Child Protection Act Passes

West Virginia's Child Protection Act is on its way to the governor's desk. Members of the state legislature approved the bill during Wednesday's special session. Read more
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
lisa and everett suboyu

Morgantown, WV

#1 Jun 17, 2006
theres no evidence of any abuse on our kids and they wont dismiss it and bring home our kids,all it was is an accident 1 time with a
ciggerette,harley,and two cps workers was at our house and said accidents happens,they did investigation and no abuse what so ever,the kids that are already living in that foster home in hamlin wv.with the brownings they was abused sexually.now they come up with that what other kids tell em.my husband in jail 4 false allegations,
we dont believe in any abuse,we swear on gods book of the bible.im
sorry 4 telling truth.but we have it bottled up inside.
Morgantown local

United States

#2 Jun 25, 2006
I have four kids and I don't agree with what some define as abuse. Do accidents occur? Of course. Hope everything works out for you and your children.
Bob

United States

#3 Aug 3, 2006
I dont agree with child abuse
Morgantown local

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2006
You "don't agree with child abuse?" You mean how it is defined? Or that it even occurs? What don't you agree with?
Beth

Walled Lake, MI

#5 Aug 6, 2006
Sorry to but in---but I was wondering if anyone could tell me about Wheeling WV. A friend of mine told me that the economy there is really good. Is that true? Also heard that there is virtually no crime in this town. Is that true??
Christina

AOL

#6 Aug 6, 2006
I also do not agree with child abuse, but I also dont agree with someone being falsley accused either. I think there is a fine line between trying to protect a child from being abused and harrassing someone when they have proven their innocence on more than one occasion. If someone is proven to abuse a child, then of course every time the person gets accused after the fact - it's probably for just cause. If someone is accused and accused and accused, but it is not proven to a court of law then that person should be left alone. I think that if a person is arrested time after time for child abuse, but when it goes to court the person is proven innocent then they should be left alone. I belive that police officer's use their power to supposedly do good and to the public make it seem good, when if fact they are serving a purpose way different than they make it appear. There have been known to be police officers/people in law enforcement to use their power against people who actually have done nothing wrong to serve a purpose other than "upholding the law". It has happended before and will probably happen again. I DO NOT SUPPORT CHILD ABUSE BUT I DO NOT SUPPORT PEOPLE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT THAT HAVE THEIR OWN AGENDAS EITHER. I have seen children in and around the place I live be physically, verbally, and mentally abused and nothing happen to the parents. I have seen parents who take the utmost care of their children be harrassed, put down, slandered, threatned, and publicly humiliated by law enforcement, CPS, DHHR, and people in general that were involved just because a female says the father is/has/was abusing a child. So for someone to oppose child abuse as ROCK, WV is saying there has to be child abuse to occur. Not every person that is accused of a crime actually has. Let's look to the news for proof, how many people have been released from prison in the last 10 years due to the person not actually committing the crime. Law enforcement are people/human - they make mistakes be it knowingly or not. So, before people assume that every person accused of child abuse are guilty look to the facts.
Motown falsely accused

United States

#7 Aug 10, 2006
My ex has made false allegations against me and I have had to get a lawyer to defend me. The family judge found no evidence of abuse. My ex is trying to hang me because we have been fighting an constant and very bitter custody war. I never thought she would stoop to this level but I guess it's the first person to sink to the lowest level that wins. If I had to do over again, I would file a domestic violence petition against her, get an automatic temporary order awarding me custody, then accuse her of abusing my child. I would lie, ruin my ex's life but win sole custody of my daughter and screw her over. Of course it didn't go down that way and now I am the one suffering from it.
Lessons learned. Men have no rights.
Morgantown local

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2006
Motown,
Sorry things are getting ugly. I went through an ugly period with my ex when we divorced. We have two children together. Then one day I really looked at my children and what was beginning to happen to them. I became very ashamed of myself. It takes two to keep the War going. The next time we met with the mediator I voiced my concern and made a point to include my own bad behavior. My ex relaxed a little and eventaully we worked a plan out.
I know it's hard. I went through having child services pounding on my door, the local police blarring and screeching down my street looking to I don't know what, but ending up at my door. Eventaully they caught on. I gave my statements and allowed them to search what ever they wanted. I cooperated to the letter. In the end it was the judge who questioned the actions and motives of the ex. I sat back and watched.
We have joint custody. They live with me. They visit with their dad every Saturday and stay through Sunday. Sometimes they even spend Sunday night.
Just remember to keep the children in mind. No matter how hurt you may be feeling, they are hurting soooo much more.
Good luck.
Truth and Justice

Charleston, WV

#10 Nov 3, 2006
THERE SHOULD BE STRICTER RULES CONCERNING "BURDEN OF PROOF". A PERSON SHOULD HAVE TO PROVE TO CPS, DHHR, AND JUDGES THAT CHILD ABUSE OCCURRED.
been there done that

Apple Grove, WV

#11 Nov 3, 2006
WHY I DONT THINK THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE HARASSED OVER AND OVER..I DO THINK IT IS OUR DUTY TO REPORT ANYONE WHO WE SUSPECT OF ABUSING A CHILD.IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME TO RUIN THE CHILD FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE.
Thinking Out Loud

