Massey mine disaster settlement 'coul...

Massey mine disaster settlement 'couldn't pay us enough for our son'

There are 3 comments on the Richmond Times-Dispatch story from Jul 15, 2012, titled Massey mine disaster settlement 'couldn't pay us enough for our son'. In it, Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that:

The company's first offer was $3 million, an amount Gary and Patty Quarles called a "slap in the face." Three million dollars for their only son, Gary Wayne Quarles, 33, one of the 29 workers killed in the worst U.S. coal mining disaster in four decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Gravediggers

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2012
Oh, that's right...now it's time to attack coal.

Does this family want all coal mines shut down?
letemrip

Hawesville, KY

#2 Nov 26, 2012
No stupid only what coal mines that cold blooded murderer Massey owns. If Massey cant do any better than that then he doesnt need to be operating a mines.
jsp2

Hansford, WV

#3 Nov 27, 2012
my son is with me , nothing could replace him and i am sure you would say the same if your son was alive now, i support you what ever you do about the settlement. may God be with you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News West Virginia floods devastate 1,100 homes, man... 40 min WeTheSheeple 2
News Britain, EU plunged into uncertainty by exit vote Mon TerriB1 6
News Britain, EU at odds over timing of divorce talks Jun 26 Salem 2
News At Least 26 Dead in West Virginia Flooding Jun 26 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News 24 Dead in Devastating West Virginia Flooding Jun 26 ELISE GINGERICH 1
Sex @ mine sites with married/single men Jun 22 I love it 1
News Abortion rights advocates: Illuminate meant to ... (Aug '13) Jun 21 xoxo80 49
More from around the web