Pretty Penny Puppy Mill, Plymouth Wis...
glensgardengirl

South Milwaukee, WI

#123 Jul 3, 2011
Kristin wrote:
I have heard about this Pretty Penny Kennels for years and decided to stop in today. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. The place was covered in feces. The dogs were also covered in feces from their stomachs down. There were many dogs crammed into small pens with no clean water and no place to even lay down without laying in their own feces! I actually even slipped in feces while walking through the place! I have worked in a vet clinic know that the conditions he is keeping these dogs in is completely unsanitary. A good vet would tell you not to go here! I do not even know how he can get the AKC to register them. Although the registration really means nothing! If you want a dog go to a breeder who breeds only one type of dog and LOVES dogs! People who go here and think it is ok obviously do NOT know what they are talking about. This is disgusting and wrong and sooo sooo sad! DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!!! Someone should tie him up and make him live in those conditions and see how long he lasts. He would not even last an hour. This is so sad and those of you who think it is saving an animal by buying one from him it is actually doing the opposite you may have saved that one dog but you have given him money to hurt many many more. If no one buys from him he has no money and will have to stop what he is doing. If anyone knows anything that I can do to help get these dogs out of there and run this heartless man out of business please let me know!
I dont believe ONE word of this. Heartless is making up stories to HURT another human being.
glensgardengirl

South Milwaukee, WI

#124 Jul 3, 2011
Terri wrote:
When my husband and I decided to adopt a Border Collie pup after our beloved Fug died, we saw an ad in the Journal Sentinal. Called and went to see. Had to go into the barn to see the pups. I immediatly froze and returned to the truck. Crying. How could my husband walk through that hell? He said he wanted, at least, to see that there were no dead dogs. He also wanted to see if any needed immediate care. He saw no dead dogs but DEFINATELY neglected, filthy, attention STARVED animals. Thin and obviously hopeless. When my husband returned we witnessed what made us both sick. The breeder was showing a young couple a white Shepard I think. The dog was frightened and cowering. I dont think the dog had ever been outside. Was scared of outside. And what did Mr. Schultz do?? He proceeded to beat the dog in the head. I guess to make it more...what? Happy to be outside?? The woman was crying and I watched the man go to the car to get his check-book. He said he couldnt leave this animal there. This experience, besides the young couple, was seriously one of the worst OF MY LIFE. I cried all the way home. How can a human treat "mans best friend" in such a digraceful manner? I am so happy puppy mills no longer exist in WI. Mr. Schultz, rot in hell.
Gerald Schultz is incapable of beating a dog. This post is NOT TRUE AND YOU KNOW IT!! I do believe LIARS go to hell!!
Shae

Mauston, WI

#125 Aug 24, 2011
matt wrote:
i got my dog max from pretty penny...and i disagree with all of you people max is very well behaved has no medical issues and when we were there i saw non of the things you describe...your going there to look for bad things thats what youll find...so stop being assholes geez...
I understand what you mean i got my black cocker spaniel there 4 yrs ago. I got her as a 9 week old puppy. She is the best dog. Listens 10x better than 90% of my friends dogs. She is a sweetheart and a cuddler. There is nothing wrong with pretty penny kennels. SHe is now 4 yrs old and has never had one problem with her health. Puppys can devolp other dieases walking down the street. Stuff is catchable put people would rather blame it on them. I love my dog and would go there again with no hessitation.!
Jackie1508

Milwaukee, WI

#126 Aug 25, 2011
I once again feel very saddened that there are people out there who think this is how dogs should be bred and sold. I am not basing this on what others have said, I have been there many times.

I really don't understand how anyone in their right mind could think that the conditions there are optimal for the puppies. But the true disgrace lies in how the breeder dogs are housed and have to live. This is something you choose to bury your head in the sand about all because you love the pet you bought from Schultz. But the sad fact is that the breeders have to live in a hell all their own. They are not exercised, are fed low quality food and are bred every heat. The parents spend their life in squalor and even an idiot can see that the pups (and adults) live in pens with wire bottoms (easier for Schultz)which is difficult to walk on and can damage their paws. Luckily, YOUR pup probably was purchased within the first few months of his life and didn't live for an extended period on the wire. I'm glad you love your pet and I'm sure you are a good person, but no one should be lauding the conditions there. No one.
glensgardengirl

