Mexican Trucks About to Roll Back Ont...

Mexican Trucks About to Roll Back Onto U.S. Highways

There are 29 comments on the www.newsmax.com story from Jul 27, 2009, titled Mexican Trucks About to Roll Back Onto U.S. Highways. In it, www.newsmax.com reports that:

A plan containing guidelines on getting Mexican trucks back on U.S. highways has gone through bureaucratic review, the first step toward ending Mexican tariffs on $2.4 billion worth of U.S. goods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newsmax.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lance Winslow

United States

#2 Jul 27, 2009

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 Jul 27, 2009
has it ever occurred to our politicians that we could prevent the loss of american jobs by restricting competition from foreign countries?

that is what they are doing to us. so, why don't we do that to them?

take china for example.. originally, we were suppose to be able to expand our markets by engaging in trade with the 1.3 billion people in china. this was suppose to mean bigger profits for us. yet what happens?

..we get these HUGE trade debts in the TRILLIONS. each day 1+ BILLION is added on to this total.

have you ever wondered why?

other countries are not playing fair. they won't let us sell our products in their countries fairly. in many cases, they are STEALING our stuff by making copies of our stuff, and sell their own copies to their people rather than sell ours to them.

if just 10 cents were paid to us for every pirated software, movie, drugs, music by foreign countries, america wouldn't be having all these trade debts with the foreign countries.

think about it.

here is another example of unfair trade (protectionism) being forced upon us by foreign countries, and our government is allowing it to happen with IMPUNITY....

here in thailand, you have to pay 7 dollars for a can of spam. in the philippines, that same can of spam goes for 4 dollars. have you ever wondered why this is so? econ 101 - so that foreign products don't compete with their local products.

this practice is going on all over the world. and is allowed to do so by our government with IMPUNITY.

the numbers speak for themselves. we have trade debts in the TRILLIONS.

stop the pain by not allowing the UNFAIR trade to continue.

to those of you who are saying that - this would create a trade war, consider this... has it ever dawned on you that many countries have ALREADY declared a trade war with us?

I mean. truly think about it. we are currently experiencing trade debts AROUND the world in the TRILLIONS.

marijuana smoking brain dead stupid hippie politicians. I hate every one of them.

they care more about foreigners than they do for americans.

Location hidden

#4 Jul 27, 2009
these marijuana smoking brain dead stupid hippie politicians are so brain dead, they probably cannot perceive what we need to do to stop the trade debts from increasing.

let me repeat.. STOP the unfair trade. place tariffs on the foreign products. if need be, stop the trade altogether. allowing the unchecked protectionism FORCED upon us by the foreign countries is just going to allow the trade debts to increase.

where's the logic to doing that?

Location hidden

#5 Jul 27, 2009
hillary is a space cadet.

she probably cannot comprehend what I am even saying. and we have her representing us in china.

truly unbelievable!
Cranky old man

United States

#7 Jul 28, 2009
Aren't these the trucks we had so many problems with like dope smuggling and lots of bad accidents caused by unsafe trucks?
BHOSux

Denver, CO

#9 Jul 28, 2009
Divert I-25 to Ted Kennedy's house.
they call me JACK

Marietta, GA

#10 Jul 28, 2009
america needs help.they can bring in drugs,illegal aliens,(if there are any left there) work for almost nothing so the american trucker wil lose his job, this having a domino affect.... the truck stops will close, the tire shops wil close, the insurance companies will go up on your car policy because the big money truckers pay wont be there,the food cost will rise because they can charge what they want after they run everyone out of business,along with ,when one of these mexican trucks runs over your car and crushes it, you cannot press charges, or sue someone over national borders,so you can just forget that!.The mexican truckers cant speak english dont have to abide by american driving law, cant read signage,so your on your own.
leo from cornelia

Ottawa, KS

#13 Jul 29, 2009
beware of texas governor TRICKY RICKY PERRY. perry is opposing fed healthcare while long time stooge for mexican trucks and NAFTA superhighway. i predict perry is being prepped to be next empty suit to replace g.w. bush a corporate flunky.
Psd in WI

Germantown, WI

#14 Jul 29, 2009
leo from cornelia wrote:
beware of texas governor TRICKY RICKY PERRY. perry is opposing fed healthcare while long time stooge for mexican trucks and NAFTA superhighway. i predict perry is being prepped to be next empty suit to replace g.w. bush a corporate flunky.
Your full of it! This plan was hatched under BJ Clinton. And was and still is a pet project of the Democraps.
After all Barny Franks admitted it in an intervew 6 months ago. I quot ( All though the larg influxe of mexicans hurts our core blue coller constituants, We feel its worth it becouse the mexicans always vote for democraps and our plan is to make it so that in 2-3 years the republicans won't be able to win any elections.)
They don't care about you or anything other than getting more power.
A Perspective

