Confused hunter fells rare albino buck

Confused hunter fells rare albino buck

There are 84 comments on the The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press story from Nov 22, 2006, titled Confused hunter fells rare albino buck. In it, The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that:

It was beautiful. Now it's dead. Pure white with pink eyes and nearly white hooves, the eight-point albino buck had mesmerized residents of Clam Falls , Wis., for more than two years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Minneapolis-St. Paul Pioneer Press.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
bob

London, Canada

#1 Dec 12, 2006
cool
The Watcher

Hastings, MN

#2 Dec 16, 2006
Ridiculous laws. Why NOT shoot an albino? An albino is a genetic mutation and SHOULD be culled from the herd.

Just goes to show the arbitrary and foolish nature of hunting regulations.
Deer hunter

Dodgeville, WI

#3 Dec 16, 2006
I think it is cool that he an albino deer. It is odd to see one so this saprises me. At a place called the Macense center they have a mounted one and other albino birds and roudents.
Kathy

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2006
We have spotted a doe albino deer on our property in Groveland, Ca. It is so beautiful!! I thought I would share this with you. I am sorry for your loss. We got a few pictures, I only had my cell phone on me at the time. She was asleep on our property I got as close as 25-30 feet!!What a beautiful animal!!Signed Kathy Goodwin in California
nate

Utica, NY

#5 May 14, 2007
The http://www.albinodeer.info is an endangered species, thats why we shouldn't shoot them, regardless if they are a mutation or not. They were thought to be "magical" by the indians way back when, so it falls under one of those politically correct things to do.
Australian

Australia

#6 May 15, 2007
The Watcher wrote:
Ridiculous laws. Why NOT shoot an albino? An albino is a genetic mutation and SHOULD be culled from the herd.
Just goes to show the arbitrary and foolish nature of hunting regulations.
So why not cull genetic mutatiosn from the human race. Or while you're at it,'inferior races'?

Hey, that's been tried before!

And you call me a Nazi

GunShowOnTheNet

“Shall NOT be infringed.”

Since: Dec 06

Phoenix, AZ.

#7 May 15, 2007
Australian wrote:
<quoted text>
So why not cull genetic mutatiosn from the human race. Or while you're at it,'inferior races'?
And you call me a Nazi
Speaking of "culling" and "mutants", what's up?(oh, I'm sorry you are "downunder", correct?)........;)
dan holm

New Lisbon, WI

#8 May 15, 2007
hunters= mostly failed little men

shoot the people with the ugly "G" on their coat I say
amanda

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 1, 2007
hey i just wanted to say that i think its absolutley insane that we cant hunt albino deer!! hunting is a sport and albino deer are rare so if you see one your damn lucky!! and the oppertunity to shoot one and have that wall mounter would be a once in a lifetime privelage!! the point is there deer too and way i see it is if they make it through the fawn stage and into adulthood then it should make it fair game since they can do everything a normal deer can!!
Steve

Freehold, NJ

#10 Oct 1, 2007
Australian wrote:
<quoted text>
And you call me a Nazi
Perhaps you're unawares, but this is done everyday. How do you think we have so many different species of dogs & cats? They were manipulated thru selective breeding Of course, that also goes for almost all farms animals.

Perhaps you're one of those that believe animals have the same rights as humans. Perhaps you could explain to me how it's any different for a deer to be killed by a wolf or a human? Had wolves not been eradicated from the area by humans, that deer most likely would have never survived so long.
Steve

Freehold, NJ

#11 Oct 1, 2007
Whoops, should have specified, 'this is done everyday to animals.' I don't want him to use the excuse that I meant people.

“It's all in the reflexes.”

Since: Jun 07

Good ol' USA

#12 Oct 1, 2007
Australian wrote:
<quoted text>
And you call me a Nazi
Takes a pretty special kind of guy to not be able to tell the difference between a deer and a person. I suppose that living with all those sheep can get a person confused about what's acceptable behaviour and what's not with four legs and two legs.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#13 Oct 1, 2007
This is just plain hideous.

