Colony

Mar 17, 2014 Full story: Charleston Gazette 6

For a century, out-of-state owners have used West Virginia as a colony, draining off coal wealth and leaving poverty behind.

Read more
The truth

Welch, WV

#1 Mar 19, 2014
There are jobs here in McDowell county and out of staters have them. The mines are working out of staters, gas wells are out of staters, utility work etc. the problem here is bad politicians greasing their pockets, law enforcement beating people, and out of staters taking our land. Drive around here look at all the yellow signs of no trespassing. Drugs is a problem yes. But if these people had their jobs back some would come off them.
LOL

Guilford, CT

#2 Apr 11, 2014
The truth wrote:
There are jobs here in McDowell county and out of staters have them. The mines are working out of staters, gas wells are out of staters, utility work etc. the problem here is bad politicians greasing their pockets, law enforcement beating people, and out of staters taking our land. Drive around here look at all the yellow signs of no trespassing. Drugs is a problem yes. But if these people had their jobs back some would come off them.
Why would any corporation hire a pill junkie? Ever???

Now..think about the type of people needed to work in these businesses and name 20 people in your town that are not pill junkies. You probably can't even name 5. So, you have your answer.
Just saying

Bluefield, WV

#3 Apr 11, 2014
I can name plenty that doesn't do drugs like I can name plenty that works in these mines now that DO drugs. It's people like you that people here doesn't have jobs. Your probably an out of stater or live out of this county.
Just saying

Bluefield, WV

#4 Apr 11, 2014
And as I stated drugs is a problem, In case you didn't see that. But like I said there are people here that doesn't do them. Some not ALL of the ones that do probably would not be doing them if they had there jobs back.
Just saying

Bluefield, WV

#5 Apr 11, 2014
I don't see the difference in a pill head than a drunk. How many working in these jobs are drunks? Probably about 75-80%.
ROAD WARRIOR

Welch, WV

#6 Apr 13, 2014
The truth wrote:
. CORRECT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
daxter miles trash talking got you a 78 39 beat... 21 hr goof troop 1
News Ex-Virginia First Lady Sentenced to One Year in... Mar 23 swedenforever 19
why did they put storm haven in raleigh (Feb '13) Mar 20 SHADOWWITHINTHEMO... 3
Sharks (May '14) Mar 20 SHADOWWITHINTHEMO... 2
News Drug problem getting worse for Mingo County Mar 17 DSDinKy 15
News WVHAZ to attend home show Mar 12 TV 1
medical marijuana Mar 12 curios 1
More from around the web