Charleston, WV

#12 Nov 4, 2006
I agree with both of you---I think we do have a duty to report child abuse...But once someone is found innocent, I don't think we should be able to keep dragging them back to court either...Unfortunately, there are parents that do hurt there children but there are also parents who use the legal system to play games--I have personally witnessed that more than actual abuse...
Let's remember---dragging a parent through the mud in the media, etc. doesn't help the child, either..They are being denied a relationship needlessly, not to mention the stress and drama it causes...
Of course, if a child is being abused, we must do what we must--but we can't allow bickering parents to use our justice system and waste taxpayer money on personal agendas...In my mind, that is abusing the child just as much---and can ruin a child's life just as easy...
debbie

Apple Grove, WV

#13 Nov 4, 2006
Thinking Out Loud wrote:
I agree with both of you---I think we do have a duty to report child abuse...But once someone is found innocent, I don't think we should be able to keep dragging them back to court either...Unfortunately, there are parents that do hurt there children but there are also parents who use the legal system to play games--I have personally witnessed that more than actual abuse...
Let's remember---dragging a parent through the mud in the media, etc. doesn't help the child, either..They are being denied a relationship needlessly, not to mention the stress and drama it causes...
Of course, if a child is being abused, we must do what we must--but we can't allow bickering parents to use our justice system and waste taxpayer money on personal agendas...In my mind, that is abusing the child just as much---and can ruin a child's life just as easy...
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%.IT BREAKS MY HEART TO HEAR ABOUT A KID BEING ABUSED,WHETHER IT BE PHYSICAL,MENTALLY, OR SEXUALLY.I WOULD ALSO HATE FOR SOMEONE TO BE FALSELY ACCUSED OF ABUSE,BUT I DO THINK IF WE SUSPECT SOMEONE IS BEING ABUSED THAT BY ALL MEANS IT SHOULD BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY.
Jessica

United States

#14 Dec 6, 2006
I know three kids that have told me and their father, and their therapist that their mother has been physically abuseing them and all the signs are their we have called child abuse hot lines for the local area and no body is doing anything about it and the kids are crying out for help and no one will listen, does any body have any advice of what I could do to help the father and children!!!!!!!!!!
Jessica

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2006
Truth and Justice wrote:
THERE SHOULD BE STRICTER RULES CONCERNING "BURDEN OF PROOF". A PERSON SHOULD HAVE TO PROVE TO CPS, DHHR, AND JUDGES THAT CHILD ABUSE OCCURRED.
But to what extent do you go with stricter rules, when you do that like things are now the children that are being abused are ignored for adults not believeing what the children say they think kids dont have minds of their owns and dont know whats right or not and that is why kids get killed and hurt because people want it to be hard to push that isssue.
fact finder

Apple Grove, WV

#16 Dec 6, 2006
the children on wv dont have a chance..a family member had her 3rd baby last week, it was addicted to crack and oxycontin..The welfare steeped in and took the baby BUT gave the baby to another family member who is on drugs as bad if not worse than than the mother..Why wasnt EVERYONE drug tested? The person who got the baby called today, not to say how she loved the child or how cute he is, just to say that the state was going to pay her for keeping him.Well i guess that means more drugs for her..this poor baby doesnt have a chance..
winnersten

Federal Way, WA

#17 Dec 12, 2006
been there done that wrote:
WHY I DONT THINK THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE HARASSED OVER AND OVER..I DO THINK IT IS OUR DUTY TO REPORT ANYONE WHO WE SUSPECT OF ABUSING A CHILD.IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME TO RUIN THE CHILD FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE.
this is so right
winnersten

Federal Way, WA

#18 Dec 12, 2006
love it all
keg

United States

#19 Dec 12, 2006
hm
just me

Marlinton, WV

#20 Dec 13, 2006
thats soooo sad & soo true theres so many druggies here its not even funny! W.V really needs some cops & people who give a shit here!
friend wrote:
the children on wv dont have a chance..a family member had her 3rd baby last week, it was addicted to crack and oxycontin..The welfare steeped in and took the baby BUT gave the baby to another family member who is on drugs as bad if not worse than than the mother..Why wasnt EVERYONE drug tested? The person who got the baby called today, not to say how she loved the child or how cute he is, just to say that the state was going to pay her for keeping him.Well i guess that means more drugs for her..this poor baby doesnt have a chance..
Karen H

Burnaby, Canada

#21 Dec 13, 2006
I am a foster parent and know first hand that alot of parents out there truely believe that they are not abusers.I see first hand the results of what they do to their children. We all know that as a parent you have said things you've regretted, lashed out verbally and most likely physically out of anger and frustration at your child. The problem lies in what is acceptable in our society.I purposely intervened at a restuarant when a mother was "losing it". Can you imagine someone twice as big as you jerking your arm and dragging you to the bathroom them screaming right in your face. The biggest indicator is what you would want done to you. The excuse of well I got spankings and I'm alright is just a lame way to try to justify a wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
daxter miles trash talking got you a 78 39 beat... 6 hr goof troop 1
News Ex-Virginia First Lady Sentenced to One Year in... Mar 23 swedenforever 19
why did they put storm haven in raleigh (Feb '13) Mar 20 SHADOWWITHINTHEMO... 3
Sharks (May '14) Mar 20 SHADOWWITHINTHEMO... 2
News Drug problem getting worse for Mingo County Mar 17 DSDinKy 15
News WVHAZ to attend home show Mar 12 TV 1
medical marijuana Mar 12 curios 1
More from around the web