South Milwaukee, WI

#127 Aug 25, 2011
Jackie1508 wrote:
I once again feel very saddened that there are people out there who think this is how dogs should be bred and sold. I am not basing this on what others have said, I have been there many times.
I really don't understand how anyone in their right mind could think that the conditions there are optimal for the puppies. But the true disgrace lies in how the breeder dogs are housed and have to live. This is something you choose to bury your head in the sand about all because you love the pet you bought from Schultz. But the sad fact is that the breeders have to live in a hell all their own. They are not exercised, are fed low quality food and are bred every heat. The parents spend their life in squalor and even an idiot can see that the pups (and adults) live in pens with wire bottoms (easier for Schultz)which is difficult to walk on and can damage their paws. Luckily, YOUR pup probably was purchased within the first few months of his life and didn't live for an extended period on the wire. I'm glad you love your pet and I'm sure you are a good person, but no one should be lauding the conditions there. No one.
And when was the last time you were there and witnessed this FIRST HAND???
Maribeth Sorenson

AOL

#128 Oct 4, 2011
My husband and I recently took a trip up to Pretty Penny Farm to meet our new Cocker puppies. First of all, these puppies were in extremely good health, good weight, excellent temperament, vet checked, etc. Mr. Schulz is a very caring person and it is obvious that he loves his dogs. I do not understand why I continually find negative articles about him or his kennel. He is wonderful and does not deserve to be persecuted like this. Obviously the Animal Rights activists cannot stand a successful breeder who cares.
glensgardengirl

South Milwaukee, WI

#129 Oct 5, 2011
Maribeth Sorenson wrote:
My husband and I recently took a trip up to Pretty Penny Farm to meet our new Cocker puppies. First of all, these puppies were in extremely good health, good weight, excellent temperament, vet checked, etc. Mr. Schulz is a very caring person and it is obvious that he loves his dogs. I do not understand why I continually find negative articles about him or his kennel. He is wonderful and does not deserve to be persecuted like this. Obviously the Animal Rights activists cannot stand a successful breeder who cares.
AMEN!!!
SnowFlake

Milwaukee, WI

#130 Oct 19, 2011
You people who are defending him are absolutely insane! Channel 4 news did an investigation several years back, over the course of which a cage caught fire WHILE THE NEWS CREW WAS THERE. He shows no compassion for his animals and has an answer to every question regarding the state he keeps his dogs in. For example: Why doesn't he let them out? So they don't know any better and don't want to be let out again. Why are they so cramped? For companionship. Why are they kept out in the cold when Wisconsin can easily hit -30 with windchill? Because they've been out there for "millions of years". Even small breeds who are not bred to live through such weather conditions! And the stark expression and lack of compassion in the way he responds shows exactly how little he cares about his animals. AKC certified or not, all a breeder has to do is send in their name and information. It's not that hard. They don't need to pass an inspection that would require someone to certify that his establishment is up to code. Hopefully, by the time the Wisconsin Act 90 kicks in, he will be run out of business because he won't be able to keep up with the licensing fees, record keeping, or veterinary checks that will be REQUIRED. Not to mention that wire cages will be illegal as well, so looks like he's shit out of luck.

Despite any behavioral or health issues, don't ANY of you find it completely messed up that these animals are standing on wire their whole lives? Dogs are meant to stand on firm ground, not have their feet lacerated by rusting wire cages barely small enough to keep their paws from slipping through.

If you're defending his operation because you got a dog from him that you love, hear this: It's not a disrespect towards your dog or saying that your dog is a terrible creature because of where it came from! It's criticizing Gerald Schulz for the way that he chooses to raise and keep his animals and no more.
glensgardengirl

South Milwaukee, WI

#131 Oct 20, 2011
SnowFlake wrote:
You people who are defending him are absolutely insane! Channel 4 news did an investigation several years back, over the course of which a cage caught fire WHILE THE NEWS CREW WAS THERE. He shows no compassion for his animals and has an answer to every question regarding the state he keeps his dogs in. For example: Why doesn't he let them out? So they don't know any better and don't want to be let out again. Why are they so cramped? For companionship. Why are they kept out in the cold when Wisconsin can easily hit -30 with windchill? Because they've been out there for "millions of years". Even small breeds who are not bred to live through such weather conditions! And the stark expression and lack of compassion in the way he responds shows exactly how little he cares about his animals. AKC certified or not, all a breeder has to do is send in their name and information. It's not that hard. They don't need to pass an inspection that would require someone to certify that his establishment is up to code. Hopefully, by the time the Wisconsin Act 90 kicks in, he will be run out of business because he won't be able to keep up with the licensing fees, record keeping, or veterinary checks that will be REQUIRED. Not to mention that wire cages will be illegal as well, so looks like he's shit out of luck.
Despite any behavioral or health issues, don't ANY of you find it completely messed up that these animals are standing on wire their whole lives? Dogs are meant to stand on firm ground, not have their feet lacerated by rusting wire cages barely small enough to keep their paws from slipping through.
If you're defending his operation because you got a dog from him that you love, hear this: It's not a disrespect towards your dog or saying that your dog is a terrible creature because of where it came from! It's criticizing Gerald Schulz for the way that he chooses to raise and keep his animals and no more.
And again, have you BEEN there and met the man to make this judgement call????? I should take that back, because no one has the right to judge another, my and Geralds God will do that, but FORM YOUR OWN OPINION!! Do not rely on others input!! This establishment is ALREADY up to code. Plastic coated cage bottoms and all!!
Julie

