'Buckwild' gets a bit crazy, but MTV ...

'Buckwild' gets a bit crazy, but MTV says it's got heart

There are 86 comments on the USA Today story from Jan 1, 2013, titled 'Buckwild' gets a bit crazy, but MTV says it's got heart. In it, USA Today reports that:

MTV's two-minute trailer promoting Buckwild , a new reality show starring nine young West Virginians, looks like a train wreck of bad behavior that perpetuates the hillbilly stereotype.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#42 Jan 5, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>They used à la correctly. Do you even know what it means?(Hint: It doesn't mean with ice cream on top!)
Actually no she didn't. A la is short for a la de mode which means in the style of. In the style of honey boo boo style doesn't make sense. So before you try to insult people, you should probably check yourself.

Since: Jul 12

Winfield, IL

#43 Jan 5, 2013
Sooo what's the scoop on Shain? He's my FAV haha! ;) I am born and raised in WV (Summers County) but I just moved from Beckley WV... ;) XOXO
Stu Pidasso

Duluth, GA

#44 Jan 6, 2013
cbr250r wrote:
Sooo what's the scoop on Shain? He's my FAV haha! ;) I am born and raised in WV (Summers County) but I just moved from Beckley WV... ;) XOXO
The scoop is, he's an embarrassment to our young folk in this state. He needs subtitles for god sake! I hope and pray, he's neutered and the show doesn't make it beyond this season! <fingers crossed>

Location hidden

#45 Jan 6, 2013
Stu Pidasso wrote:
<quoted text>The scoop is, he's an embarrassment to our young folk in this state. He needs subtitles for god sake! I hope and pray, he's neutered and the show doesn't make it beyond this season! <fingers crossed>
You sound old.
Funny

Roanoke, VA

#46 Jan 6, 2013
How many times do they show buckwild each day? Look like it's not going anywhere!
Wolpen

Charleston, WV

#47 Jan 6, 2013
cbr250r wrote:
. Well he lives on wolf pen stars in buckwild has a job has a nice girlfriend who he's been with a long time no she's not on the show he is the same in person as on the show.
Wolpen

Charleston, WV

#48 Jan 6, 2013
cccc wrote:
It was posted on fb that shain and one of the girls on the show are dating in reality, if so they need to check their family tree, they will see they are kissing cousins....
. He is not dateing anyone on the show , he has g/ f that's not on tv.

Since: Jul 12

United States

#49 Jan 10, 2013
Wolpen wrote:
<quoted text>. Well he lives on wolf pen stars in buckwild has a job has a nice girlfriend who he's been with a long time no she's not on the show he is the same in person as on the show.
Awesome...
buck

Nitro, WV

#50 Jan 10, 2013
cbr250r wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome...
Tyler is cute
mee too

Morgantown, WV

#51 Jan 10, 2013
braxtongirl wrote:
I live in braxton wv not everyone is a sell out they dnt even act like people I know.
Right, these girls need to find some class. They call themselves country but they are far from it. And the guys are just ignorant with no manners.

Location hidden

#52 Jan 11, 2013
mee too wrote:
<quoted text>Right, these girls need to find some class. They call themselves country but they are far from it. And the guys are just ignorant with no manners.
Have you ever lived in the country? They are pretty spot on.
LOL

United States

#53 Jan 11, 2013
304 wv girl wrote:
Who was the nosey loud black woman that got kacy kicked out. How bout u mind ur own business. Hope I don't see her anymore.
Candace Dyess - and she is on Facebook - I thought she was hilarious
Rick

Sevierville, TN

#54 Jan 12, 2013
Cara will F everyone on the show before it's over. I guarantee it.
SolidSnake

Walhonding, OH

#55 Jan 12, 2013
You people are crazy. How bout you complain about Wrong Turn? That is about us being Flesh eating, inbreds. This show is for a YOUNG generation. If it was FOR the state, MTV wouldn't film it. I'm glad people can see us party lol. If you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT. Watch Pawn Stars and Antique Road Show like you usually do.
BrassBalls

Sevierville, TN

#56 Jan 12, 2013
I just watched the second show on demand. You people need to party with the Rickonator a bit. What's wrong with that one prick ya'll brought home from the club? He was making out with the hottest chick on the show, then dumbed down and went for a hore. I'm glad Cara kicked his ass out. Cara proved she's got a little class in this episode. Rickonator is from Matewan. Why does the boys on the show always act like they don't take their Ritalin. That's not how young men from there really are. It's like the dudes on the show are trying to reenact Jack Ass WV style or something.
Dustin Welden

Maryville, TN

#57 Jan 12, 2013
Show is funny as shit. Finnally a show about small town clicks!! Any of the guys or gals from the show ever in east tennessee and wanna do some fishnor huntn or get in to trouble in my neck of the woods and I mean woods look me up on Facebook or some shit!!!

“COP'S LIVES MATTER”

Since: Mar 09

THUG'S LIVES DONT MATTER

#58 Jan 12, 2013
You can tell its scripted to make 'rednecks' look bad.

MTV is crap TV...everyone knows this.
chilli740

Waverly, OH

#59 Jan 12, 2013
most of my fam is from sissonville 6ut everytime i go there its lame and i dnt wanna stay...they dnt show the real stuff that goes down there..meth..pills..herion..th ats everywhere though...i love how the chics look though...would love to meet that salma chic she is sexy..
304 boy

United States

#60 Jan 12, 2013
typical WV nobody wants anyone to have fun
amen

Rich Creek, VA

#62 Jan 13, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
You can tell its scripted to make 'rednecks' look bad.

MTV is crap TV...everyone knows this.
U got that right retarded tv is crap!! These kids are crap too!! Have them go out on their own & get acting job w/out using our state to promote it & c how far they get!! They r too ugly & no acting skills!! They would not make it! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why will oak hill not stand up (Feb '15) Aug 19 miss concerned 5
indictments in greenbrier county june 2015 Aug 18 poo 1
High Numbers of Black on White Crime (Aug '07) Aug 17 liears 284
News Fighting back against substance abuse Aug 16 killer Annette 2
Mon Co Sheriff murdering local woman Aug 12 everyday 1
searching for a friend! Aug 11 Wonderer 1
anyone know kathi powell.she works st bstemsn h... Aug 11 curious 1
More from around the web