Dispute Over Inmate's Death in Pine Lawn

Full story: Fox2Now 36
A mother in North St. Louis County is crying out for justice after her son dies in a Pine Lawn jail cell. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Familiar

Dubuque, IA

#21 Oct 2, 2009
I have know Chief of Police, Ricky Collins, for a long, long time. Even back to high school. He was ignorant then and it seems like not much has changed. He hides behind his brother Joe Collins' shadow and has gotten away with rape, hitting a woman and her daughter in a head on collision in a school parking lot because he was driving like a maniac, misusing and inmates and people in general because of his badge. Every officer in Pine Lawn needs to be investigated, even and including Mayor Caldwell. How can anyone with the criminal backgrounds that these officer have be the ones appointed to "protect and serve."
teyesbm

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Oct 7, 2009
AMEN FAMILIAR!
sickofit

Hiram, GA

#23 Oct 8, 2009
They have coward for mayor Sylvester “Sly Cat” Caldwell and known rapist as Police Chief Rickey Collins who is doing the all the dirty work for the mayor.

The mayor’s secretary even resigned because she did not want to be apart of their corruption and schemes.

Pine Law has been stealing money from not only the residents but they have always over charged taxes to the hard working merchants who are trying to run their businesses.

It is also a known fact that most drivers go out of their way to avoid driving through Pine Lawn due to all their sobriety stops; just another way for them to collect money from the law abiding citizens.

Someone needs to put a stop this corruption before there is another mysterious “Murder” suicide in the Crime Lawn jails!!
realist

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Oct 26, 2009
regardless of how corrupt the chief is. use your head. how could a beating be ruled as a suicide. who do yall think makes that judgement? the police department? its called "THE ST. LOUIS COUNTY CORONER"!!!!! do you seriously think stl county is on ricky's side? they damn well know how he is! and who the hell is "sicko fit"? did you get your education? from the streets? youre no better then collins himself! God forbid the police dept post a dwi check point! for all you pine lawn locals that have children, thank your local police officer when your child doesnt die from from a drunk driver smashing into your vehicle flinging your child into the middle of the street at 60 mph head first! for that matter thank them when one of your loved ones not getting shot or overdosing in the streets, because a cop "harrassed" a drug dealer! maybe some people should start taking responsibility for their own actions. what happened to that young man in the jail is sad but how the hell did yall come up with that ridiculous conclusion??? use your head!!! and stop blaming everybody else. oh yeah and instead of harrassing police officers as their walking into work TRY GETTING A FREAKIN JOB!!!!
realist

Saint Louis, MO

#25 Oct 26, 2009
AFTER READING ALL THE B.S. THAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN ON THIS TOPIC IT HONESTLY REVEALS HOW IGNORANT SOME PEOPLE ARE. DONT GET ME WRONG, ONLY A MORON WOULD SAY, THERE ARE NO CORRUPT COPS. BUT HONESTLY, I PERSONALLY HAD A SHORT STAY IN THE LOVELY PINE LAWN JAIL. THERES A STEEL GRID FOR A CEILING. AND DONT YOU THINK THAT IF THIS MAN WAS BEATEN SOME OF THE OTHER INMATES WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERVIEWED. TO CLEAR SOMETHING ELSE UP PINE LAWN DOESNT HAVE JUMP SUITS. YOU SHOW UP THERE WEARING SWEATS, YOU STAY THERE WEARING SWEATS. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!!! STOP WATCHING T.V AND BELIEVING EVERYTHING RAPPERS SAY IN THEIR SONGS! BY THE WAY SOMEBODY IN THE PREVIOUS STATEMENTS WAS KNOCKING SOMEBODY ELSE FOR POSSIBLY HAVING A HIGHER EDUCATION LEVEL??? REALLY?? I GUESS THATS A BAD THING TO YOU? WHATS NEXT R U GOING TO START BLAMING TEACHERS IF LITTLE JOHNNY GETS AN ASS WHOOPIN FROM ANOTHER STUDENT? IT MAY BE AN INSIDE JOB!! GET REAL PEOPLE! THIS GOES FAR BEYOND THE SUICIDE. MAYBE YOU SHOULD START PROTESTING DRUG DEALERS DEALING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET OR DISRESPECTFUL KIDS TALKING TO GROWN UPS THE WAY THEY DO. IF I WOULD OF TALKED TO AN ADULT THE WAY THESE KIDS DO NOW MY FATHER WOULD HAVE MADE SURE I COULDNT SIT FOR A FEW DAYS. MAYBE THOSE OF YOU THAT WANNA TAKE OVER THE CORRUPTNESS IN YOUR CITY SHOULD GO STAND IN FRONT OF THE HOUSES OF THOSE PARENTS THAT HAVE 6 YEAR OLDS STIRRING UP CRAP AND MOMMY AND DADDY SAY MY CHILD CAN DO NO WRONG! THERES YOUR PROBLEM. I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOU MAY NOT CARE FOR WHAT I SAY BUT ITS THE DAMN TRUTH!! KEEP BITCHING ABOUT THOSE THAT TRY TO HELP. SEE HOW FAR THAT GETS YOU!! OR MAYBE TRY **** JOINING THEM TO GET THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!**** HELLO!!!!!!!!!!
Celia