Fond Du Lac, WI

#132 Dec 28, 2011
We bought our dog Scruffy from pretty penny farm. He is a westie and is the best dog we have ever had. He is great with our kids and is friendly with everyone he meets. He is also very healthy, I can not imagine our lives without him. I have no regrets buying him from Gerald Shultz .
doglover15

Kingsland, GA

#134 Mar 14, 2012
All of you who are SOOO supportive of humane societies and rescues should know, they are not all good like what you see on tv. I've been to countryside humane society and all those dogs are kept in 6x6's with drains or if small, in cages. This is not the way to keep an animal, sure they are kept relatively clean(when I went it smelled like strong piss)they still aren't much better then millers in my opinion. I think the best place to get a puppy is from a family/ family breeder. The main point folks, is if your going to make the at least ten year commitment of getting a dog, you should do your research, know the breeder then get to know the dogs that he/she sells. Taking care of your animals should be your number one priority, when you buy a dog you are buying a life, not only a life, a life long responsibility. Get your facts right people, half of you shouldn't own a dog anyways, most dogs are on the back burner, especially when kids are involved. Anyone is more then welcome to comment on my post i'd be more then happy to respond.
doglover15

Kingsland, GA

#135 Mar 14, 2012
Shae wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you mean i got my black cocker spaniel there 4 yrs ago. I got her as a 9 week old puppy. She is the best dog. Listens 10x better than 90% of my friends dogs. She is a sweetheart and a cuddler. There is nothing wrong with pretty penny kennels. SHe is now 4 yrs old and has never had one problem with her health. Puppys can devolp other dieases walking down the street. Stuff is catchable put people would rather blame it on them. I love my dog and would go there again with no hessitation.!
Very, very true. I am a chihuahua breeder and I had one of my puppies come up postive for Giardia(after they had bought the puppy and had it for a while)I thought it was something I had done, I was so worried that my dogs had it, but as it turns out she drank out of their creek and got it that way(And btw they treated her and she is doing just fine). My dogs had nothing to do with it but I did spend plenty of money making sure they didn't have it at the vets office. Lolz i'm sure they were very happy, I was just happy my dogs were fine and in good heath. They tried to say it was my dogs but apologized later on about it. And we still talk quite often. I'm not saying anything good or bad about G. shultz, I've never been to his breeding operation so I would'nt know, but puppies do catch things very easily even with proper vet care. Anyone is free to comment, i'll more then happy to respond.
mark

Fremont, WI

#136 Apr 19, 2012
MLU wrote:
I have purchased 2 yellow labs from pretty penny, and neither of them have anything wrong with them. They don't show any signs of mistreatment. I will continue to purchase from Pretty Penny, no matter what anyone says.
Monitarily supporting people who abuse animals....you must be an imbecile.
mark

Fremont, WI

#137 Apr 19, 2012
glensgardengirl wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, have you BEEN there and met the man to make this judgement call????? I should take that back, because no one has the right to judge another, my and Geralds God will do that, but FORM YOUR OWN OPINION!! Do not rely on others input!! This establishment is ALREADY up to code. Plastic coated cage bottoms and all!!
Plastic coated cage bottom and ALL???!!!! And having plastic coated wire for cage floors to you is humane??!!! How would you like to spend your life living in a cage..walking and standing and living on that!

glensgardens, I have been there... it is a puppy mill.

The the owner managed to clean the place up a little and made minimal changes to get a conditional license. He ain't out o' the woods yet. With the commercial kennel law enacted maybe the DATCP will enforce the regulations.... regulations that are still lacking.

