Awareness walk for Chiari Malformatio...

Awareness walk for Chiari Malformation being held in charleston in september

Posted in the West Virginia Forum

Since: Aug 11

Scott Depot, WV

#1 Aug 27, 2011
I just wanted to post that we are hosting the first West Virginia Conquer Chiari Walk Across America on September 17, 2011 to raise money for the non-profit organization Conquer Chiari. Arnold Chiari Malformation is a serious neurological disorder where the bottom part of the brain, the cerebellum, descends out of the skull and crowds the spinal cord, putting pressure on both the brain and spine and causing many symptoms. As of this date there have been no federally funded research studies on this disorder. Pro Golfer J.B Holmes just announced this past week that he has this disorder and is getting ready to have decompression surgery for it (although they sugar coated the announcement and truly didn't put just how severe and dangerous the disease can be, it can be life threatening which they denied). We would love to have you come join us. Even if you can't donate money we would love to see everyone out just as a sign of support and awareness. If anyone has any questions or wants more information just let me know! The walk is being held at Overbrook Elementary that is off of corridor G, just down the road from GW High School. Registration starts at 8am with the walk starting at 10am.
Thank you!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 24, 2012
I really want to thank u for the awareness here in wv I have struggled first the last 3 and 1/2 years went from Dr to Dr to try and find out why I was having dizzy spells and going weak in my knees to the point where I either fell passed out a had an MRI that showed I had something near my base of my scull Dr's said it was something to do with my pituitary gland there is a lot more but i wont keep going on.. i have not been diagnosed with Chiari malformation as of yet but my husband saw this walk on the news and had never heard of it before so he looked it up and read it to me, thanks to ur walk for awareness and cure i now have some clue as what might be wrong with me and what to tell my Dr to read up on it and get a true diagnosis.. thank so much from the bottom of my heart..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female looking for fun! 14 hr no1special 4
News W.Va. Agency Grading Public Schools 'on a Curve' Oct 17 WaltaMon Saunders 1
searching for a friend! (Aug '15) Oct 16 Phyllis 2
Karen and her queers Oct 15 KarenEaton 1
Well endowed son? Oct 15 Lmfao 15
Princeton, W.VA C P S Oct 15 Lmfao 2
gryskevich's little snitches (Jun '07) Oct 15 Lmfao 220
More from around the web