Some bank on Corridor H being completed sooner rather than later; others not as optimistic

Jan 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Martinsburg Journal

The completion of Corridor H might seem miles away to some West Virginians, but Jim Strader is banking on it being done sooner rather than later.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2013

Since: Jul 12

Buckhannon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

This is really exciting and huge for our area. The traffic on 33 is projected to triple when the highway is completed, and that means three times the people stopping here for gas, food, lodging, shopping, site seeing- the whole Bmore/DC crowd will be an hour and a half closer to us- just huge-
dmb

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

which section of 33 are you referring to?
sunnybucker wrote:
This is really exciting and huge for our area. The traffic on 33 is projected to triple when the highway is completed, and that means three times the people stopping here for gas, food, lodging, shopping, site seeing- the whole Bmore/DC crowd will be an hour and a half closer to us- just huge-

Buckhannon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

dmb wrote:
which section of 33 are you referring to?
<quoted text>
Both the U.S. and WV Departments of Transportation have projected that the overall traffic on the completed U.S. 33 will triple- you can find the links via a google search as I recall-
Weary

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

and that's supposed to be a good thing? Guess what. We're still going to be a long way from DC.
Hmmm

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Weary wrote:
and that's supposed to be a good thing? Guess what. We're still going to be a long way from DC.
. What you need to understand that the distance is always going to be the same but the drive time will be quicker. Here's your sign !!!
Hmmm

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>. What you need to understand that the distance is always going to be the same but the drive time will be quicker. Here's your sign !!!
I do not even make sense here I'm a loser!
A1CaRs

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not even make sense here I'm a loser!
. It probably wouldn't of made since to me either when I was in Pre-K. You need to run along to bed Junior its getting late. Don't let your mommy hear you go back to bed or you may get your back side tanned.
Amazing

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

sunnybucker wrote:
It will be amazing when it is truly finished. I remember when I was a young child they opened the section from Weston to Buckhannon. Then when I was in high school the section from Buckhannon to Elkins opened, about 15 years after the section from Weston to Buckhannon. Other small sections have opened just past Elkins to their new exit and a little further. I can't wait to see the completed project. I hope it is done by 2020, 40 years after I remember the section from Weston to Buckhannon opening. I have witnessed growth after every section has opened, so I can only imagine the increases we will see over the entire region after the completion. Should you purchase real estate now?

Buckhannon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be amazing when it is truly finished. I remember when I was a young child they opened the section from Weston to Buckhannon. Then when I was in high school the section from Buckhannon to Elkins opened, about 15 years after the section from Weston to Buckhannon. Other small sections have opened just past Elkins to their new exit and a little further. I can't wait to see the completed project. I hope it is done by 2020, 40 years after I remember the section from Weston to Buckhannon opening. I have witnessed growth after every section has opened, so I can only imagine the increases we will see over the entire region after the completion. Should you purchase real estate now?
If there's any left that the well-funded speculators haven't snatched up. I think Mike Ross already owns about half of it-
Mudrunner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Just what Elkins needs.......more traffic.
Terry

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

lucky

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent West Virginia Discussions

Search the West Virginia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
No Borders, Part I (Sep '06) Jul 23 go blue 22
Nude girls in Braxton county Jul 22 Sex 1
Let's fight West Virginia's prescription drug a... (Mar '13) Jul 22 u r delusional 19
W.Va. agency asks parents to get kids vaccinated Jul 15 humanSpirit 1
Listen live Monday to Friday talk radio Jul 15 Shane 1
Bill Kibble finds ways to share stories Jul 14 Laura 1
Pennell crowned at Interstate Fair and Exposition Jul 13 Brown Crayon 17
•••
•••