It's freaking deer, for goodness sakes!

AND, it most certainly =IS NOT= an 'endangered' species.

I'll guarantee you this: IF push comes to shove, and you have to survive, that albino deer WILL be meat on your table. If not? You'll be meat in some predator's stomach.

And don't even be giving me that line of crap about your 'vegetarian' life style.

When push comes to shove, you won't be grazing with the cattle because there's no longer any fresh vegies at the super market.

ONCE AGAIN:
I'll guarantee you this: IF push comes to shove, and you have to survive, that albino deer WILL be meat on your table. If not? You'll be meat in some predator's stomach.
Jedediah

United States

#14 Oct 1, 2007
Jedediah Sayeth:
He who see color, be blind man inside
I AM JEDEDIAH!
nonkiller

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#15 Nov 6, 2007
It is not a privelage (spelled privilege by the way) to shoot anything, nor is it a right by any stretch of the imagination. The mentality of considering a rarity of nature a prize to kill says everything about the person. If we ever are visited by an advanced race, I'll be embarrassed for that type of thinking. Pathetic. If you want to shoot something so badly how about going across the pond and picking off some insurgents? Oh yeah, they shoot back. Nevermind.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#16 Nov 6, 2007
nonkiller wrote:
It is not a privelage (spelled privilege by the way) to shoot anything, nor is it a right by any stretch of the imagination. The mentality of considering a rarity of nature a prize to kill says everything about the person. If we ever are visited by an advanced race, I'll be embarrassed for that type of thinking. Pathetic. If you want to shoot something so badly how about going across the pond and picking off some insurgents? Oh yeah, they shoot back. Nevermind.
Did you change your depends after composing that diatribe?

GunShowOnTheNet

“Shall NOT be infringed.”

Phoenix, AZ.

#17 Nov 6, 2007
nonkiller wrote:
You are truly mentally challenged if you actually believe that BS.

"The defence of one’s self, justly called the primary law of nature, is not, nor can it be abrogated by any regulation of municipal law. This principle of defence is not confined merely to the person; it extends to the liberty and the property of a man: it is not confined merely to his own person; it extends to the persons of all those, to whom he bears a peculiar relation -- of his wife, of his parent, of his child, of his master, of his servant: nay, it extends to the person of every one, who is in danger; perhaps, to the liberty of every one, whose liberty is unjustly and forcibly attacked. It becomes humanity as well as justice."

- James Wilson,'Of the Natural Rights of Individuals', 1790-1792 (Signed the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, Congressman, Delegate to the Constitutional Convention and Supreme Court Justice).
http://gunshowonthenet.com/2ALEGAL/OftheNatur...

"The Right to Self Defense"
http://gunshowonthenet.com/AfterTheFact/Right...

“Agreed to found our Rights upon the Laws of Nature....”
http://gunshowonthenet.com/2ALaw/LawsofNature...

“I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Fond du Lac

#18 Nov 7, 2007
Oh God you must be a member of the NRA..Hey how's Heston doing with his Alzheimers?

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#19 Nov 7, 2007
muskyhusky wrote:
Oh God you must be a member of the NRA..Hey how's Heston doing with his Alzheimers?
I wouldn't know.
How are you coming along with the treatments for your bipolar disorder?

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

#21 Nov 7, 2007
PorkedYogurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God, you must be a member of Overeater's Anonymous. How's Rosie O'Donnell doing with her 80 lbs. of crack??
80 lbs of crack?!!

Would that be 'butt crack?' ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 39 mins ago 6:33 a.m.Brazen cheese heists... Mon Parden Pard 8
News Sen. Duckworth to headline Wisconsin Democratic... Apr 20 BHM5267 1
jakubowski Apr 15 Sad 2
News Lawmakers Look to Tackle Heroin and Opioid Epid... Apr 10 kyman 2
Slow slips, underground water and volcanic type... Apr 8 Volcan 1
News Did Republicans Rig the Election? Apr 6 Russian POTUS 175
News Illinois governor seeks prison tower cameras Mar '17 BHM5267 1
More from around the web