Ex-Mingo judge sentenced to 50 months...

Ex-Mingo judge sentenced to 50 months in prison

There are 1 comment on the Marietta Times story from Jun 10, 2014, titled Ex-Mingo judge sentenced to 50 months in prison. In it, Marietta Times reports that:

A federal judge on Monday sentenced a former Mingo County judge to 50 months in prison on corruption charges, saying the defendant's abuse of power was what could be expected from a "third-world dictator."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marietta Times.

Laurice Tatum

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jun 11, 2014
Justice has taken it course, sad but true. It's a sad commentary that it even reached this point of being another huge embarrassment and disgrace for the legal profession. When a simple strong core belief in ethics would have prevented such form ever have happened the first place.

Are we as a society - the profession, going to allow : weak, cankerous, inferior internal element to continue eating away at what the profession is intended to be? What a disgrace the profession has become. And we call ourselves a just society grounded in the rule of law. "Give me a break!" We're hypocrites. Law is no longer based in what is honorable and right but greed and selfishness.

Once again I encourage the profession to start teaching ethics, and I don’t mean teaching ways of skirting ethical conduct but the adherence to a strong set of core beliefs designed to benefit the whole of society. Ethics designed to further the true meaning and spirit of the law. Does this mean nothing to your professional ideology?

I ask that all reading these comments contact your Bar Associations and demand ethics in the legal profession. Contact public and private official and demand anyone who touches the life of another human being be tested for sociopathic and Psychopathic tendencies.

If our belief system is truly grounded in the rule of law, I encourage the reader to do society a favor and don’t allow unethical behavior to undermine trust and faith in the law.
Justice has taken it course, sad but true. It's a sad commentary that it even reached this point of being another huge embarrassment and disgrace for the legal profession. When a simple strong core belief in ethics would have prevented such form ever have happened the first place.

Are we as a society - the profession, going to allow : weak, cankerous, inferior internal element to continue eating away at what the profession is intended to be? What a disgrace the profession has become. And we call ourselves a just society grounded in the rule of law. "Give me a break!" We're hypocrites. Law is no longer based in what is honorable and right but greed and selfishness.

Once again I encourage the profession to start teaching ethics, and I don’t mean teaching ways of skirting ethical conduct but the adherence to a strong set of core beliefs designed to benefit the whole of society. Ethics designed to further the true meaning and spirit of the law. Does this mean nothing to your professional ideology?

I ask that all reading these comments contact your Bar Associations and demand ethics in the legal profession. Contact public and private official and demand anyone who touches the life of another human being be tested for sociopathic and Psychopathic tendencies.

If our belief system is truly grounded in the rule of law, I encourage the reader to do society a favor and don’t allow unethical behavior to undermine trust and faith in the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

West Virginia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
start incest family Jul 25 sisterswet 1
Well endowed son? Jul 25 Sluttymom69 3
Sex @ mine sites with married/single men Jul 22 Jerry59 5
News LGBT Fairness Film to be Shown in Eastern Panha... (Jul '13) Jul 13 Annoyed 15
Anyone else enjoy being molested? Jul 5 AnonRon69 1
News West Virginia floods devastate 1,100 homes, man... Jul 4 Bert 30
Coyote population in WV !! (Jun '07) Jul 2 annshaver 146
More from around the web