Precedent against same-sex marriage

Precedent against same-sex marriage

There are 31 comments on the HeraldNet story from Apr 22, 2012, titled Precedent against same-sex marriage. In it, HeraldNet reports that:

Since 1998, ballot measures were passed banning or erasing the right of gay and lesbian couples to legally wed in 31 states.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HeraldNet.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#21 Apr 23, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how some still taunt the ACTIVIST JUDGE'S crap........and are still focusing on Judge Walker's sexual orientation.
We will win this through common sense, court decisions and legislative progress.........but it will happen.....and time is on our side......even though some don't like the slowness of it all!!!
Heck, no!! At this rate I'll be wheeling up to the alter with my Depends, and my hearing aids.

LOLOLOLOL

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#22 Apr 23, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, AIN'T that the truth.........but in all seriousness.......things could be different this time.......remember the vote in Maine on Question 1 in 2009 only had a difference of like 33,000 votes........that's pretty damn close to almost going the other direction......and though I won't predict a win........it is possible to get both Maine and Washington at the ballot box this year!!!
I WILL predict a win, in both Maine & Washington. But we'll lose in North Carolina next month, and also in Minnesota & Maryland in Nov.

Tawas City, Michigan

#23 Apr 23, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how some still taunt the ACTIVIST JUDGE'S crap........and are still focusing on Judge Walker's sexual orientation.
We will win this through common sense, court decisions and legislative progress.........but it will happen.....and time is on our side......even though some don't like the slowness of it all!!!
Speaking of slow, where the hell is the 9th circuit's decision on the en banc request? How long does it take to decide whether or not to grant a review? At this rate, the 1st circuit might beat them out with a decision on DOMA!

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#24 Apr 23, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, no!! At this rate I'll be wheeling up to the alter with my Depends, and my hearing aids.
LOLOLOLOL
Well, just think about how long Phyllis and Del Martin waited to get married........and if it happened in their lifetime......it could happen in yours:-)

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#25 Apr 23, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I WILL predict a win, in both Maine & Washington. But we'll lose in North Carolina next month, and also in Minnesota & Maryland in Nov.
I'll agree with your predication......with the exception of Maryland.......I'm still up in the air on them......let's hope they don't let us down!!!

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#26 Apr 23, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of slow, where the hell is the 9th circuit's decision on the en banc request? How long does it take to decide whether or not to grant a review? At this rate, the 1st circuit might beat them out with a decision on DOMA!
Wish I had an answer for ya, but haven't heard ANYTHING.......remember that the 9th is a large district and it could just take a little more time!!!

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#27 Apr 23, 2012
Justice delayed is justice denied.

Gay people die every day in the US.

None of them have ever known full equal rights in their own country.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#28 Apr 23, 2012
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Justice delayed is justice denied.
Gay people die every day in the US.
None of them have ever known full equal rights in their own country.
Amen

:(
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#29 Apr 23, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the best possible outcome!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#30 Apr 23, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I have serious doubts about a loss in Maryland. As I've said before the effort to make marriage one man, one woman has been active in Maryland for almost two decades now and they have yet to get enough support to even get it on the ballot.

In fact when G.W. Bush was elected and Bob Erhlich was first elected governor, that same election saw the passage of a State wide non discrimination bill that was on the ballot.

Tawas City, Michigan

#31 Apr 23, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have serious doubts about a loss in Maryland. As I've said before the effort to make marriage one man, one woman has been active in Maryland for almost two decades now and they have yet to get enough support to even get it on the ballot.
In fact when G.W. Bush was elected and Bob Erhlich was first elected governor, that same election saw the passage of a State wide non discrimination bill that was on the ballot.
Well I'd just consider that a bonus on top of Maine & Washington, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) Wed crusty 276,629
News With cattle in Washington's wolf country, ranch... Aug 15 carlene 2
News Washington, West Coast states in legal fight ag... Aug 2 MAGA 5
News a Unit cohesiona and how ita s been used to jus... Jul 28 Amos 11
News Minimum wage law buoys pay for all of us (Jan '11) Jul 27 C Kersey 4
News Cops debate giving tribal police authority over... (Jan '08) Jul 24 Anonymous 19
News Tougher distracted driving law to take effect i... Jul 24 Anonymous 1
More from around the web