Anthony M

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

What a shame that Ms Autria Finley of the St Louis Claims division of the US Postal Service refuses to HONOR or even REPLY to my insurance claim.

The Postal Service destroyed an expensive projection machine of mine last year and now refuses to honor my insurance claim of $1000.

Even though the package was returned with a label that stated "DAMAGED IN POSTAL SYSTEM" Ms Finley refuses to honor my insurance claim. Why?

Does anyone know how I can make the USPS honor my claim? I have undeniable proof that the USPS destroyed the machine but they wont honor the insurance claim.
Mr Phels

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

You might try suing them in federal court. What you have done by posting her name here on topix is a good way to get her name in various search engines. Good luck pal.
Imo

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2011

Write a letter to the post master. Arrange a meeting with the postmaster - present your letter and evidence to him/her.

I had a problem, used this tactic and things were resolved.
HLockhart

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

I too am having the SAME problem. They damaged a laptop of mine that had $400 insurance on it and they also sent me a letter stating they damaged it. They denied my first claim and have been waiting since April. Still no news on the appeal.

This is criminal! You can email me at hilary(at) aplusnanniesinc.com

Did that so spam would not get me.
Ummmm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Just curious, if you have proof, what are they basing their "denial of claim" on? Did they give you a reason?
Useful Info

Centre, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

here is the phone number to the Missouri office where This Autria Finley is located.(866) 974-2733 and her email is afinley@email.usps.gov
Hope this helps! We too are having issues with this woman!!!
Ummmm

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

I have had 3 different things over the last 4 years damaged by the USPS.......every single time, the claim was denied for one reason or the other. All were shipped TO me, not from me, all were clearly damaged by the post office. I refuse to even bother with purchasing insurance any longer, it's worthless. Anything I ship, I use FEDEX or UPS only, at least they care.
lorrin koshi

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

The post office sucks!! I bought a vintage collectible nakamichi compact disk player and it arrived DOA on arrival.I filled the insurance and USPS denied it.before I bought it,a friend of mine went to check out the unit in Alhambra.he told me the unit not only sound great but looked new.after it arrived,I had it looked at by a service electronic tech.he told the unit must have been hit hard.he also wrote a note to the post office.claim denied!!!
lorrin koshi

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Please note:this is not the first time the post office has denied an insurance claim with me.PS,its amazing to me how quickly the post office takes your money for insurance and never asks question.I would bet that thousands and thousands of people get ripped off every year!!! My email address is lorrinkoshi@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for St Louis County was issued at August 21 at 3:44AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

St. Louis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

St. Louis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

St. Louis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in St. Louis