Second trooper dies after three days ...

Second trooper dies after three days on life support

There are 13 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Aug 31, 2012, titled Second trooper dies after three days on life support. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

Trooper Eric Workman died after three days on life support. Workman was shot Tuesday night near the border of Clay and Roane counties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

The Ray Family

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Our condolences, our thoughts and our prayers go out to the families of the deceased Officers. The State Police, Sheriff Departments and all of WV law enforcements have our prayers during this time of sorrow.
Top Cop

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 1, 2012
RIP Brother! We'll take it from here!
Mountain Moon

Charleston, WV

#3 Sep 1, 2012
Three lives lost for no apparent reason. How horribly sad. My sympathies are extended to the families of the slain West Virginia troopers and the families they've left behind.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#4 Sep 1, 2012
Mountain Moon wrote:
Three lives lost for no apparent reason. How horribly sad. My sympathies are extended to the families of the slain West Virginia troopers and the families they've left behind.
Chances are, there is a perfectly good reason, unamed bridges tempt god to put names on them.
FYI

Northfork, WV

#5 Sep 2, 2012
Richard,If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. What if that was you're family member who was killed?!
Open your eyes

Logan, WV

#6 Sep 3, 2012
I may have missed something here.....

Didn't someone fail to search a suspect and then he killed a number of people (including him)....

So thats the tragedy here ......

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#7 Sep 4, 2012
FYI wrote:
Richard,If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. What if that was you're family member who was killed?!
What are you saying? Are you saying that I are a family member, what? You're is the contraction for YOU and ARE. YOUR is relevant to possession, like, "What if it was YOUR family member.

I'd hope that my family members, if they were stunted enough in life and education and lacking other job opportunities and were forced to take a job as an armed human garbage collector, would at least be street smart and responsible for following procedure and policy. By doing so take ownership of their responsibility to protect their own lives professional gun fighters and not be out witted by an amateur.

It's not like this amateur shooter walked in on these two cops whilst they were in a coffee shop pounding down crullers, they should have either found the gun or professionally shot their attacker dead before they were subsequently shot. Winners get to home and bang the prom queen, loosers inherit the earth.
concerned

United States

#8 Sep 4, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>What are you saying? Are you saying that I are a family member, what? You're is the contraction for YOU and ARE. YOUR is relevant to possession, like, "What if it was YOUR family member.

I'd hope that my family members, if they were stunted enough in life and education and lacking other job opportunities and were forced to take a job as an armed human garbage collector, would at least be street smart and responsible for following procedure and policy. By doing so take ownership of their responsibility to protect their own lives professional gun fighters and not be out witted by an amateur.

It's not like this amateur shooter walked in on these two cops whilst they were in a coffee shop pounding down crullers, they should have either found the gun or professionally shot their attacker dead before they were subsequently shot. Winners get to home and bang the prom queen, loosers inherit the earth.
first of all everyone who puts on the green uniform is very well trained.
Second they were doing their job professionally
Third everyone makes mistakes, they unfortunately failed to located his weapon.
Fourth the suspect no matter what occurred before hand had any right to take the lives of such fine gentlemen doing their job to protect YOU And every other citizen of this state
Fifth you don't have the right to say they weren't following policy and procedure they were.
Sixth unless you step up to the plate and are willing to do what they were willing to do, you have no idea what you are talking about. It takes someone very special to do their job and I don't believe you could handle it.
Normal

Charleston, WV

#9 Sep 4, 2012
Condolences to those lost, and thank God the cowardly SOB who perpetrated these crimes is six feet under and can't hurt anybody else.
disgraces

Charleston, WV

#10 Sep 4, 2012
Richard you my friend are a sorry pos

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#11 Sep 4, 2012
disgraces wrote:
Richard you my friend are a sorry pos
Don't get mad at me because two professional gun fighters trained at the tax payer's expense, got out witted by an amateur, that's not my fault.
He was ours

Bluefield, WV

#12 Sep 4, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>What are you saying? Are you saying that I are a family member, what? You're is the contraction for YOU and ARE. YOUR is relevant to possession, like, "What if it was YOUR family member.
You sir are an IDIOT!!!! I hope you someday need one of those armed garbage collectors and they do not respond. Sucks to be you!

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#13 Sep 5, 2012
He was ours wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are an IDIOT!!!! I hope you someday need one of those armed garbage collectors and they do not respond. Sucks to be you!
LOL, respond to what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
child slave labor is wrong 4 hr coco4u 1
Election Who's got your vote in the West Virginia State ... (Oct '14) Mon Ralphie 9
Anyone know a lawyer who will sue CPS? (Jun '16) Sep 16 Karma lynn 18
News Route 10 opens in Logan County Sep 10 Semper Fudge 5
Wow.. 45K NEW Coal jobs within the last 6 month... Sep 9 Feed up 3
News Assembly could begin in November (Jun '07) Sep 3 In the know 4
News Fairmont could become 11th city to adopt non-di... Sep 2 sigmund 14
More from around the web