With Obama's election, African-Americ...

With Obama's election, African-Americans are celebrating the possibilities.

There are 20 comments on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch story from Nov 6, 2008, titled With Obama's election, African-Americans are celebrating the possibilities.. In it, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that:

At 101 years old, Virgie Hart thought she would never live to see the day a black man would become president of the United States.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

froggytoes

United States

#1 Nov 8, 2008
If she lives another year or two, she'll see The Second Great Depression thanks to Obama's incompetance and inexperience.

“Man in Black”

Since: Aug 08

United States of America

#2 Nov 9, 2008
When are you people going to stop Whining and Crying about losing? What a bunch of crybabies!

Whaaaaaaa!
Depression Issue

Fenton, MO

#3 Nov 9, 2008
The depression will stem from the George W. Bush era. Hopefully Obama can curve this depression. Perhaps Obama can take some of the wealth from his new taxation policy from the people who voted Bush in and use it to minimize the impact of the war and the down turn of the economy.
dog1302

Foristell, MO

#5 Nov 14, 2008
Lets face it, the problem started before Bush. Remember Clinton. You even hear hard core libs say it. Obama won and lets support our new President. These are times that we should stand together and make sure our voices are heard.
ChupaChupa

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Nov 15, 2008
Umm.. the better man won. =)
Sureitwas

United States

#7 Nov 15, 2008
dog1302 wrote:
Lets face it, the problem started before Bush. Remember Clinton. You even hear hard core libs say it. Obama won and lets support our new President. These are times that we should stand together and make sure our voices are heard.

Actually,, it started even before Clinton, anyone remember Reagan? as much as conservatives hate to admit it most of our economical problems can be blamed on the right wing ideology of supply-side economics
XED of TLE

Jackson, TN

#8 Nov 24, 2008
Rabid Dog wrote:
When are you people going to stop Whining and Crying about losing? What a bunch of crybabies!
Whaaaaaaa!
No different than you democrats whining and crying when kerry lost.
Duh

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Nov 25, 2008
Barack Hussein Obama II is NOT a black man, or an african american, or a N__R. He is an oreo with a white mother that he hates along with all white people. This is odd since his dead-beat father left him at a young age and his mother set him up with her parents.

All this 'first black pres' stuff is hilarious.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#10 Nov 27, 2008
Duh wrote:
Barack Hussein Obama II is NOT a black man, or an african american, or a N__R. He is an oreo with a white mother that he hates along with all white people. This is odd since his dead-beat father left him at a young age and his mother set him up with her parents.
All this 'first black pres' stuff is hilarious.
Yep sure is

http://ie.youtube.com/watch...

United States

#12 Dec 2, 2008
WTF. Who care, he sucks just as much as McCain or any other politician.
midgee

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Dec 3, 2008
I believe Clinton signed the papers allowing credit to families who could not afford it. His party pushed it
Fourth Amendment

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#14 Dec 3, 2008
Get a grip people. There isn't much difference between the Republicrats or Democans.

As long as the Federal Reserve wields their power without having to answer anyone this country will continue on a downward spiral.
justdont

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jul 5, 2009
froggytoes wrote:
If she lives another year or two, she'll see The Second Great Depression thanks to Obama's incompetance and inexperience.
You mean thanks to Bush's INCOMPETANCE! Obama is just trying to figure out how in the hell he can fix 8 years of all the shit Bush let happen! It's funny how some one can say they will make abortion illegal and not even carry out with it he had 8 years to do that! AnD why because he new he would get the popular vote. Behind americans backs he was just screwing us over!
No Longer A Dem

Salyersville, KY

#16 Aug 16, 2014
I supported Obuma and I am sorry I did. Why? Because he is in way over his head. He cares a lot more about golf that about the good of our country.

Lord help us.
st louis

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Sep 2, 2014
Voted for the idiot myself.He is not trying to (fix) anything. Just screws it up worse.
Justshootthebast ard

Okmulgee, OK

#18 Sep 2, 2014
st louis wrote:
Voted for the idiot myself.He is not trying to (fix) anything. Just screws it up worse.
Didn't vote for him either time, but I honestly don't think anyone would have made a difference! When you have 51% of American public on some form of Fed money,(including Earned SS) leaves 49% working to pay the bills! Only gets worse from here.
Maple Resident

Bedford, OH

#19 Sep 2, 2014
ChupaChupa wrote:
Umm.. the better man won.=)
You mean the black man was 'planted' into the Whitehouse.
Amused

Saint Peters, MO

#20 Sep 3, 2014
No Longer A Dem wrote:
I supported Obuma and I am sorry I did. Why? Because he is in way over his head. He cares a lot more about golf that about the good of our country.
Lord help us.
Except he's taken about half of the vacation days as "W" did(during a war and collapsing economy). You can look that up on W's Library website.
Mugsy

United States

#21 Sep 3, 2014
Rabid Dog wrote:
Whaaaaaaa!
The day Obama stops blaming others for his profound incompetence.
Mugsy

United States

#22 Sep 3, 2014
Sureitwas wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually,, it started even before Clinton, anyone remember Reagan? as much as conservatives hate to admit it most of our economical problems can be blamed on the right wing ideology of supply-side economics
Anyone remember the second worst president in the history of this country next to Obama named Carter. Needless to say, liberal policies never work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Mike torres 20,504
invaders m.c. at war with the h.a.? 10 hr RATT 21
Serial Robber caught=More Black violence 11 hr Black Panther 1
Shoots fired everyday=More BLACK Violence 17 hr Black Panther 1
Koster/Nixon the standdown people Thu Black Panther 1
Democrat Prosecutor's & Judge's="Probation" Thu Black Panther 1
Vote Democrat=Men in YOUR Daughters restroom Aug 23 Black Panther 1

St. Louis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

St. Louis Mortgages