Six Wolves Found Dead in Wisconsin

Dec 10, 2008 Full story: WSAW 29

A signal from a radio collar alerted a pilot with the state Department of Natural Resources to the first of six wolves found dead the day before and during Wisconsin's gun deer season.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amelia

Hales Corners, WI

#22 Jan 28, 2011
muskyhusky wrote:
More wolf haters breaking the law, I hope they find you and nail your you know what the wall, better still send them to prison and they bunk with the big boys they won't seem so tough then.
Totally have to agree. I don't understand why people treat such creatures with distain. They are beautiful. Do they hate themselves that much?
PSD in WI

Saint Joseph, MO

#23 Jan 30, 2011
Brian wrote:
I think some of these people have been watching werewolf movies and thinking it was a documentary on wolves. I am amazed at how many people talk without knowing anything.
Well its not from the moves,It's from documenterys that have shown that wolves kill for fun,and do a gret job of wiping out whole heards of elk,antilop,and deer.
Maybe you should get out of your moms basment and check out the rel world.
Go to the forest,and hug the wolves.
They will love you right back.(one bite at a time)And will will not miss you.
Austin

New Lisbon, WI

#24 Jun 1, 2011
wow how many wolfs do you think are here?? quite a few need killing and maybe some of you tree hungers need to think before you talk and get your facts straight!
pooky

Viroqua, WI

#25 Nov 15, 2011
Im a 38yr old avid hunter from sw wisconsin. My family has hunted deer religiously in the Jackson Co. area since the 50s. The hunting up until 15 yrs ago has always been pretty good in there. Since our wonderful DNR decided it was a good idea populate the area with wolves it has gotten to the point that our group of about 7 guys is lucky to see 1 deer in a whole weekend.(sometimes its more like 0). Ive finally decided that Im done with a 60 yr old family tradition that reunites my family once a year.
Wolves do not belong here and there is a reason that we killed all of them years ago. We as sportsmen need to start banding together a killing all of these disgusting vile creatures. Bullets, poison bait piles and whatever else you can dream of need to be used to kill evey single one left to maybe do some good with this problem. Ive heard fly bait is a good meal for them. This weekend shoot for the guts when you encounter one. That way they will die elsewhere.
Just for the record I thought it was cool to get wolves back too. After I saw it turn a wonderful public hunting area into a desolate wasteland I kinda changed my tune. At 38 I guess Im a retired deer hunter already. Thanks DNR. I'll save my time and money this year and many more.
Maybe

Aldrich, MO

#26 Nov 15, 2011
Brian wrote:
I think some of these people have been watching werewolf movies and thinking it was a documentary on wolves. I am amazed at how many people talk without knowing anything.
Yes isn't it amazing the ignorance of many Americans? But then those of such ignorance have no problem slaughtering deer to satisfy their sport blood lust then complain about wolves killing to eat. LOL! And seeing all those on food stamps this nonsense deer need to be killed for protien is just another feeble excuse to continue in blood sport.
Maybe

Aldrich, MO

#27 Nov 15, 2011
pooky wrote:
Im a 38yr old avid hunter from sw wisconsin. My family has hunted deer religiously in the Jackson Co. area since the 50s. The hunting up until 15 yrs ago has always been pretty good in there. Since our wonderful DNR decided it was a good idea populate the area with wolves it has gotten to the point that our group of about 7 guys is lucky to see 1 deer in a whole weekend.(sometimes its more like 0). Ive finally decided that Im done with a 60 yr old family tradition that reunites my family once a year.
Wolves do not belong here and there is a reason that we killed all of them years ago. We as sportsmen need to start banding together a killing all of these disgusting vile creatures. Bullets, poison bait piles and whatever else you can dream of need to be used to kill evey single one left to maybe do some good with this problem. Ive heard fly bait is a good meal for them. This weekend shoot for the guts when you encounter one. That way they will die elsewhere.
People who have no respect for animal life most often have no resect for human life either.

Since: Apr 10

Omaha, NE

#28 Nov 15, 2011
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes isn't it amazing the ignorance of many Americans? But then those of such ignorance have no problem slaughtering deer to satisfy their sport blood lust then complain about wolves killing to eat. LOL! And seeing all those on food stamps this nonsense deer need to be killed for protien is just another feeble excuse to continue in blood sport.
So your argument is it's ok for them to hunt for food but not ok for us to hunt for food?
pooky

Viroqua, WI

#29 Nov 15, 2011
It also appears that of the stupid responses would be from areas that don't this little problem. People figured out a long time ago that nothing coexists with these incredibly intelligent animals well. Talk to a few locals around Yellowstone and see what there thoughts are about the wof population. Also see how long you can spend there and not see shit anymore for wildlife. Most of you idiots that love these shitty creatures probably should leave the coffee shop now and then.
Eradicate them again.-Soon!
deerrss99

Kaukauna, WI

#30 Dec 9, 2013
yes the wolf was here before we were here but people tried to wipe them out because of damage they where doing to peoples live stock back in those days. I dont like the wolf here at all but we are not going to get rid of them I hope the dnr can or will kept a control on them I have had wolfs in front of me and did not shoot them just to kill it thats not me Im a hunter not a person that kills because he or she dont like that wolf cat what ever. So even tho I dont like the wolf at all lets have respect and lets shoot them the right way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wisconsin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Pommer: Wisconsina s budget deficit grows 10 hr Captain Yesterday 5
Merrill woman wins $1 million lottery 19 hr saleh87223192alha... 2
For the record: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's i... Jan 6 Walkersha 1
News Guide: A quick look at Wisconsin elections Dec '14 Citizen 2
A Year in News: 2014 Brings Legal Gay Marriage ... Dec '14 WeTheSheeple 1
Pretty Penny Puppy Mill, Plymouth Wisconsin (May '07) Dec '14 Anonymously ROTFLMAO 148
Improving Long-Term Care in Wisconsin Dec '14 kurtcooksalot16 2
More from around the web