Six Wolves Found Dead in Wisconsin

Six Wolves Found Dead in Wisconsin

There are 31 comments on the WSAW story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Six Wolves Found Dead in Wisconsin. In it, WSAW reports that:

A signal from a radio collar alerted a pilot with the state Department of Natural Resources to the first of six wolves found dead the day before and during Wisconsin's gun deer season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSAW.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amelia

Green Bay, WI

#22 Jan 28, 2011
muskyhusky wrote:
More wolf haters breaking the law, I hope they find you and nail your you know what the wall, better still send them to prison and they bunk with the big boys they won't seem so tough then.
Totally have to agree. I don't understand why people treat such creatures with distain. They are beautiful. Do they hate themselves that much?
PSD in WI

Saint Joseph, MO

#23 Jan 30, 2011
Brian wrote:
I think some of these people have been watching werewolf movies and thinking it was a documentary on wolves. I am amazed at how many people talk without knowing anything.
Well its not from the moves,It's from documenterys that have shown that wolves kill for fun,and do a gret job of wiping out whole heards of elk,antilop,and deer.
Maybe you should get out of your moms basment and check out the rel world.
Go to the forest,and hug the wolves.
They will love you right back.(one bite at a time)And will will not miss you.
Austin

New Lisbon, WI

#24 Jun 1, 2011
wow how many wolfs do you think are here?? quite a few need killing and maybe some of you tree hungers need to think before you talk and get your facts straight!
pooky

Viroqua, WI

#25 Nov 15, 2011
Im a 38yr old avid hunter from sw wisconsin. My family has hunted deer religiously in the Jackson Co. area since the 50s. The hunting up until 15 yrs ago has always been pretty good in there. Since our wonderful DNR decided it was a good idea populate the area with wolves it has gotten to the point that our group of about 7 guys is lucky to see 1 deer in a whole weekend.(sometimes its more like 0). Ive finally decided that Im done with a 60 yr old family tradition that reunites my family once a year.
Wolves do not belong here and there is a reason that we killed all of them years ago. We as sportsmen need to start banding together a killing all of these disgusting vile creatures. Bullets, poison bait piles and whatever else you can dream of need to be used to kill evey single one left to maybe do some good with this problem. Ive heard fly bait is a good meal for them. This weekend shoot for the guts when you encounter one. That way they will die elsewhere.
Just for the record I thought it was cool to get wolves back too. After I saw it turn a wonderful public hunting area into a desolate wasteland I kinda changed my tune. At 38 I guess Im a retired deer hunter already. Thanks DNR. I'll save my time and money this year and many more.
Maybe

Ava, MO

#26 Nov 15, 2011
Brian wrote:
I think some of these people have been watching werewolf movies and thinking it was a documentary on wolves. I am amazed at how many people talk without knowing anything.
Yes isn't it amazing the ignorance of many Americans? But then those of such ignorance have no problem slaughtering deer to satisfy their sport blood lust then complain about wolves killing to eat. LOL! And seeing all those on food stamps this nonsense deer need to be killed for protien is just another feeble excuse to continue in blood sport.
Maybe

Ava, MO

#27 Nov 15, 2011
pooky wrote:
Im a 38yr old avid hunter from sw wisconsin. My family has hunted deer religiously in the Jackson Co. area since the 50s. The hunting up until 15 yrs ago has always been pretty good in there. Since our wonderful DNR decided it was a good idea populate the area with wolves it has gotten to the point that our group of about 7 guys is lucky to see 1 deer in a whole weekend.(sometimes its more like 0). Ive finally decided that Im done with a 60 yr old family tradition that reunites my family once a year.
Wolves do not belong here and there is a reason that we killed all of them years ago. We as sportsmen need to start banding together a killing all of these disgusting vile creatures. Bullets, poison bait piles and whatever else you can dream of need to be used to kill evey single one left to maybe do some good with this problem. Ive heard fly bait is a good meal for them. This weekend shoot for the guts when you encounter one. That way they will die elsewhere.
People who have no respect for animal life most often have no resect for human life either.

Since: Apr 10

Omaha, NE

#28 Nov 15, 2011
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes isn't it amazing the ignorance of many Americans? But then those of such ignorance have no problem slaughtering deer to satisfy their sport blood lust then complain about wolves killing to eat. LOL! And seeing all those on food stamps this nonsense deer need to be killed for protien is just another feeble excuse to continue in blood sport.
So your argument is it's ok for them to hunt for food but not ok for us to hunt for food?
pooky

Viroqua, WI

#29 Nov 15, 2011
It also appears that of the stupid responses would be from areas that don't this little problem. People figured out a long time ago that nothing coexists with these incredibly intelligent animals well. Talk to a few locals around Yellowstone and see what there thoughts are about the wof population. Also see how long you can spend there and not see shit anymore for wildlife. Most of you idiots that love these shitty creatures probably should leave the coffee shop now and then.
Eradicate them again.-Soon!
deerrss99

Menomonee Falls, WI

#30 Dec 9, 2013
yes the wolf was here before we were here but people tried to wipe them out because of damage they where doing to peoples live stock back in those days. I dont like the wolf here at all but we are not going to get rid of them I hope the dnr can or will kept a control on them I have had wolfs in front of me and did not shoot them just to kill it thats not me Im a hunter not a person that kills because he or she dont like that wolf cat what ever. So even tho I dont like the wolf at all lets have respect and lets shoot them the right way.
in terms of this

Boyd, WI

#31 May 2, 2015
I have native blood in my veins, when I go hunting I do not do it for blood sport. I make the kill as quick and painless as possible, thanking them for their meat. I too, did enjoy the idea of having wolves come back but they are not only hunting, these wolves were probably raised by the government, because they are acting unnatural. I do not condone killing any animal outside of a hunt to any reason. But if my life becomes endangered I will do what my ancestors have done and defend myself. If the white man disagrees and calls me a savage, then go back to Europe, I was here before you, and I'm not understanding why you wouldn't defend yourself. If you see one they usually are just as surprised and will leave. Once their ears go down and smile it isn't because your a friend you are a meal. Learn this difference some wolves are OK. Some will attack on site. This is why you shouldn't play nature, now the ecosystem is in danger.
vocal local

Oak Creek, WI

#32 Monday Feb 13
Brian wrote:
I also find it very funny that Bunka Galore spells my name Brain instead of Brian. Freudian slip perhaps? I do realize that the wolf packs in Oak Creek are substantial and therefore this topic is far more relevant to you than to others.
Brian, What do you know about wolves in Oak Creek? I live here and think I saw a large wolf several years back only once but last night, Feb/2017 I caught three wolves I think running down the RR tracks. I don't know how many in the group as I only saw three pass by but the pack could have been larger. They were big but I couldn't see any facial features. Running with their tails extended behind them about ten feet apart. Our deer population is way down since bow hunting is allowed in certain designated areas or the construction has forced them out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wisconsin students demand free tuition for blac... Feb 18 Sean Spicer 4
read this if you're looking for a kinky woman!! Feb 6 Nipples6280 1
News Wisconsin Democrats propose legislation to lega... Feb 6 Jo Ann 1
News Can A Liberal Talk Station Survive In Trumpa s ... Feb 1 BHM5267 1
News Wisconsin union membership continues to fall Jan 30 BHM5267 1
News Wisconsin has most successful year for solar po... Jan 29 Solarman 1
J McCarthy Jan 25 SirQwert 1
More from around the web