Red Box Movie Rental Lawsuit

Full story: Fox2Now

A Contact 2 "red alert" on the popular "Red Box" movie rental kiosks you see all over town.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
once

Park Hills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

There was one time we receiced an unplayable dvd, we simply called the company and they sent us free codes for additional rentals, and did not charge us for this one, we simply returned to the redbox as usual.
I think they are awesome.
Also, it was just recently that I experienced my first full redbox. I simply went into WM for a quick pick up, came back out and apparently someone had rented becasue I was then able to return my movie. No big deal.
Big Johnson

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Looks like Jules is just another crybaby!
terry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Let them eat cake wrote:
Just about every last one of you missed the point:
WHEN YOU TRY TO RETURN THE MOVIE THE MACHINE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO AND YOU ARE CHARGED ANOTHER DOLLAR FOR RENTAL.
PLEASE NOTE: THE MACHINE WILL NOW ALLOW YOU TO RETURN THE MOVIE. HENCE YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT FOR ANOTHER DAY AND ARE CHARGED ANOTHER DOLLAR.
EXAMPLE:
You rent a movie on Monday, watch it, and then try to return it on Tuesday but the machine denies you because it is full. Why should you have to pay for that? Now you're stuck with this movie until you get another chance to return it. This could be anything from 1 day to an additional week. All because Redbox could not handle their own volume of business?
Would you pay late fees if you tried to return a book to the library and they told you they were too busy to take returns today? I think not. But the library doesn't have your credit card number and bill you automatically like redbox either.
Do you have a job or just nothing better to do than comment on every single blog on this site? GEEEEEZZZZZZ...it is simple, return the movie and there is no late fee...don't return the movie THERE IS!!! Malfunctioning box...call customer service...very simple if you are able to read the terms and conditions...
terry

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

And if you don't like how the RedBox system works...DON'T GO...again, very simple solution to a very simple problem!!!
Richard

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

We have rented well over 350 movies from Redbox. We have had our problems such as, the redbox is full. Well we have two in our town. We try the second one, if that doesn't work. CALL THEM! Then we have had we were rented the movies online and went to go pick them up and the redbox is down. Again, CALL THEM! We have never gotten over charged. Most of the time when you call, they will give you free movie rental codes or just refund your money back to your card. I don't see why she kept the stupid movie that long? Why not go somewhere else, or try it again tomorrow. What's another dollar? Or just get another movie and put the movie that you seen back into the system! That woman doesn't deserve anything!
Richard

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Um that thing under my name is wrong! I don't live in O Fallon...We live in Cuba, MO!!
markb126

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Let them eat cake wrote:
Just about every last one of you missed the point:
WHEN YOU TRY TO RETURN THE MOVIE THE MACHINE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO AND YOU ARE CHARGED ANOTHER DOLLAR FOR RENTAL.
PLEASE NOTE: THE MACHINE WILL NOW ALLOW YOU TO RETURN THE MOVIE. HENCE YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT FOR ANOTHER DAY AND ARE CHARGED ANOTHER DOLLAR.
EXAMPLE:
You rent a movie on Monday, watch it, and then try to return it on Tuesday but the machine denies you because it is full. Why should you have to pay for that? Now you're stuck with this movie until you get another chance to return it. This could be anything from 1 day to an additional week. All because Redbox could not handle their own volume of business?
Would you pay late fees if you tried to return a book to the library and they told you they were too busy to take returns today? I think not. But the library doesn't have your credit card number and bill you automatically like redbox either.
You completely missed the point here. The machines very clearly state that you can return the DVD to any Redbox kiosk. Also the company's phone number and web address are on the kiosks as well so if you dont know where another machine is or don't have time to go to another machine, you can get in contact with them and they're willing to work with you from what other posters have said.