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Nov 16, 2010
Pine Lawn is shit. I've unfortunatly been in trouble for several traffic violations and never have I been stuck in an institue they call Pine Lawn. I'm a young white female, the only one in the holding cells, i might add. Needless to say, Pine Lawn deffinently does not discrimanate by any racial means. The holding area smells like a pound, where some of the inmates were held without shower for weeks. I was immediatly placed in an orange jump suit and a cell no larger than my closet with 3 other inmates with only a metal bench to sit on. Two of us slept on the cold concrete floor while I prayed to be transfered to my next stop, that might have a toilet and bed, to pay a bond and go home. The officers were very rude and ignored any questions we had about posting bond or being transfered. I even asked for water with the reply, "sure, but it might be hot because no one filled up the jug today." really? Pine Lawn should be further investigated on their rudimentary holding systems.
red bone

El Monte, CA

#28 Jun 5, 2013
When it's all said and done joe collins and Ricky collins are bad cops I was chárged with phone harssment when I called to speak with the mayor the officer called my job back Who I was making a complain about my bound was $300 for leaving a message for the mayor. Then in pawn lawn I get pulled over everything was right on my car the Officer talkin bout my temps was fake they took them gave me four tickets the jugde needs to be removed as well came to court with all the same paper work the car dealer gave me so the judge charged me with parking on the wrong side of the street $125 bull shit. Ricky gave my temps back a month before my court date but kept those false charges on me. I been living in pawn lawn for years all the police officers are not the same epps the only One listen and don't take things personal. If you gone charge ppl give them the charges that's due to them. I'm glad they fired him.
Onedumbcoon

United States

#29 Jun 5, 2013
red bone wrote:
When it's all said and done joe collins and Ricky collins are bad cops I was chárged with phone harssment when I called to speak with the mayor the officer called my job back Who I was making a complain about my bound was $300 for leaving a message for the mayor. Then in pawn lawn I get pulled over everything was right on my car the Officer talkin bout my temps was fake they took them gave me four tickets the jugde needs to be removed as well came to court with all the same paper work the car dealer gave me so the judge charged me with parking on the wrong side of the street $125 bull shit. Ricky gave my temps back a month before my court date but kept those false charges on me. I been living in pawn lawn for years all the police officers are not the same epps the only One listen and don't take things personal. If you gone charge ppl give them the charges that's due to them. I'm glad they fired him.
First off get an edumaction your one dumb azz bootlip cOon now you have been served a cold glass of ripple now stfu house ape.
JJD

Florissant, MO

#30 Jun 6, 2013
juggaletteSTL wrote:
Oh and if "you people" didn't segregate yourselves and not allow us in your neighborhoods we wouldn't feel so prejudice against you. Every time we go into your neighborhoods we are robbed, shot at, have our cars stolen, or even worse, are murdered. I know you do it to yourselves too, but when we go into your neighborhoods we are basically considered bait or "fresh fish". I know more of you have been in prisons then us, fairly or unfairly, but you all have to get this prison mentality out of your heads! Stop letting us bring you down, if that's what we are doing. Which in some cases we are. Be strong as a people! Stand up and show us you can change! Reform yourselves! If not for us, for your own people. If not for your own people, then yourselves. Let the white people in to your neighborhoods! Let us know what kind and hospitable people you can be. You all have a lot of passion, but some of you turn that passion into anger. We know what we did to you was wrong, but how can we feel sorry for you when you are feeling sorry enough for yourselves for the both of us?
As you said, people are entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is whenever there are questions about the death or injury of an inmate in any facility no matter the race, gender, etc. it needs to be investigated by outside authorities.

I would greatly appreciate your not using inclusive terms such as "we", "us", and "you people". No one speaks for me no matter what the issue and no one can speak for an entire race or group of persons whom they do not know personally. I do not consider myself "bait" when I am in a place that has a dominant racial population. Perhaps you have had bad experiences which cause you to assume all black people are suspect of being anti-white, they most certainly are not. I have never tried to bring anyone "down" and have no idea what that comment means. People create their own environment, they choose how to live their lives to the extent they are able. I have no animosity towards anyone different than myself. I consider the individual not the race, culture, ethnic background. People either choose to behave morally or not, race, economic status and all the rest are irrelevant, IMO.