The man is a mass dog breeder=puppy miller

to the general public; Do your homework and adopt from a reputable rescue or shelter ( there are bads ones too ) or buy from a reputable breeder
George

Campbellsport, WI

#138 Aug 12, 2012
They are now LICENSED under the New law and passed with Flying colors, DATCP Must think hes doing a good job!! The humane society has been slandering him for years just to get donations and attention.
Well Pretty Penny has been in business for decades and now is 100% legitimate and that state and act 90 says so. Who has egg on their faces now????
myboys

Gurnee, IL

#140 Sep 23, 2012
hi can someone tell me how i can get a puppy from pretty penny kennels.
Ritzy

United States

#142 Oct 10, 2012
We bought 2 mini schnauzer pups from them this summer and we LOVE them! They are healthy and were all up to date on their shots when we got them. I've had them to our vet twice now for the rest of their shots and to get checked out and they are fine, and no worms!!! They are adorable and are our spoiled babies! No problems here!
kims

United States

#143 Oct 23, 2012
KimS wrote:
I used to live less than one mile from Pretty Penny Farms, Mr. Schultz is a nightmare of a human (if you can call him that). If I had any idea of the type of establishment he was I would have never purchased my house - it made my stomach sick even driving past his place, much less the unfortunate time I had to meet him. For those of you defending him, have you heard about how many dogs of died due to his carelessess. There is absolutely no reason to buy from a puppy mill. If you must be breed specific try looking into a rescue, if it must be a puppy, go to a breed specific breeder. Pretty Penny Farms is no joke, its a sad sad waste..........
y Rnt u reporting him
SUZANNE

Pensacola, FL

#144 Jun 15, 2013
I BOUGHT MY DOXIE GRETCHEN FIFTEEN YEARS AGO FROM THIS BREEDER. I MET THE PARENTS BEFORE I CHOSE MY PUPPY. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL WITH MY BEAUTIFUL GRETCHEN. THE CONDITIONS WERE GREAT.
MY GOOD FRIEND AND HER HUSBAND CHOOSE A BASSET HOUND THREE YEARS LATER AND I WENT WITH THEM TO PICK OUT A PUPPY. THEY ALSO HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEIR DOG THAT IS ALIVE AND WELL.
THERE WAS A CEMENT "CANAL" FOR WATER AND DEBRIS TO FLOW AWAY FROM THE CAGES WHEN THEY ARE WASHED OUT DAILY. IF THE KENNELS DID NOT HAVE A WIRE LIKE BOTTOM THE DOGS WOULD BE SITTING IN THEIR OWN URINE AND FECES!
MY FRIEND AND I WERE AWARE OF THE PUPPY MILL
ACUSATIONS SO WE BOTH WALKED THE GROUNDS AND NOTED
EVERYTHING ABOUT THE DOG AREA. I WAS VERY DEMANDING
OF THE CONDITIONS OF ALL OF THE DOGS AND THEIR PENS. I FOUND NOTHING TO OBJECT TO.
I DO NOT BLAME THE MAN FOR SAYING THAT HE WOULD KILL TRESPASSERS OF ANIMALS RIGHTS CRAZY PEOPLE. NO ONE CAN JUST WALK ONTO SOMEONE'S PROPERTY. YOU
CRAZY PEOPLE HAVE HOUNDED THIS MAN TO DEATH! DO YOU
EXPECT HIM TO NOT DEFEND HIS BUSINESS AND PROPERTY. I TALKED TO THIS MAN ON THE PHONE AND ASKED ABOUT DOXIE PUPPIES. I HAD JUST LOST A SWEET PUPPY THAT I BOUGHT AT PET LAND. SHE DIED BEING SPAYED. GRETCHEN WAS SPAYED WITH NO PROBLEMS.
MY DAUGHTER PURCHASED A BRITISH MASTIFF IN OHIO AND BROUGHT THE SWEETY HOME TO ALL OF US TO LOVE. BY DAY THREE I TOLD MY DAUGHTER SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THE PUPPY. IT HAD PARVO! THEY BOUGHT IT FROM A SO CALLED RESPONSIBLE BREEDER. IT COST THEM THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS TO SAVE THIS DOGS LIFE ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IT HAD ARTHRITIS LIKE A SIX YEAR OLD DOG WOULD HAVE. IT WAS ONE YEAR OLD. THEY COULD NO LONGER KEEP THEIR BEAUTIFUL DOG BECAUSE IT BIT TWO ADULTS.
Mary

Milwaukee, WI

#145 Jul 16, 2013
Why are you not doing anything about this "Neighbor" issue then?
kims wrote:
<quoted text>y Rnt u reporting him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I wrote about the Old Fashioned's 'comeback' an... May 18 Frank 1
News Wisconsin DOT warns drivers during Motorcycle S... May 12 resident Up North 1
Southwest storm 13u baseball May 9 to THAT parent 4
News Wisconsin AG: Undercover campaign videos reveal... Apr 29 huntcoyotes 27
News Weird 39 mins ago 6:33 a.m.Brazen cheese heists... Apr 24 Parden Pard 8
News Sen. Duckworth to headline Wisconsin Democratic... Apr '17 BHM5267 1
jakubowski Apr '17 Sad 2
More from around the web