For instance, in the metro area, this woman could have walked into almost any McDonald's to find a kiosk to return her DVD. Then she could order some hot coffee, pour it on herself and then sue Mickey D's for a few more million.
Let them eat cake

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

terry wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a job or just nothing better to do than comment on every single blog on this site? GEEEEEZZZZZZ...
But yet you have time to read all my comments? Hypocrite much?
Jerico

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

tooter wrote:
stupid lawyers!
Give this lawyer a break! It's winter and he can't chase ambulances!
TAP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

What a waste of reporting efforts. Can we find something news worthy. This is what our country has become. Nobody is accountable for themself it is alays someone else fault.
Richard

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

TAP wrote:
What a waste of reporting efforts. Can we find something news worthy. This is what our country has become. Nobody is accountable for themself it is alays someone else fault.
You are right 100%!! Nobody ever wants to admit that they didn't read something all the way through, so lets just make it out to be someone's fault!!
Movie Viewer

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Try Netflix.... little higher in cost but great customer service
Mentally Tardated

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

people have been spoiled into thinking they don't need to follow rules anymore, just hire an attorney. No one is wrong anymore, it's always someone else. This entitlement issue mindset is growing out of control by leaps and bounds.
MATT

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Big Johnson wrote:
Just another idiot wanting something for nothing. Thats whats wrong with this country too many idiots wanting to sue and too many stupid attorneys willing to take this kind of case.
They evidently can not READ. If someone would be kind enough to read the terms of service to them they would probably drop it!
HEY BIG JOHNSON!
MY NAME IS MATT, I'M A REPORTER WITH ACTION NEWS IN JACKSONVILLE...DO YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS? WE'RE WORKING ON A STORY ABOUT THIS.
MSAFFER@ACTIONNEWSJAX.COM
Michael

Defuniak Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

I returned a movie but it didn't show that I did the return. I called after finding out it was still coming out of my account. They were very rude and it took over a month to get my money back. I DID NOT receive a free movie or even a simple I'M SORRY. If the customer service center showed a little more respect I wouldn't have been so upset especially when I was trying to be understanding of the situation. I did warn all my family and friends. On the other hand $1 not bad for a movie. I do like that I can rent and return in another location. I know accidents happen but they did not get in a hurry and I waited the 10 days they said it would take to get a tech out. Then I was told it would be another 10 days they hadn't sent anyone out yet. I haven't rented since just because of the way I was treated. Improve the customer service and if they don't want to deal with the public find another job!
America Got IDIOTS

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

They should come with a new show America Got Idiots, People when you rent from any rental place at that point you are accepting their rules so before you do so READDDD so you dont have to come to this point of STUPIDITY. If you are willing to pay $300 dollars an hour fand wait month for this to end, dont come here saying that you cant spend 30 minutes over phone to get you $1 credit back. PLEASEEEE

AMERICA GOT IDIOTS.......
See

Luling, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

They charged me 52 bucks for movies that I returned. Good for you if it never appended to you, but your shitty attitude is retarded because you are not in our shoes.
fed up

Lebanon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Its unbelievable how many people on this thread couldn't grasp the problem. Red box is crap anyway. I've given up rentals because of it, they're all my small town has now because redbox ran the small shop we had out, now, no special features, our redbox WON'T LET YOU RETURN MOVIES A FULL HALF OF THE TIME, and there IS NO "OTHER" one to return to. Then it simply stopped accepting my debit card that works EVERYwhere else. Screw redbox.
realy

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Come on guys, its a machine, we all know the possibilities it could be full or fail. Do you expect redbox to provide a machine that has infinite storage for dvd returns? because if you do then you are an idiot because there is no such thing as infinite storage. If its too inconvenient for you to find another redbox, then maybe you should be going to a STORE and not a kiosk.Or you could wait by the machine until someone rents a dvd (might take days). Also, I have had the machine not take my dvd before, all I did was call the number on the machine and the people on the phone forced the machine to take my dvd. Once again if you think this is too much of an inconvenience then go rent your movies from a STORE. Thats like complaing you got a late fee because the store was closed when you returned your movie (instead of using the inconvenient night drop box). If there are not any stores around you, then don't complain because they are offering you a service no one else is willing to offer you. If redbox is charging you for DVDs you did not rent, then contact them and ask for a refund, if they refuse then contact the bank and ask for a chargeback. Its more likely someone has COPIED your card and used it to rent a movie than redbox is fraudulently charging their customers. I have never heard of anyone being charged for a movie they did not rent. I hope the people who are sueing end up paying redbox for the attorney fees. If you don't like a business then stop using them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the St. Louis Forum right now

Search the St. Louis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 46 min Kallark27 17,774
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Dumb Ass Liberals 92,175
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 16 hr concerned citizen 12 18,910
St. Louis Craigslist Casual Encounters (Mar '11) 17 hr big d 119
St.Louis Remembers The Lost Shipment Of Cocaine ! 21 hr Reply2_CIA 4
Missing you Sat Just me 1
tryin to smoke tonight Sat Sneaky Pete 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••
•••
•••