Oscoda, MI

#15 Jul 29, 2009
Asian Guy wrote:
hillary is a space cadet.
she probably cannot comprehend what I am even saying. and we have her representing us in china.
truly unbelievable!
That's pathetic. Mrs. Clinton can comprehend plenty, and more than you. She is quite an exceedingly accomplished politician, woman, mother, and SOS. She doesn't need your opinion either.
A Perspective

Oscoda, MI

#16 Jul 29, 2009
leo from cornelia wrote:
How can a man, who doesn't even like America, and wants his state to leave the union, want to be President? He hates Americans and America, that's obvious.
Jersey Boys

Crest Hill, IL

#17 Jul 29, 2009
Where are all the people thanking George Bush for this? I know from the tone of your posts, you voted for Georgie, and he loved this idea!
Deo Vindice

Sacramento, CA

#18 Jul 29, 2009
Many of them will be filled with illegal Mexicans.

Since we know that most illegal Mexicans drink and drive, hopefully there will be some disasters involving only their trucks - like running off a cliff. IT'S A CHOICE THEY MAKE !!!

We don't need more illegal Mexicans here, they already are draining all resources.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 29, 2009
A Perspective wrote:
<quoted text>That's pathetic. Mrs. Clinton can comprehend plenty, and more than you. She is quite an exceedingly accomplished politician, woman, mother, and SOS. She doesn't need your opinion either.
if she is so smart, tell me, genius.. how is she going to stop the trade debt from increasing?

has she even proposed a plan to stop it from increasing?

has any politician - democrat OR republican - presented a solution to the problem?

our government has done NOTHING to stop the trade debts from increasing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

tell me otherwise.

so far, all we are getting is - talk. and as we all know - talk comes cheap.
DP Cassie

Houston, TX

#20 Jul 29, 2009
It would be nice if these Mexican truck drivers obeyed the traffic laws, have driver's licenses and liability insurance. The illegals in my area have none of this. If you are in a wreck with one of them...oh well...tough luck...
DP Cassie

Houston, TX

#21 Jul 29, 2009
A Perspective wrote:
<quoted text>How can a man, who doesn't even like America, and wants his state to leave the union, want to be President? He hates Americans and America, that's obvious.
I have lived in Texas all my life and Rick Perry is by far the sorriest excuse for a Govenor, Republican or Democrat that we have ever had. Even worse than George Bush...and that is saying a lot. I can remember when the Federal Government allocated funds for healthcare for poor children....both Bush and Perry turned it down. Why? Republicans do not like poor people, even children.
just more

Norfolk, VA

#22 Jul 30, 2009
just one more thing your race will do and then wonder what happened down the line..all for a dollar..geesh.
amazed

Tallahassee, FL

#23 Jul 30, 2009
Moron, these fools don't smoke Marijuana. They smoke crack.
Asian Guy wrote:
these marijuana smoking brain dead stupid hippie politicians are so brain dead, they probably cannot perceive what we need to do to stop the trade debts from increasing.
let me repeat.. STOP the unfair trade. place tariffs on the foreign products. if need be, stop the trade altogether. allowing the unchecked protectionism FORCED upon us by the foreign countries is just going to allow the trade debts to increase.
where's the logic to doing that?
grunt

Las Vegas, NV

#24 Jul 30, 2009
Guess the American trucker better learn to live on the same pay as the Mexican truckers with their worn out riggs.
what a stupid Idea,letting cheap mexicam labor take over American truckers jobs,leave it tro the democrate to give America away, and yes the Repubs are just as much to blaim
auroranorth

Redgranite, WI

#27 Jul 31, 2009
obama is nuts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michigan recount now in doubt; Pennsylvania set... 4 hr CZars_R_US 2
News Why are people giving Jill Stein millions of do... Dec 5 spud 41
News Wisconsin Dems Slam Trump Backers Dec 5 Crushy9254 65
News Everything You Need to Know About the Election ... Dec 3 EL1SE ELEESE ELYSE 1
News Did Republicans Rig the Election? Nov 30 Not my President 76
News After the Election, Trump Maintains his Bizarre... Nov 29 anti establishment 5
News Voter suppression helped decide presidential el... Nov 28 spud 22
More from around the web