re-election.
Rep. Kerry Gauthier, 56, who represents the Duluth area in the state Legislature, had released an earlier statement defying Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party leaders by announcing he would stay in the race this fall. But, he had a change of heart, according to the Associated Press.
“I changed my mind,” he said.“Too much. It’s just too much.”
RELATED: REP. KERRY GAUTHIER IN SEX SCANDAL
Gauthier, who is unmarried and is gay, said in an earlier news release in which he vowed to stay in the race that he is a “chemically dependent person and has been in recovery for over 30 years with one relapse,” reported ABC affiliate KSTP.
The first-term legislator didn’t detail his “chemical” dependency nor indicate that he would leave office before January. He was hospitalized last week as the scandal broke, and told the AP that he overdosed on muscle relaxants in a suicide attempt.
“I also need to recommit myself to my sobriety program,” he said in his earlier statement.
He doesn’t plant to attend a Friday special session of the House of Representatives to vote on flood-relief aid for his district, which was affected in June by flash flooding.
“I just think it would be a distraction,” Gauthier told the AP.
Youtube Rep. Kerry Gauthier
In his earlier statement, he apologized to his family, friends and constituents who were blindsided by his rest stop rendezvous.
“I know I made a mistake and am determined to make amends as best I can. I am a better person than this incident would indicate and will try to demonstrate this with my future behavior,” Gauthier wrote.“I can change my behavior but I cannot change the fact that I am a gay man and have known so since I was in college. I simply must act as a mature gay man would act and not as this incident portrays me.”
According to police, Gauthier wrote an ad on Craigslist soliciting “no strings attached” sex, and met with a 17-year-old behind a Duluth rest-area building on July 22.
Authorities decided not to charge the lawmaker because the legal age of consent in Minnesota is 16 and no money was exchanged, according to reports.
The Duluth News Tribune said a trooper found Gauthier with the zipper of his pants down and part of his shirt hanging out.
After the scandal broke, Democractic leaders called for him to withdraw his re-election bid, although they didn’t call for him to step down as at least one prominent Republican has demanded.
State election officials have said Gauthier can’t be replaced on the ballot, which would mean a write-in campaign for a replacement that would be much harder to win.
With News Wire Services
[email protected]
Johnson

Florissant, MO

#2 Sep 12, 2012
Yeah. Never heard THAT in the news did you? Ya'll were too busy bashing the crap out of Todd Akin to read a little and find out that THIS was going on at exactly the same time.
Johnson

Florissant, MO

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Vote Akin. He may have said something stupid, but at least he isn't a child screwing addict like this lib, or even a worthless Obama worshipping acolyte like McCaskill. The problem is this: The country is screwed under the libs. We MIGHT NOT be screwed under the conservatives.

I want a least a CHANCE.
Big Johnson

Caruthersville, MO

#4 Sep 24, 2012
I may give Claire McCaskill my "big johnson" but she'll never get my vote!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 min anybody Anywhere 21,256
Alissa Frazier-Valdejo 7 hr Snowblower 5
CBS says you can,t say Merry Christmas 22 hr LIBERALS HAVE WON 2
St. Louis coalburners Sat Judith 11
Tokyo. Rose CBS loves Charlie rose Dec 7 Steve 2
Internet back to 1980 Dec 6 three blocks 1
A Fun Fact about Black People Dec 2 Blacks are lazy 15

St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Louis Mortgages