BTW, there are people of all kinds (not just blacks) that spend their lives feeling sorry for themselves and believing the world owes them a "free ride".
onedumbcoon

Florissant, MO

#31 Jun 6, 2013
You sure tell a good story about your race of out of control chimps you're barking up the wrong tree dawg,go take a look in the mirror it's dark and that tells the future of you're race of out of control chimps,by the way pull your pants up isn't you're street name you go by is skid mark now go get the good Reverrand Al Chimpton,to preach to your rogue pack of scum sucking leeches and climb back up in the trees where you belong better yet hop on a boat and leave this country and head off to apefrica,America would be a lot better off.
Please pity the

Florissant, MO

#32 Jun 6, 2013
onedumbcoon wrote:
You sure tell a good story about your race of out of control chimps you're barking up the wrong tree dawg,go take a look in the mirror it's dark and that tells the future of you're race of out of control chimps,by the way pull your pants up isn't you're street name you go by is skid mark now go get the good Reverrand Al Chimpton,to preach to your rogue pack of scum sucking leeches and climb back up in the trees where you belong better yet hop on a boat and leave this country and head off to apefrica,America would be a lot better off.
poster quoted. Obviously he is uneducated and severely lacking in intelligence. The best option for dealing with such persons is to try and understand they are a product of inner breeding and therefore cannot be held accountable for the minus sign in front of their IQ.

Notice the inability of the poster to properly use a one syllable word that normal people learn in preschool..."your". Granted the word reverend is a little more difficult, that would be at the fourth grade level. Likewise, he has no idea how to compose a coherent sentence or any sentence for that matter. Those of us who are mentally sound should make an effort to tolerate such brain damaged individuals. Poor little creatures!
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#33 Jun 7, 2013
this is so true, driving around with temp tags and most likely no insurance. what was this guy in jail for to start with? same old bullshit with the monkeys. they know all about the jails because they have been in all of them at some point. what do you expect when you put the crooks and drug dealers in police cars? myself, i don't find it that hard to stay out if jail, but the blacks have made it a second home. just another way for the tax payer to support them. hanging them sounds like a good idea!
onedumbcoon

United States

#34 Jun 7, 2013
Please pity the wrote:
<quoted text>
poster quoted. Obviously he is uneducated and severely lacking in intelligence. The best option for dealing with such persons is to try and understand they are a product of inner breeding and therefore cannot be held accountable for the minus sign in front of their IQ.
Notice the inability of the poster to properly use a one syllable word that normal people learn in preschool..."your". Granted the word reverend is a little more difficult, that would be at the fourth grade level. Likewise, he has no idea how to compose a coherent sentence or any sentence for that matter. Those of us who are mentally sound should make an effort to tolerate such brain damaged individuals. Poor little creatures!
Look grammar queen I have a position for you now go climb back up in the trees where you belong and you're position in your pack of chimps you will addressed as branch manager darky boy now get to work and stay out of trouble!
The best option

Florissant, MO

#36 Jun 7, 2013
Please pity the wrote:
<quoted text>
for dealing with such people is to totally ignore them. All they are doing is seeking attention, don't give it to them. People who make such ignorant comments are not worth your wasting your time on. If you start arguing with them you are going to bring yourself down to their low level. They have no power other than running off at the mouth. Forget about them and let them have their little hissy fits, they just are not important enough to notice.
onedumbcoon

United States

#37 Jun 7, 2013
The best option wrote:
<quoted text>
for dealing with such people is to totally ignore them. All they are doing is seeking attention, don't give it to them. People who make such ignorant comments are not worth your wasting your time on. If you start arguing with them you are going to bring yourself down to their low level. They have no power other than running off at the mouth. Forget about them and let them have their little hissy fits, they just are not important enough to notice.
You just can't ignore the fact that your pack of out of control ghetto people ate a menace to society Chief Collins is a fair person so if you don't cause a problem there won't be one Pine Lawn is now known as coonsville,get some hope and stay off the dope fool.
Babyface0511

United States

#38 Oct 4, 2013
onedumbcoon wrote:
You make your race look very bad and I am sure they are very proud to have such a ignorant, sad, no self respect human being to be apart of them. You won the title of the most ignorant people I have ever hear. When you lack knowledge, beauty, and have had it harder than a lot of your kind well what else can we expect from a angry bird as yourself. You are I am quite sure an out cast and an embarrassment to your own kind. You can't seem to get up on your lazy butt and make anything happen. I laugh @ people like you. We are stead multiplying and rising know wonder you want us to go back to what you call it...Oh yeah APEFRICA. lol Baby my ancestors may have came from AFRICA but I was born in America Jack and my people helped build America to make it what it is today with our brilliant ideas that were stolen. The same Countries who ya'll you hear me ya'll try to help is the ones that tune on ya'll. Here we are than build up America and want us... Well we are the first ones called to fight for our nation but so quick to tear us down... Educate yourself melloyello because you no nothing about America...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 53 min xxxrayted 4,569
Unlocking cellphone 1 hr adymech 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Bently 19,467
song game 13 hr ms_Sweeter 73
Churches to serve as safe spaces after Ferguson... 23 hr stoopidity 1
Jobs For Missouri Sat Fed Up 2
Questions For The Klansmen Sat GD Stanton 3
St. Louis Dating
Find my Match

St. Louis People Search